throwback week

View Poll Results: Who Is The Rams Biggest Rival?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco *****

19 45.24%
  • Arizona Cardinals

1 2.38%
  • Seattle Seahawks

22 52.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigDaddyPace Guest

Rams Vs. Seahawks...The Most Entertaining Rivalry in the NFL

While there are many other more historic rivalries in the NFL (Chefs v. Donks, Whiners v. Cowgirls, Cubs vs. Pack ect.) for the past 5 years, no other series has given us the multitude of classic games that the Rams and Seahawks have given us. While the rivalry is young, fans of each franchise circle the dates on thier calenders, knowing that it will be a hard hitting, high flying affair. Here is the evidence:

Rams v. Seahawks, Rams Win, 37-20

The love affair begins with an inexperienced Marc Bulger showing his brilliance and eluding to the headaches he will eventually give the Squawks for years to come.

Rams @ Seahawks, Seahawks Win, 10-30

Rams @ Seahawks, Seahawks Win, 23-24

The day I officailly start to hate the Squaks. 4th Qrtr., 3rd and long inside the Hawks 20, Bulger throws a pass for a 1st down and the play is called back on a odviuosly bogus holding penalty. Rams get stopped on the next play and loose the game by a point. The 1st of many future dogfights between the teams.

Rams v. Seahawks, Rams Win, 27-22

Rams @ Seahawks, Rams Win, 33-27

One the most memorable games in Rams history. After being down 17 points in the 4th Quarter, Marc Bulger heroicy stormed his team back to a tie, and eventually, the win in overtime with Shuan McDonald's 52 yard catch and run that stunned the home crowd. The game was the beginning of a year that will forever cement the Rams as villians in Seattle.

Rams v. Seahawks, Rams Win, 23-12

NFL Playoffs, Rams @ Seahawks, Rams Win, 27-20

If you are a Seahawks fan, you couldn't have asked for much more. The Seahawks, preseason favorites, were division champs, at home, and against the only 8-8 team to ever make the playoffs. The problem? That team was the St. Louis Rams! Rams win 27-20. Go Rams.

Rams v. Seahawks, Seahawks Win, 37-31
    Shuan McDonald negates his 2004 heroics by fumbling a punt late in the 4th Qrtr. to kill the Rams comeback chances and give the Hawks the win.

Rams @ Seahawks, Seahawks Win, 31-16
    Seahawks sweep the Rams in dominating fashion on route to an NFC Championship in a spectacular 2005 season.

Rams v. Seahawks, Seahawks Win, 28-30

Game Of The Year. After giving up a 14 point lead, Tori Holt comes up with a unbeleivable circus catch that will forever be known in St. Louis as the "Tip Drill" and gives the Rams the 1 point edge with 1:44 left on the clock. Matt Hasselbeck then drives the Hawks down into Rams territory and Josh Brown kicks the game winner with no time left. Probably the best game of the series.

Rams v. Seahawks, Seahawks Win, 22-24
    In the most controversial Rams loss of the season, Josh Brown AGAIN kicks the game winner and denies the Rams a win even after a valiant comeback effort late in the 4th. Scott Linehan comes under much fire for taking a Jeff Wilkins FG off the scoreboard after a penalty in order to pass the ball on 4th down and inches in Seahawks territory. The pass was incomplete. The Wilkins FG would have been enough to give the Rams the win.

Head to Head Record Since 2002 Realignment:
    Seahaaks Lead Series 6-4

Average Point Differential:

:l

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Vs. Seahawks...The Most Entertaining Rivalry in the NFL

Those two losses last season killed us. Without them we would have made the playoffs!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We have lost 4 in a row to the Seahawks!!!:x :x

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Despite the great games vs the Seahawks, I still say the Whiners are our biggest rivalry.

My vote= Whiners

txramsfan is offline Registered User

the whiners are the biggest rival we have, but here are some other recent rivalries that are just as important:

Pats - Colts
    Saints - Bucs
    Ravens - Bengals

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

The Seahawks have become a bigger rival to us because of the whiners demise the last number of years.Once they become a stronger opponent,then the rivalry will get more intense.It depends on who is doing the business on the field and challenging for the division which the whiners haven't done in years..:l

bruce4life is offline Registered User

all of us so cal rams fans cannot forget what the niners used to do to us at the BIG A in anaheim... the niners will always be a huge rival for us, but i would say due to the gut-wrenching, heart aching games, i would say itsthe seahawks as of right now...

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

For myself its the Hawks for sure. Alone the fact that if we had beaten them last season were in the playoffs shows how every game matters Vs them.

Large_Ant Guest

I don't know about "biggest rivalry" but there are no better games in the NFL than the Seahawks/Rams games. If you're a true football fan, you can't help but love these games regardless of who wins. Seriosly, I can't think of a game between these two teams since we entered the NFC West that wasn't an absolute nail biter.

If you love a good shootout, there's nothing better than Rams/Seahawks.

RamOfDenmark Guest

For historic reasons you could say Whiners. But I voted based on right now this season, so I voted Seahawks. The rest of the West looks to be improving quickly too though, both the Whiners and Cards are making almost all the right moves I think. 2007 could be wide open.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    For historic reasons you could say Whiners. But I voted based on right now this season, so I voted Seahawks. The rest of the West looks to be improving quickly too though, both the Whiners and Cards are making almost all the right moves I think. 2007 could be wide open.
    Indeed, the NFC West IS the new powerhouse of the NFL as of right now. I think for me personally I'd have to say Seahawks because I've been very into football for the past 3 years, and growing into a football guru ( which I am today) over the past 3 years, I've grown to see that the seahawks have always been the ones to try and diminish the Rams and I grew up around seeing Matt Hasselbald talking smack left and right and seeing the Walrus flap his whatever you want to call 'ems and it seems like everytime we beat them it brightens up my day; everytime we lose to them, I am torn. I never really just flat out despised another team as much as the Seahawks. The whiners and tards annoy me as well, but I don't think of football and think, wow I really can't stand one player or coach on that team. There is just something about the seahawks that really irritates me, and for that...it makes it all the more enjoyable when we beat them. Unfortunately, we haven't done that in 2 years in a row...I guess its just one of those things, when you first see your team lose to your rival when you're first getting into football, you forever have it engrained in your skull that your team the RAMS MUST beat the Seahawks!!!

......LETS GO RAMS IN 07!!
    Last edited by Varg6; -03-09-2007 at 12:03 AM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

JRoc Guest

Historically I would have said the ***** but over the past few years Rams-Seahawks has been the big one in the NFC West.

As far as 'most entertaining' goes I think it just might be. It's difficult to think of any other rivalry that has consistantly produced such exciting games.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Whiners hand down. No other team has had our number over the years more than them. Even though they have sucked the last 2 years they still stole 3 of 4 from us.

There is no team that hates us more than them and no team we hate more than the whiners.

Rivalries are built over decades not overnight. The Seachickens may give us close games, but the bitter rivalry is just not there yet.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -01-09-2009 at 01:50 PM.

AlphaRam Guest

Many rivalries come and go - fad rivalries. We will see if the Shehawks are a fad rivalry, or one that endures. We had a fad rivalry with Tampon Bay from 1999 - 2002. It died off after that.

However, the Rams versus the SF Pus-maggots is a hating tradition dating back to the 50's. The largest crowd to ever see an NFL game was when the SF Sewage-Spewers got beat in LA in 1958.

BigDaddyPace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Many rivalries come and go - fad rivalries. We will see if the Shehawks are a fad rivalry, or one that endures.
    There is no way that the Seahawks rivalry is a fad. The Buccs rivalry ended because they were never on our schedule anymore. The Squaks are in our friggin' division.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast