txramsfan is offline Registered User

Postons are at it again...this time it's the whiners

These guys are absolutely unbelievable......

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2474730

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) The San Francisco ***** offered Julian Peterson the largest contract in franchise history, but general manager Terry Donahue doesn't expect it will be enough to sign the All-Pro linebacker to a long-term deal.

Donahue did not reveal details of the offer, but he said it would include a team-record $15.5 million signing bonus.
    Peterson has been a no-show at each of San Francisco's three spring minicamps. Negotiations with Peterson's agents, Kevin and Carl Poston, have been at a standstill since the Niners placed the franchise tag on Peterson in February.

The Niners made that move after Peterson declined a package that Donahue said would make the four-year veteran the second-highest paid linebacker in the NFL. The contract would trail only the seven-year, $50 million deal signed by Baltimore's Ray Lewis in 2002. That deal included a $19 million signing bonus.

"I think we've made our intentions really clear," Donahue said. "Julian Peterson is an important part of the organization, and he is a player we would like to have here for the long term or we would have never made that kind of offer to him."

Last season, Peterson led the Niners with seven sacks and three forced fumbles and was second on the team with 144 tackles. He was named to the Pro Bowl for the second consecutive year.

The franchise tag prohibits Peterson from negotiating with any team except the *****.

He has yet to sign the team's one-year tender offer of just over $6 million, which is the average salary of the five highest-paid players at Peterson's position.

Negotiations between Peterson and the ***** cannot begin again until July 15.

Donahue anticipates Peterson will holdout when training camp begins July 30.

"Getting Julian Peterson into camp is important to us," Donahue said. "But at the same time, it is what it is. There really isn't a whole lot to discuss. I do not expect us to be in heavy negotiations (after July 15) or anything like that. We've gone where we can go. We've made a very, very competitive offer."

Peterson's agents reportedly were asking for a deal that included $30 million in guaranteed money before talks broke off in February.

When asked Wednesday if that figure was accurate, Donahue replied, "I don't know. I lost track."

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Postons are at it again...this time it's the whiners

I can not believe these guys. What really gets me, why do players continue to ask them to be there agents?? And no offense to anyone, but is this a black thing?? Are they trying to keep the representation among the black community? I don't get it?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Peterson's agents reportedly were asking for a deal that included $30 million in guaranteed money before talks broke off in February.
    These guys are incredible. I swear, why would any team draft a player represented by these idiots? Every interview I have heard or read with a team executive having to deal with the Postons, the exec. sounds completely frustrated and at the end of their rope. Why would any team (or player for that matter) want to deal with that?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I can not believe these guys. What really gets me, why do players continue to ask them to be there agents??
    Wasn't there a report done showing that the Poston clients are the cellar dwellers of the Wonderlic world? So do the Postons intentionally go after the short-bus players or what?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramfaninpgh is offline Registered User

What amazes me is why these players keep signing up with these clowns. In a perverse sort of way, maybe it's a good thing that these holdouts and screwups keep happening (except in the case of Big O, of course). It's just a matter of time before the Postons implode under the weight of their own stupidity.
    :angryram: RamFanInPgh

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This was sent to the Rampagers a while back, and I thought would be appropriate given the topic...

http://footballguys.com/04bang_negotiation.htm

Be advised, don't have the kids around for this one.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel Guest

While i agree the postons are indeed bad news, what constantly amazes me is the size of the egos on some of the atheletes who are arrogant, conceeded and stupid enough to actually believe that the postons have their best interests at heart.
    Before signing up with the postons, every athelete should watch the movie entitled "The Ian Gold Story" and see how much they put at risk when they get hurt after turning down very substantial money that would secure the future for themselves and their families.

If julian peterson thinks he is worth what ray lewis is worth, he is smoking from the same huka pipe as the postons themselves.

In the immortal words of branch rickey, as it pertains to peterson and the whiners, "We can finish last with you or last without you!"

ramming speed to all

general counsel