PantherMafia is offline Registered User

Unhappy Question from a Panther

Hey guys whats up? I gotta admit you guys are really starting to look like a deep playoff cotender!

congrats on witherspoon he is a great player and guy, and one of the best covering linebackers in the nfl, i dont know how he will fair at mlb, but he will give him his best.

what is your opinion on lewis? from what i get he is a big dissapointment and runs on a low motor. As of right now we will put him at backup. does he have any hope or potenial to be a good starter or is it to late? was any of it from the scheme and rams coaching?

sorry for the long post

any feedback would be great! Good luck this season and please......

BEAT THE DAMN SEAHAWKS!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Re: Question from a Panther

Lewis as far as I'm concern is still a big ?

He has the tools but injuries and mental obstacles have kept him from reaching his true potential.

Maybe a new environment and coaching will bring out the best in Lewis.

We never saw it......

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Welcome to ClanRam sir! JW do you have any highlight videos of Witherspoon and do you think that he will drop off in St. Louis like our recent signings or can he become a great pro bowl LB?

Damione Lewis its hard to say. If he had a good Dline coach like you guys have he could have been been great. But if you guys can work your magic he will be a dominat guy. He is a massive dude.

Thanks man we will. Don't worry. Good Luck next season man!
    RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

d. lewis is better fit for a 1 gap system where he's allowed to penetrate and wreck havoc...however, we never saw him wreck anything, except an opponents groin last season...

he has poor separation ability...once an opponent lineman gets their hands on his pad he's done as far as penetration and pass rush is involved...

that's not to say he is a lost cause...maybe your coaches can light a fire under his arse...

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PantherMafia
    Hey guys whats up? I gotta admit you guys are really starting to look like a deep playoff cotender!

congrats on witherspoon he is a great player and guy, and one of the best covering linebackers in the nfl, i dont know how he will fair at mlb, but he will give him his best.

what is your opinion on lewis? from what i get he is a big dissapointment and runs on a low motor. As of right now we will put him at backup. does he have any hope or potenial to be a good starter or is it to late? was any of it from the scheme and rams coaching?

sorry for the long post

BEAT THE DAMN SEAHAWKS!
    Chronic under-achiever. Takes up blockers, but doesn't(can't) clear or shed for second-tier penetration.
    Good luck with him.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Welcome to our board Panthermafia.

Ya'll have a pretty good team up there in Carolina.

Thank you very much for taking Lewis off our hands. We owe you one.

Hopefully you're only paying him a couple hundred thousand, and saving your money for good players, so's he doesn't hurt your team too much.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Thanks for joining us on the board. stop back more often, we like fans from other teams. Any chance you want to trade julius peppers?

All kidding aside, lewis is a below average starter (well below average) but not bad for depth. I think you over paid for him, but there is still some upside.

Rams nation basically hates the guy, me included, since he was a bust of biblical magnitude as a function of our expectations. He was the #12 pick in the draft and we traded trent green to get him. It was lovie smiths pick. he was supposed to be our warren sapp. He was about as close to being warren sapp as archuleta was to being john lynch. Lewis was injured from the beginning and he never rounded into top form. None of that background is relevant to how he plays from this point forward, but it might help you in evaluating views from rams fans, all of whom have a bad taste in their mouth on lewis. We passed on marcus stroud to take him.

Ramming speed to you and yours

general counsel

PantherMafia is offline Registered User

Lets see .... you give me Torry Holt and I will think about it.

maybe

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I think you've got a guy who was an underachiever but did show some flashes. Playing beside Julius Peppers and the rest of that great Panther's D-Line could help him show up some more though.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to the CLAN, Panther! :clanram: Thanks for you fair question.

As noted already, Lewis simply never did make the grade with us Rams. Injuries were not always the reason, either. Lack of motivation and/or effort?

Sometimes a player 'awakens ... shines' when traded to a different team. This DT is going to need a really big alarm clock and plenty of orange juice. But again, perhaps the Panthers will growl loud enough in his ear and bite some fat off too.

Thanks for the Spoon. Best wishes to you and your team for 2006.

[GC: I just saw your "...as Archuleta was to being John Lynch" analogy that I coincidentally used in the 'Arch contract' thread. Heh, heh.]

Sanantonioram is offline Registered User

Question Re: Question from a Panther

sorry for the long post

BEAT THE DAMN SEAHAWKS!
    All Ram fans have been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for Lewis to do something since the day we made him a #1 pick. We are still waiting and now you guys can wait.:bored:

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Ok, we'll keep Holt, and you keep Peppers....

Damione Lewis is young and could still improve and be the player we thought we were getting. Not sure why he never lived up to his potential.

Douggy is offline Registered User

Speaking of the Panthers overpaying for a Rams player, didn't they offer Manumaleuna something like 3 years/$9 a couple of years ago, but we matched it? Can someone clarify this?

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

I'd enjoy Mike Rucker and maybe Minter if perhaps you guys wouldn't want?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Lets see .... you give me Torry Holt and I will think about it.

maybe
    Torry Holt? The crap??? You already got Keyshawn and Steve Smith! What the hell kinda crazy offense you guys wanna run over there?