View Poll Results: Should there be a Kurt Warner sub forum?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 14.29%
  • NO

30 85.71%
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Poll: Kurt Warner sub sub forum

With all of the bologna that goes along with being a Kurt Warner supporter and all of the lost tolerance and lost interest by many Rams fans I suggest adding a sub-forum somewhere on the board.

It is apparent that topics about him quickly and intentionally devolve into negative, spiteful and personal arguments and to that end, I would like to offer my services as a moderator in the proposed forum.

Warner may break his neck vs. Dallas and the forum will be unnecessary but until then, I would like a place for those of us that are Rams fans and Warner fans to have a positive area to talk, discuss and reminisce if we so choose.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Poll: Kurt Warner sub sub forum

Worst idea since:

How so? Warner threads and posts by far outnumber anything else in the NFL talk forum. Which was created in the first place to remove Warner talk from the Rams forum.

How exactly did the poll jump from 2 votes to 19 votes in less than a minute anyway? Perfectly coinciding with your constructive criticism.

Seems to me that there are two or three posters who are keeping the Warner stuff alive.

But, while we're at it, how about a Marshall Faulk sub-forum?

Or, maybe we need a London Fletcher sub-forum. People still like talking about him.

What about a Rich Coady sub-forum? All Coady, All The Time!

Seems to me that there are two or three posters who are keeping the Warner stuff alive.
    Want to bet on there being more than 2 or 3? Or are you just exaggerating again?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Just as Av said, if Warner gets one, everyone gets one. I know I want my Jon Alston sub forum!

Then why aren't the Isaac Bruce related topics immediately moved into the NFL talk forum? Why haven't all of the Scott Linehan threads been merged and moved to the NFL talk forum? There is a clear double standard going on and it's laughable that it isn't clear that Warner generates much more activity and input than some arbitrary roster player from the past.

Warner doesn't deserve a thread of his own because he's more important or relevant than other non-Rams or ex-Rams, it's because the content and contributions to the threads involving Warner need better supervision. If they are more isolated then they may be more easily avoided by those not interested and better monitored when blatant examples of misconduct are practiced.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Then why aren't the Isaac Bruce related topics immediately moved into the NFL talk forum?
    In many cases, they have been. Of course, Bruce has only been gone for a short period. Warner, on the other hand, has been gone for what, five years?

Why haven't all of the Scott Linehan threads been merged and moved to the NFL talk forum?
    He's been gone for what, a week and a half?

There is a clear double standard going on and it's laughable that it isn't clear that Warner generates much more activity and input than some arbitrary roster player from the past.
    There are a lot of topics that have historically been "hot button" issues here. Post a thread about Mike Martz, and you are sure to get many opinions. Those posts are relegated to the NFL board too.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-08-2008 at 03:23 PM.

In many cases, they have been. Of course, Bruce has only been gone for a short period. Warner, on the other hand, has been gone for what, five years?
    Whew! I knew there was a rationale reason. Not all of the moderators and posters are aware that Bruce is gone yet. It's always the simple answers.
    There are a lot of topics that have historically been "hot button" issues here. Post a thread about Mike Martz, and you are sure to get many opinions. Those posts are relegated to the NFL board too.
    And you're still arguing that the Warner situation isn't unique to message boards? There isn't a single other team in the NFL with a similar scenario. On this very forum there are 6 different threads related to Warner started by 6 different users. He could easily support a sub-forum just on news alone and certainly on opinions.

But just keep arguing that it's the same as creating a Bill Simpson sub-forum.

Hey! I solved the problem. I found a message board where they love talking about Kurt Warner all the time!

You'll fit in great there, Mok!

Here's the link:

Arizona Cardinals Forums - Powered by vBulletin

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Here's the first post for the new KW sub forum:

Warner on Romo:

Who does Romo remind Warner of? "A younger me," said the Super Bowl XXXIV MVP.
    "I think we're both kind of gunslingers," Warner said. "I think we're both guys who are very aggressive, take chances. I think we're guys that have the ability to make a lot of different plays with our arms, whether that's buying us a little extra time, making all the throws down the field, putting balls in tight windows. When I watch him play, I think a lot about how I like to play and always being aggressive and we'll take some chances, because we have confidence in our ability throwing the football."

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    With all of the bologna that goes along with being a Kurt Warner supporter and all of the lost tolerance and lost interest by many Rams fans I suggest adding a sub-forum somewhere on the board.
    Why would we add a sub-forum for something that you say many Rams fans have lost interest in?

If you want to talk about Warner or any non-Rams player, then make a thread for him. If you want it centralized in one location, then just make one "Official Kurt Warner Thread" and keep all the posting in there.

There's no need, IMO, for a completely new sub-forum for this.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Hey! I solved the problem. I found a message board where they love talking about Kurt Warner all the time!

You'll fit in great there, Mok!

Here's the link:

Arizona Cardinals Forums - Powered by vBulletin
    Av, I found one other board, part of the F2FA...they might have a Warner sub-sub-sub forum over there, too:
    Arizona Cardinals at CardinalFreak.com

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

8 of the 14 threads in this forum are about Kurt Warner!

I guess we don't need a separate forum, just rename this one the Kurt Warner Forum!!!!