Legion is offline Registered User

Randy Moss To Minnesota?

Jay Glazer reported that The New England Patriots and The Minnesota Vikings are in serious talks to send Moss back to the Vikings ASSUMING Moss would sign a Contract extention with Minnesota.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss To Minnesota?

The only thing I think would stop Moss would be the uncertainty with the quarterback position.

Favre I don't think will be asked back next year so who would be throwing to him. Not that big of a concern for a young up and coming receiver but Moss I'm sure isn't looking for any growing pains.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I like that, I'll regain every respect I've had for the guy since he joined the Cheatriots.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Report: Randy Moss on trade block?
    ESPN.com news services
    Updated: October 5, 2010, 9:29 PM ET

The New England Patriots are in talks to trade wide receiver Randy Moss to the Minnesota Vikings, FoxSports.com reported on Tuesday, citing unnamed sources.

The deal is being held up because Moss would have to sign an extension with the Vikings, according to the report. Contract talks have not even begun, a league source told Profootballtalk.com Tuesday night.

A player source confirmed to ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen that the teams are talking and are trying to get a deal done.

"I don't know if there have been any discussions, but I can confirm that we haven't traded Randy Moss," Patriots vice president of media relations Stacey James told ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss.

The seven-time Pro Bowl receiver is in the final year of his four-year deal with New England and has voiced his displeasure at his limbo status.

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted," Moss said before the season began on Sept. 6. "I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down."

A few days later he apologized for the timing of his comments and said he loves playing in New England.

But the Boston Herald, citing an unnamed source, reported on Tuesday that Moss wanted out of New England after a Week 1 win on Sept. 12, telling his agent to ask the Patriots to trade him.

Although the Patriots crushed the Dolphins on Monday night, Moss did not have a catch -- the first time that's happened for him in a New England uniform. The FoxSports.com report did not specify what the Patriots would get for giving up their primary deep threat.

Moss, 33, started his career with the Vikings after being taken in the first round of the 1998 draft. He led the league in touchdown receptions three times for Minnesota before heading to Oakland in 2005.

The Vikings have been looking for help at receiver for quarterback Brett Favre, but they were unable to work out a deal for the Chargers' Vincent Jackson.

Moss has only nine catches for 139 yards and three TDs through four games this season. That comes after hauling in 83 passes for 1,264 yards and 13 touchdowns last season. His career year came in his first with the Pats, when he caught 98 passes for 1,493 yards and 23 TDs.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Favre's QB rating is 60.4 - lower than Alex Smith's. I guess they think Moss might help the old man out.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Favre's QB rating is 60.4 - lower than Alex Smith's. I guess they think Moss might help the old man out.
    This is the kind of move you make if you're Minnesota and are all-in on Favre's last year. Reportedly, Brett always wanted to play with Randy and worked hard to try and get Green Bay to trade for him while he was a Packer. That Vikings receiving corps needs something, and Moss won't be back next year in New England.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Dang, Moss got traded in for a 3rd round pick, he'll face the Patriots in week 8.. And to think we could've gotten him!!! Bradford to Moss, touchdown Rams!!!

AlphaRam Guest

Several interesting things about the trade.

1. Moss will not get a bye week this season.
    2. Moss will have to play 17 games this season.
    3. Moss gets to face Reevis of the Jets again Monday night.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

This is a real head scratcher. Tom Brady and the Pats don't have the almost perfect season without the combination of Brady to Moss.. Belicheck in interviews is saying that this doesn't have anything to do with any disciplinary issues with Moss. This is what is best for the New England Patriots franchise.

Yeah right! Believe me there's a lot more to this story and will come out at some point.

Just doesn't make any sense at all.....The Vikings are the big winners in this deal and I hope Moss torches the Pats when they play later this season.

GO RAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    This is a real head scratcher. Tom Brady and the Pats don't have the almost perfect season without the combination of Brady to Moss.. Belicheck in interviews is saying that this doesn't have anything to do with any disciplinary issues with Moss. This is what is best for the New England Patriots franchise.

Yeah right! Believe me there's a lot more to this story and will come out at some point.

Just doesn't make any sense at all.....The Vikings are the big winners in this deal and I hope Moss torches the Pats when they play later this season.

GO RAMS!
    Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings from before Randy Moss, and zero with him. Moss helped form one of the best teams in football in 2007, but things fell back down to Earth for the Patriots in the two years after.

Moss wasn't coming back to the team in 2011, so the Patriots decided to do what they do with many of their veterans (Deion Branch, Richard Seymour, Drew Bledsoe, etc) and get something for them while they can. This trade gives them a third round pick for a guy who is four years older than when they traded a fourth round pick for him.

Now the Patriots have two picks in each of the first three rounds of the draft. This year may be rougher without Moss, but they'll restock and rebuild.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings from before Randy Moss, and zero with him. Moss helped form one of the best teams in football in 2007, but things fell back down to Earth for the Patriots in the two years after.

Moss wasn't coming back to the team in 2011, so the Patriots decided to do what they do with many of their veterans (Deion Branch, Richard Seymour, Drew Bledsoe, etc) and get something for them while they can. This trade gives them a third round pick for a guy who is four years older than when they traded a fourth round pick for him.

Now the Patriots have two picks in each of the first three rounds of the draft. This year may be rougher without Moss, but they'll restock and rebuild.
    I totally agree. This is exactly what The Rams should have done with any number of players inc,imo, Bruce,Holt and Pace.

I think I read that this gives The Pats two picks in each of Rds 1-3 next year. That's some serious draft crop right there.