Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

A Poston client signed before Barron

Merriman agrees to deal with Chargers

NFL.com wire reports

SAN DIEGO (Aug. 1, 2005) -- Outside linebacker Shawne Merriman, the 12th pick in the NFL draft, agreed to a five-year deal with the San Diego Chargers after he missed the first week of training camp.

Merriman caused a stir when he stayed away from all offseason workouts on the advice of his agent, Kevin Poston, because of concerns he'd get hurt before he got a contract.

While many observers expected protracted negotiations, both sides said talks went well.

"It was always professional, always cordial," Poston said. "We were able to get it done at Shawne's fair-market value."

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Re: A Poston client signed before Barron

This tears it Alex. The lone 1st round Poston client beat you into camp. Now officially you can hang your head in shame. And if it turns out that this is all because Zygmunt is trying to low ball (ie. something less than Spears got), then Jay Z can hang his head in shame. But either way, a Poston whipping boy made it to camp before Barron...somebody better start doing some shameful head hanging somewhere!
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Our first rounder hasn't made it to camp yet, and he is a center. How well does that bode for us?

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    Our first rounder hasn't made it to camp yet, and he is a center. How well does that bode for us?
    In fact, I believe your guy is the lowest 1st rounder not yet signed as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BobNWeave is offline Registered User

Hey, I'm new hear. 1st post

Anyway, the guy needs to get with the program, or he's going to be sitting on the bench. He's got a lot of potential, I just don't see what difference a few extra bucks is going to make. It better be worth it to him, 'cos he's finding himself on the Martz crap-list fast.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    In fact, I believe your guy is the lowest 1st rounder not yet signed as well.
    Yeah, he is...and everyone up to and including #21 is signed. His agent is being a ***** about negotiations adn we keep hearing...""a deal is close" "it should happen soon"...as I am sure that you are too.
    Last edited by Curly Horns; -08-03-2005 at 12:20 AM.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BobNWeave

Anyway, the guy needs to get with the program, or he's going to be sitting on the bench. He's got a lot of potential, I just don't see what difference a few extra bucks is going to make. It better be worth it to him, 'cos he's finding himself on the Martz crap-list fast.
    Welcome to ClanRam BobNWeave !!

Quote Originally Posted by BobNWeave

Welcome aboard, BNW. Glad to have you around. And you're right, those last few dollars are costing him a lot more than they are worth.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    Yeah, he is...and everyone up to and including #21 is signed. His agent is being a ***** about negotiations adn we keep hearing...""a deal is close" "it should happen soon"...as I am sure that you are too.
    In fact, rawk, everyday we hear those EXACT words.