Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.

Question Questions about the NFC Wildcard Race!!

I'm a member of another board and they're having a contest to see if you can guess who will win the AFC East, West, Central, and the NFC East, West, and Central. Also who will win the Wildcards slots, the AFC and NFC Championships and then the Superbowl. I think I have my choices, but I'm stuck on the NFC Wildcard slots. Any advice or opinions on all my choices are welcome. Here's what I got so far.

AFC East-Broncos Central-Titans West-Miami

Wildcards: Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens

NFC East-Philadelphia(I'll know for sure of my choice after tomorrow)
    Central-Minnesota Vikings
    West-St. Louis

The teams I feel that have the best chance of a Wildcard are Green Bay, New Orleans, New York Giants, Tampa Bay, and the New York Jets. I have until the first day of the season to have my choices made. Thank you for your time.

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

you have the Bucks a s a wild card ???? and the Vikings to win their division ????

Well THAT opened my eyes

Oh, I just have to comment on your signature .... I have bit my lip long enough

Ti - Tan = A Thailand native in a Solarium Bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahahzahahaahhahahahahahaha

:cool:

Originally posted by RamDez
    Oh, I just have to comment on your signature .... I have bit my lip long enough

Ti - Tan = A Thailand native in a Solarium Bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahahzahahaahhahahahahahaha

:cool:

Auh....that's the sounding of it out in the dictionary listing. An exact quote of the defination.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

I know I Know, just pulling yer leg mate

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs up All rite!

Shaking my head and laughing out loud!... That's a good one! Ha-ha-ha! Jeh-jeh-jeh! Yeah!

GO RAMS!!!

you have the Bucks a s a wild card ???? and the Vikings to win their division ????

Well THAT opened my eyes

I don't know. I got this deep down gut feeling. Call it instinct. There's something about the Edwards and the Jets. And I just don't see the Bucs making it this year. I wanted to know if anyone else felt something.

{Vince Lombardi}

I think the Bucks have made some good moves as well and would find it hard to discount them down to a wild card.

Then again, mabe the loss of a coach and some of their players on D might make it swing the other way ??

I have given it a great deal of thought, and this will most likely be my final choices...

AFC Wildcards-Indi, Oakland, and Balt

NFC Wildcards-New orleans, Giants, and Tampa Bay. (Maybe Green Bay, depending on the play of their next preseason game)

{Vince Lombardi}

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    With brooks at the helm we'll see some sophomore problems in him. They may do well anyway, but brooks won't be as good as everyone thinks. Tampa Bay's problem was offense and they've addressed that so look for them to win their division. The Colts had a crappy defense for the offense, and although they have added some players, they're mostly 1st and 2nd year guys. That once tough division is now weak, but i'll say that Indy can maybe pull it out. The Jets will still suck, but i'm hoping for fantasy football sake Vinny will do good....my thoughts
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Everyone is making a big deal out of the addition of Brad Johnson to Tampa's roster, but he never impressed me much. And last year, he didn't do squat. Everyone is increasing their defenses. That's why I think Brad will fail to help Tampa much.

Again, it will be their defense that runs the show most and many teams are increasing their offense as well. If the Packers have even an above average season this year, I'm looking for Tampa to be a wildcard. If Favre stays healthy, Tampa might not make the playoffs. I see the Eagles and the Giants doing well, so that means Tampa has to step up this year, or there IS no year.
    Last edited by Atlas; -08-22-2001 at 07:33 PM.

{Vince Lombardi}

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Green Bay last year was one of the best teams playing at the end of the year. I still think good things will come from them. Look for them as either a wildcard or possibly a division winner.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Smile On the bay of Tampa...

Hmmm, I'll have to say... I agree with Atlas on this one, on Tampa Bay. Very strong defense, great coach. End of story.

I really don't think BradJ will improve their offense enough to make a difference towards the games of December. Their winning play will probably be sporadic at best. Thanks Bucs, however, for Lovie and Ahanotu!