majorram is offline Registered User

A question about the cap!!

I keep hearing about this un capped year.. what does this mean?? and why are they having it???? cheers guys

steve :ramlogo:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: A question about the cap!!

Quote Originally Posted by majorram
    I keep hearing about this un capped year.. what does this mean?? and why are they having it???? cheers guys

steve :ramlogo:
    I have heard nothing about it,but it would be a great stroke for the return to Capitalism.Hey Maj.If I vote you most want to have a beer with,there is a condition and that is "the beer has to be at least 35 degrees.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -02-02-2006 at 10:13 PM.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

general counsel Guest

I cant explain all the details, but it pertains to the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement and how that affects the cap.

I view it HIGHLY unlikely that the owners will allow the situation to reach that point, since it would create havoc and undue years of the owners using the cap to assert control over the salary structure. If the owners allowed an uncapped year by taking too hard a line at the collective bargaining negotiations, it could be a pandoras box for them. How do you put humpty dumpty back together again.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Probably the most sensitive issue on the table as owners and players attempt to extend the existing collective bargaining agreement, is the considerable amount of money that the NFL teams make off memorabilia and other concessions. The NFLPA would like to lay claim to a percentage of these revenues; (their argument being that it is the players who drive up the value of these items). The owners apparently do not share that view. I agree wholeheartedly with GC that it is in the interests of both parties to reach an agreement before the existing agreement expires. The analogy of "trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again", hits the nail on the head.