Falconator Guest

Rams Upcoming Opponent: Playoff Bound Atlanta Falcons Baby!!

My Atlanta Falcons are going to the playoffs! Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus!

Hopefully you guys can turn around your team in short order as well. Here is your recipe:

1) Hire Scott Pioli and pay him whatever it takes (the "Patriot Way" worked wonders in the A-T-L with Thomas Dimitroff)

2) Hire a great coach (Spagnuolo, Schwartz or maybe Josh Johnson the OC of the Pats.

3) Sign free agent QB Matt Cassel to come in an anchor the offense.

4) Draft an offensive lineman....

Watch the turnaround and

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Upcoming Opponent: Playoff Bound Atlanta Falcons Baby!!

congrats on the playoffs, you guys sure have had quite a turnaround with all the problems this organization went through. I don't think anyone thought it would happen this quick, good luck in the playoffs and rest all your starters this coming Sunday,Thanks

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Thank you for the encouragement. You could help us out by beating us this weekend which would give us the #2 instead of #3 pick. Go Falcons.

I really like seeing them have a great year without Vick as well. He was all about Vick IMO and this just underscores his lack of importance to the franchise.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-21-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Thank you for the encouragement. You could help us out by beating us this weekend which would give us the #2 instead of #3 pick. Go Falcons.

I really like seeing them have a great year without Vick as well. He was all about Vick IMO and this just underscores his lack of importance to the franchise.

thanks guys for the congrats........I really like overseeing reclamation projects and that is why I think I like this board. Its fun seeing a team start from the bottom and build up........

St. Louis is in a position to do it in 2009 just like the Falcons did in 2008. We made good hires, good free agent signings, good draft, and had some luck as well. You need it all. Three teams did it this year "outhouse to penthouse (Atlanta, Baltimore, Miami).....If you count the Jets, that is four teams that drafted in the top 10 that either are in the playoffs or are now on the brink of the playoffs.

And yes, I was a Michael Vick fan but I knew he was flawed before the dog-fighting fiasco - however, the more we found out, the worse it got. Glad he's gone now - hope he turns his life around but he's got no one to blame but himself - dumb with his selection of friends, dumb with his selection of hobbies/entertainment, dumb with his money (he's bankrupt!), he was lazy and not a hard worker on the Falcons......

Now the Falcons have their own version of Manning/Brady.....He's not there yet but he could possibly get to that level - I think he will.....we shall see......

Oh, and we will try and help you guys the best we can to secure that #2 overall pick......

BTW, if Panthers lose tonite to the G-Men and on the road next week at New Orleans and we somehow figure out a way to beat the Rams, then the Falcons win the division and get a first round bye - how sweet would that be?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Congrats! hopefully we see each other in the post season next year.

PS - Pass on Cassel. He wants a huge contract.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

hey falconator.
    can i just ask why are you in this forum??

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    hey falconator.
    can i just ask why are you in this forum??
    He came aboard for the draft and has been contributing ever since. We don't always share views, but it's welcome contribution, nonetheless.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    He came aboard for the draft and has been contributing ever since. We don't always share views, but it's welcome contribution, nonetheless.
    Bar-bq is exactly right.......I was trolling around for about one month before the draft trying to find out the "feeling" of Rams Nation for who the Rams would take at #2 overall.....at the time, I wanted Glen Dorsey (boy was I wrong!!!!) and was worried that you guys would take him over Chris Long.

I liked the forum and the guys on the board - so I stayed.....Obviously I am a Falcons fan, but - because of this board - would like to see the Rams turn it around - after week #17 of course.

Besides being a Falcons fan, I just like "the strategy" of seeing a team get totally blown up and put back together - I was actually encouraged when Falcons let go of Warrick Dunn, Alge Crumpler and Rod Coleman last year because I knew that they had a new direction and the new GM actually had "a plan".

I look foward to seeing how a new direction and plan work out for the Saints. If its OK with you guys, I will stick around and see what happens. Of course I will talk about my Falcons in about 25% of my posts - but I will mostly talk about the Rams and give my opinions (for what its worth - probably less than 2 cents) about how I think the Rams can turn it around.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

yeah no worries, i meant nothing bad about it.
    just curious is all.
    i assume you hit up the falcons forums too, you can understand our lack of atl excitement here.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    My Atlanta Falcons are going to the playoffs! Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus!

Hopefully you guys can turn around your team in short order as well. Here is your recipe:

1) Hire Scott Pioli and pay him whatever it takes (the "Patriot Way" worked wonders in the A-T-L with Thomas Dimitroff)

2) Hire a great coach (Spagnuolo, Schwartz or maybe Josh Johnson the OC of the Pats.

3) Sign free agent QB Matt Cassel to come in an anchor the offense.

4) Draft an offensive lineman....

Watch the turnaround and

Can we start this week?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!