RamWraith is offline Registered User

Proehl hoping for one final call

NFL | Proehl hoping for one final call
    Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:53:58 -0700

Ed Hardin, of the News-Record, reports free agent WR Ricky Proehl (Panthers) doesn't want his NFL football career to end, but he knows it's going to end, and possibly soon. Proehl will wait by the phone at his home in Greensboro this week for a job offer, and it won't be from the Carolina Panthers and it won't be as an NFL wide receiver. "I might just walk away," he said Monday, July 3. After three years with the Panthers, Proehl was hopeful for a fourth. "It's frustrating," Proehl said. "I was ready to play. I was going to play." He thought the Panthers wanted him. Proehl says he was told as much. If somebody gets hurt or if WR Keyshawn Johnson turns out to be a bad fit, the Panthers might call him. Proehl said he might not be waiting by then. He hopes to be working in television or radio, possibly working for an NFL team. It's what he planned to do all along once his playing career ended. Proehl said he will probably know something in the coming week. Proehl did say he has been contacted by several NFL teams

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Proehl hoping for one final call

He could get a call from Falcons cause they need someone that can get open and catch the ball besides Crumpler. and Proehl could teach their young WR
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-10-2006 at 06:44 PM.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: Proehl hoping for one final call

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    He could get a call from Falcons cause they need someone that can get open and catch the ball besides Crumpler. and Proehl could teach their young WR
    I don't think Proehl would really have anything to teach other than how to be a #2 wide reciever, he was never explosive.