Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Racism NFL

rammiser is online now Registered User

Re: Racism in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    White wash!

Who is the racist here the commisioner,Bellichek or the owner of the Patriots???

Just Fix It

BigGameMN Guest

Saying this issue is about racism is THE stupidest thing I have every heard. If anything it's about having the right friends (Kraft & Goodell). And you really need to stop calling people racists without proof, it weakens any argument you will ever make in the future.

Oh and here's a newsflash, Vick brutally tortured and murdered dogs. But that's ok with you because it happened off the field? Lemme tell you buddy, if I was found to be torturing and murdering dogs I would be fired, end of discussion. Of course I wouldn't do that because I'm not sick in the head.

And a little piece of advice, you would be taken more seriously if you presented your "case" (and I do use that term very loosely) in a calm manner and did away with the curse words.

helorm341 Guest

posted nfl talk messageboard:

Yeah I'm willing to come forward and play the race card. This is BULL and I don't care if I get banned from any message board. Belish*t got away with it BIG TIME!!!

How is it that if any player gets caught in misconduct he automatically gets suspended with no pay!!! Michael Vick never challenged the integrity of the game! Yet look what happened to him. NON-FIELD RELATED!!! NON-FIELD RELATED!!!

Michael Vick came forward and apologized. This piece of Belis*it just keeps talking about the next game. HE SHOULDN"T BE TALKING NEXT GAME!!! He should have got fired!!!

There is NO REMORSE, NO NOTHING!!!. The NFL needs to make an example of anyone who chooses to undermine the integrity of the game!!! No matter what his skin color!!!

I'm sick and tired of anyone who breaks the rules and gets a small smack on the hand, Michael Vick should play after his penalty to the Gov'ment is paid. Michael Vick should play again!!!

Steroids, cheating, same old Cr*p. Please lets not brush this aside. If this had been Terrel Owens what have the league done with him????????

I HATE THIS BIG TIME!!! I am disgusted and ashamed of this league!!!!!!! Belish*t should be fired he violated the rules and claims... "Oh well I didn't know. My interpretation of the rules was wrong, but please let's put it behind us let's talk about the Chargers," NO LETS NOT, LETS TALK ABOUT CHEATING YOU B*CH.

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break. Killing dogs is worse in my book then cheating. I'd rather have the pats doing what they did all year then have Vick running loose for another year killing hundreds more dogs.

How did Bellicheck get away with it? He got the biggest fine ever to a head coach. And losing either a first rounder, or a second and third could be devastating to a team. THink about how pissed we would be if we lost either of those next year. The organization also got a fine.

It's hard to probably pinpoint blame on BB. THis was a guy was Patriots credentials on the sidelines, but I doubt he had evidence of being sent by BB, obviously he was with the team but it would be hard to tell who ordered it unless the guy ratted the team out, which I doubt happened if he still wants to get a paycheck.

Goodell did make an example of the Patriots, this wasn't swept under the rug. I think this so-called example of racism in the NFL is totally and completely unfounded and ridiculous

helorm341 Guest

How could this not be racism, steroids isn't against the law, but against NFL rules. You can buy performance enhancing drugs legally. Jigga made a good point about breaking laws and rules, but Belis*it crossed that line about breaking the rules and NFL didn't follow up. 500,000 dollers isn't anything to him or the Ratsys nor is any first round draft pick. THEY ARE BEATING THE SYSTEM something any brother of color can't do.

Belish*t is non-remorseful and the league isn't doing anything to punish him. THIS MAKES ME SICK and I don't care what anyone says, Terrel couldn't get away with this with at least a suspension. Yes racist claims are sensitive, but you can't deny that the punishment wouldn't be equal had Dennis Green done this!!!

Depends on what the performance enhancer is. Buying and possessing any testosterone based or HGH steroid is highly illegal in the USA, it's a schedule A drug. 500k might not hit him that hard, but the draft picks do hurt the organization A LOT. Why in the hell are you talking about Owens doing this, that's a horrible example, let me help out here, if Lovie Smith did this, what do you think would have been done? You can't fine a guy a whole years salary or something stupid like that. Coaches make like 3 million a year and 500k in the equivalent of 3 or 4 games to them.

You should go join the NAACP and back useless pieces of trash like Vick just because of the color of their skin. I'd hate a white, asain, hispanic or middle easterner who was killing dogs and you love the guy because he's black. You yourself are racist in your own way wanting to give preference to black people.

Oh, and just so you know. Vick really didn't get screwed by the NFL. He made this mess himself. His dog murdering actives were made light by the LOCAL SHERRIF'S OFFICE. He's getting prosecuted by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and the NFL has nothing to do with his trail or are they in any way linked with the investigation that happened.

Vick did come out and apologized, after he lied to Goddel, the owner of the Falcons and the fans in many public radio/tv appearances saying that he was not guilty and the "truth" would come to light. Well, the truth certainly did come to light and the only reason he apologized was to weasel his way out of some of the blame. He even said he had found God in his little address that was obviously formed by his lawyers.

Let me ask you a few direct questions. What do you think should have happened to the Patriots/Billicheck? What do you think should have happened to Vick? What do you think would happen to a black coach in Billicheck's position?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It seems to me that it's very hard to make a case for whether the NFL is treating people differently when we have so few cases to compare to. NFL coaches hardly ever get punished by the league.

You say,
    "Yes racist claims are sensitive, but you can't deny that the punishment wouldn't be equal had Dennis Green done this!!!"
    Well, why wouldn't it be equal? Is there any reason to think that Dennis Green has been discriminated against? Has any black coach been caught cheating and received a heftier punishment? I can't even think of the last time a coach was punished for cheating. So it's awfully hard to say what Goodell would have done if it was a black man.

And I suspect part of the reason the commissioner came down so hard on Vick was because there was so much pressure on him to make an example out of Vick. There were PETA protests, and it was all over the media. As some of us have discussed here, a lot of the media types aren't making a big deal of this--not because it's a white guy, but because it's the media darling Patriots. And there certainly haven't been protests at stadiums.

jec1521 is offline Registered User

I think it has to do with the difference of coach and player, and the level of their actions. Dog fighting is against the law. If Mark Bulger was convicted of dog fighting, the same exact thing would happen to him.

theodus69 Guest

According to the REV. Al Sharpten.. And get this, If Bret Favre was caugt with Dolphins in his pool w/swords on there fins fighting, he would get off scott free. I love the BS that comes out of that mouth! As for Vick, Stupid people get what they deserve. And if he isn't stupid , he is the dumbest SOB on the planet!! Belichik needs to be suspended ,I think and maybe stripped of their SB rings and all that good stuff,But the racism thing.......hmmmm. I don't buy it. The league has to hire coaches,qualified or not, to fill a vacancy of minority coaches. If a coach fits the criteria then great, having to hire him because he is a minority gets under my skin. That sounds more racism then this issue. Cheating deserves punishment, don't feel the punishment was stiff enough, but who who the hell cares? as for Lovie & Dungy, Well they are 2 very respected men whom I feel are in the elite of coaches and so they are black, I don't give a rats ass, they are great coaches!!!!!!Don't start me on Racism, especially when your talking out of your ASS!!!!!!!!!!

Sweets Guest

While I don't agree wholeheartedly with LA Jammer, I do think that Belichick should have at the very least been suspended for a few games. They get 2 draft picks next year so giving one back isn't going to hurt them.

As far as the racism card, I don't believe it is racism. Gene Upshaw holds a very high ranking job, although it's only my opinion that he does his job badly and doesn't really work for the players, he's too busy with his nose up someones piehole to be effective. The only suspension or lack of that did send a signal of perhaps racism in my mind was the Chiefs player Jared Allen, the article below brings to my mind at least, racism. Let's see what you all think.

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen was suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Oh wait, make that two games. First, here’s what the report of Allen’s suspension looks like in USA Today as of 9:30 a.m. today. Got it? Pretty informative, eh? Now, here’s what it looks like on the Sports Network and in the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs home newspaper:
    Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen was suspended without pay for the first two games of the 2007 season for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.
    Allen’s suspension will start September 1 and he will be eligible to return to Kansas City’s active roster on September 17. Despite his suspension, Allen is allowed to participate in all preseason practices and games with the Chiefs.
    The IdahoState product posted 77 tackles and 7 1/2 sacks last season.
    Meanwhile, here’s what the Star’s report on Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers looks like. Again, this is sourced from Sports Network:
    Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers was arrested in Charlotte, North Carolina early Saturday and charged with driving while impaired, a Miami newspaper reported.
    The Miami Herald reported on its website Saturday that Chambers, the Dolphins’ top receiver, was arrested at 2:31 a.m. in Charlotte and released on a $1,750 bond.
    This continues a less-than-stellar offseason for Dolphins players, as Chambers is the third Miami player to be arrested since the end of last season.

The cases of Jared Allen and Chris Chambers serve to illustrate that when it comes to Allen at least, there are no mysterious leaks forthcoming from the NFL League office. It also illustrates is that it appears to be increasingly dangerous to be a young, black professional athlete; dangerous to visit bars and nightclubs, and to drive or ride in automobiles.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 at 6:29 pm and is filed under Roger Goodell, sports writers, sports and ethics, Jared Allen, Chris Chambers, Sports Media Ethics, racial double standards, racial bias, race, Miami Dolphins, Racism, Sports Media, Kansas City Chiefs, NFL.

Source: Click here to read whole article

jkramsfan Guest

Re: Racism NFL

I'm sorry not one of my better moments, but I am frustrated.
    no need to be sorry, I think alot of people feel the way you do, why does this idiot basically get a free pass ? sure the fine is hefty,but the guy makes over 4 million a year,he should have been suspended like any player would have been for breaking the rules,I am not ready to play the race card just yet,but I do think the Commish has some explaining to do.

BigGameMN Guest

Oh and just to further debunk your racism claim, what about Wade Wilson?? There is a white man who got 5 games for HGH even though he isn't a player and has a medical condition! I suppose you just happened to forget about that one huh?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm curious......which is worse for this nation? The problem of racism, or minimizing the problem of racism by attaching the title to situations that obviously aren't?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm curious......which is worse for this nation? The problem of racism, or minimizing the problem of racism by attaching the title to situations that obviously aren't?
    Great point HUb. Way too often the charge of racism is flippantly thrown at a situation to see if it will stick, regardless if it's warranted or not, making it much more difficult for legitimate claims to be taken seriously.

Truth is offline Registered User

While I can't discount the "Race Card" completely, it's more likely that it had to do with, A) Punishing a whole team, not just an individual. B) The Patriots bring in a lot of revenue to the NFL and them losing doesn't help sell jerseys, seats, or other paraphenalia.

For one, I think Bellichek should have been suspended for at least 4 games.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    did away with the curse words.
    Easy, opinions are opinions don't make enemies. My vent was out at the moment and how I feel is my opinion. My opinion doesn't change by the threatening remarks you or others make. Lets just end this one at that.

Good points were also made about who you know and Belicheat obviously has connections, the rest is damage control.

Cases can be cited back and forth and that will come to nothing so before we get to that lets just end it right here and close this one once and for all, at nothing.

Peace.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Tony Soprano Guest

Michael Vick broke Federal Laws. FEDERAL LAWS - Did Belichick?

Has any one individual ever been hit with a higher fine than Belichick?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast