Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Plummer retires - WOW

Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:54:48 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports free agent CB Ahmed Plummer (*****) has retired from the NFL.

rams! is offline Registered User

Re: Plummer retires - WOW

Bruce,Bulger and Holt are licking their chops at the news. That 9ers backfield just made itself very vulnerable. ( Evil laughter )

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Tawn just told me that she heard that a musical will be made about the San Fran Whiners. She said with the news of Plummer's retirement, the show will be called "A Pourus Line".

Ok....it is a frivilous post. The whiners are slowly sinking further down the drain.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams!
    Bruce,Bulger and Holt are licking their chops at the news. That 9ers backfield just made itself very vulnerable. ( Evil laughter )
    Dude, they are the *****...everyone was already licking their chops at having them on the schedule. That team was already a mess, this just makes it easier.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

5fingerRing is offline Registered User

It amazes me how everyone dogs a team after only 2 bad seasons. But I guess you come to expect it after dominating the '80's and most of the '90's w/5 SB rings to show for it.

:bow:

Oh, and by the way, Plummer won't be missed. He only played in 3 games last season.

Sooo, the lamb receivers are lickin' their chops because Plummer is retiring,huh? LOL

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 5fingerRing
    It amazes me how everyone dogs a team after only 2 bad seasons. But I guess you come to expect it after dominating the '80's and most of the '90's w/5 SB rings to show for it.

:bow:

Oh, and by the way, Plummer won't be missed. He only played in 3 games last season.

Sooo, the lamb receivers are lickin' their chops because Plummer is retiring,huh? LOL
    Jane, you ignorant slut,

Other than losing a wild card playoff game for the 2002 season, what have the **** done lately?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If one were to research the history of the Rams, they would find that the Rams hold title to more records than most teams. Yet, we fans are the ones who hear our team called names, our team is ignored, and no one takes us seriously. We have one of the top 3 QB's, one of the best WR corps, above average RBs, and are rebuilding our defense into a force to be reckoned with, yet the so-called 'experts' fail to see any of this.
    I will state one positive thing about the whiners: They are not the 'Carp' in the NFL, that title belongs to the Texans. The whiners are more like a yellow catfish. I shall give a scientific explanation of both fish, and I am sure that the majority of people reading this will understand my comparisons of the Texans and whiners to these fish:

Whiners:
    Description - The yellow bullhead closely resembles the brown bullhead with a squat body and a round or square tail. It is yellow-olive to slate-black above and lighter, often yellow to yellow-olive, on its sides with little to no mottling. The belly may be white, cream or yellow. The chin barbels are yellow to buff or pale pink; the upper barbels, which are light to dark-brown, help distinguish this species from brown bullheads. The anal fin has a straight margin with 23 to 27 rays.

Subspecies - There are no known subspecies.

Range - Occurs statewide.

Habitat - The habitat is variable and includes vegetated areas of clear, shallow lakes, reservoirs, ponds, and slow-flowing streams. They are more tolerant of polluted environments than most other members of the catfish family.

Spawning Habits - Spawning occurs in May and June as a rule, with eggs deposited in a nest usually adjacent to a submerged object. One or both parents take part in building the nest, and take turns caring for the eggs, which may number 2,000 to 4,000 and hatch in five to 10 days. The male guards the eggs and fry.

Feeding Habits - Though scavengers, yellow bullheads prefer to feed on minnows, snails, shrimp and crayfish. They also will feed on insect larvae, vegetation and decaying organic matter. Scent and taste play a vital role in their feeding, most of which is done at night.

Age and Growth - Little information is available on age and growth of this species. Generally, they average less than one pound but can grow up to three pounds.

Sporting Qualities - Easy to catch on cut bait, worms, crickets, doughballs and a wide variety of natural and prepared baits. They can be caught at any time of day, but bite best at night. They are not strong fighters. Since they can also be taken by commercial fishermen, no specific regulations currently apply but they are eligible for the "Big Catch" program.

Eating Quality - They are important as a food fish in some areas and are the dominant species in some waters. The creamy flesh is quite good when taken from clean water.

Records - World Record: 4.25 pounds, caught in Mormon Lake, Arizona, in 1984.

Texans:
    carp

hardy freshwater fish, Cyprinus carpio, the largest member of the minnow family. A native of Asia, the carp was introduced into Europe and America and has become so well established that it is called the English sparrow of the fishes. Many variations in color and form have developed. Carp have four barbels (“whiskers”) around the mouth and are usually dark greenish or brown (occasionally yellowish or silvery), with red on some of the fins. Most carp are scaled, although the mirror carp has only a few scattered scales and the leather carp has none. Carp may reach a length of 3 ft (91 cm) and a weight of 25 lbs (11.3 kg). They are bottom feeders, eating chiefly aquatic plants but also insects and small animals; their habit of rooting in the mud often makes the water unfit for the feeding and spawning of other fish. However, they are valued commercially as food fish, especially in Europe, where they are sometimes bred and raised for this purpose. Ornamental varieties are bred in Japan. Carp are classified in the phylum Chordata, class Osteichthyes, order Cypriniformes, family Cyprinidae.

So, as you can see, the Carp makes the waters unfit for other species, whereas the yellow cat doesn't have as bad of a reputation.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I believe the Whiners waived Plummer back in February, so his retiring now doesn't suddenly change anything for San Fran. They've had months to adjust to not having him.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I believe the Whiners waived Plummer back in February, so his retiring now doesn't suddenly change anything for San Fran. They've had months to adjust to not having him.
    Like....Yeah. At first I jumped on this because I thought it was Jake Plummer...which would have been a story. I'll give this thread one thing, it gave fodder for some of RamsFanSam's award winning humor!
    LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Like....Yeah. At first I jumped on this because I thought it was Jake Plummer...which would have been a story. I'll give this thread one thing, it gave fodder for some of RamsFanSam's award winning humor!
    LOL
    Yeah, same here. I thought this would be about Jake Plummer as well. The "WOW" in the title had me fooled. Ahmed Plummer retiring is newsworthy because normally he'd have a few more years left to play at his age, but he's struggled with injuries from what I recall. Either way, it's not like they're losing a cornerstone of their defense, since they cut him in February.

rams! is offline Registered User

How come everytime we discuss football with a Faider or Whiner fan they always seem to bring up the past? Your teams were good a decade ago (Two decades for Faider fans), it's 2006 and Faiders/Whiners suck. Quit living in the past.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rams!
    How come everytime we discuss football with a Faider or Whiner fan they always seem to bring up the past? Your teams were good a decade ago (Two decades for Faider fans), it's 2006 and Faiders/Whiners suck. Quit living in the past.
    LOL
    Getting swept by such a sucky team speaks volumes for your team doesn't it?? :tongue:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, I'm one fan who will be somewhat careful with the smack talk. The dad burn whiners beat us twice last year and that still chaps my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well, I'm one fan who will be somewhat careful with the smack talk. The dad burn whiners beat us twice last year and that still chaps my arse.
    My friend, that's why they play the game! Any team can get beat on any given Sunday!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Getting swept by such a sucky team speaks volumes for your team doesn't it?? :tongue:
    You're absolutely right. Those losses to perhaps the NFL's worst team exposed a lot of problems. Since then we've replaced the coaching staff and half the defensive starters. We brought in several former Pro Bowl defenders, signed one of the highest profile defensive free agents, and took the best pure corner in the draft...What have the ***** done? They've lost Julian Peterson, Andre Carter, and Ahmed Plummer this offseason and added Manny Lawson. I'd say that's a net loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast