bruce4life is offline Registered User

raiders need o-lineman

i'm tired of all these analysts saying the raiders need a wr even if calving johnson is the best prospect in the draft... they have moss. gabriel, ronald curry, and jerry porter that is enough... they need o-lineman to be competitive... the raiders should trade down and select joe thomas plain and simple...

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK

keith m. klink Guest

Re: raiders need o-lineman

good call, but davis had no time to meet with johnson during his visit , it was reported that davis spent little of his precios time on him, which leads me to believe , russell is the pick , and if that is the case , then the raiders will sign him before draft day, if they don't , who know's what davis is up to.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    i'm tired of all these analysts saying the raiders need a wr even if calving johnson is the best prospect in the draft... they have moss. gabriel, ronald curry, and jerry porter that is enough... they need o-lineman to be competitive... the raiders should trade down and select joe thomas plain and simple...

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK
    While I agree that the Raiders need OL's more than they need another WR, there's not much in a single draft that will make this team a contender. They are that bad. Who's going to get the ball to those WR's? ...and that's IF the WR's come to camp this year and don't piss and moan like they did last year. This organization is a disaster. ...and I love it.

I'm expecting Al to screw this draft up. much like he has the last few years.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

no no no, the raiders need a QB, Running Back, TE, all 5 olineman positions, all new coaches, and for al davis to die
    Built RAM tough

Raze Guest

The Raiders board and coaches have pretty much confirmed they're either going for Jamarcus or Quinn

Russel I think would be the better pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    The Raiders board and coaches have pretty much confirmed they're either going for Jamarcus or Quinn

Russel I think would be the better pick!
    I agree that Russell would be the better pick of the two QB's, only because he can run better, and any Raider QB will be runnin' for his life next year!!

I also hear that the Faders are shopping both Moss and Porter which I think is a move they have to make. They need to clean house. All "attitudes must go" sale!

Keenum is offline Registered User

That is what I said about the Texans last year. People called them stupid for not taking Reggie Bush, but I said even Bush would struggle with a horrible O-line (unless they played the Colts- see Ron Dayne). Of course now, the Texans look foolish for passing on Young and Bush, but they did draft Williams to COMPETE WITH THE COLTS. Well, this was the first time they beat them... perhaps they are not as foolish as we thought?

bruce4life is offline Registered User

very true, its not good in the fans perspective to draft a player only based on need but its whats good for a team

If I'm the Faders, this is a no-brainer...

Never in the history of th NFL has a #1 pick single-handedly turned a franchise around. Never. This franchise is a disaster, plan and simple. They need quality players, and lots of them.

What is so wonderful about having the #1 pick?

IF they draft Russell, which I think will turn out to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history, they'll have to pay him a fortune, and he'll probably be late getting into camp because of contract issues, and he'll get a late jump and never catch up this year, soooooooo, he'll be pretty useless for at least a year, even though they'll be paying thorugh the nose for him. Why not trade the #1 for several lower picks? Why not get some young people that can block and tackle and will be around for several years together? THAT's how you build a team.

...and about Russell. Why is everybody so high on this guy? "He's huge and has great arm strength", is about all I hear and read. SO WHAT! Look at the top QB's today. Manning, Brady, Bulger. Not one of them is huge with great arm strength. But they do have one thing in common, and what all great QB's have... the ability to read a defense, a certain "calmness" about them, and the accuracy to get the ball to the open receiver. They know how to read defenses, they know how to find the right guy to throw to. They don't win games by tossing an 80 yard pass. Neither will Russell. Trust me, if Al and his group of fools take Russell, they'll soon regret it. But as you can tell from my screen name, I'm hoping they do. Don't let me down Al.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    no no no, the raiders need a QB, Running Back, TE, all 5 olineman positions, all new coaches, and for al davis to die
    Right on. I was going to say the title of this thread should read.

Raiders need New Owner & lineman

At least...........:x