Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Randy Moss sees no offensive progress in Oakland

Full article here.

"I don't see it," Moss said, when asked if Oakland's offense is making progress. "Hell, no, I don't see it. But what we're doing as far as practice, it seems that way in practice, but when we get to the games, it doesn't seem like we're moving in the right direction."
    Aaron Brooks has never struck me as a good quarterback in this league. Every time I think of him, I think of that backwards pass to his O-linemen in New Orleans that was just one of the most idiotic things I think I've ever seen a starter do in this league.

I keep hearing from Raider fans that Andrew Walter is the future, which is one of the reasons fans thought Oakland could pass on a quarterback in this last draft. That's fine, because I like Walter well enough, but when is this future they're talking about? Most guys you draft for the future sit a year and then take over. It's only when your vet quarterback breaks out that you consider sitting them longer (ie. Phillip Rivers sitting behind Drew Brees in SD). But the Raiders have nothing at QB; you're not going to convince me Walter is leaps and bounds worse than Aaron Brooks.

I believe this preseason should be an open competition between the two of them, and give each an equal shot at the job. Walter shows amazing arm strength and good vision but sometimes makes some pretty questionable throws. Brooks on the other hand makes pretty questionable throws all the time, so what do the Raiders have to lose?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Randy Moss sees no offensive progress in Oakland

Brooks is not a starter in this league, and I'm still amazed Oakland offered him the job. Unless the economics of the situation gets in the way, Walters should be starting week 1.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

If anything, they seemed to be going backward. That is a pitiful football team right now. Players are disgruntled, a quarterback that wouldn't be a starter in the arena league, and a recycled coach that they threw out once before. Does my heart good to see da raida's go to h*ll.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Yea...Brooks is kind of scaring me, I watched the game last night, and I was in awe with how bad he was doing. I saw Moss speaking to him on the sideline, and I was actually impressed with how he wasn't flipping out. Sheeesh, I really hope Brooks just doesn't care right now, and is just playing bad because of pre-season (Which you shouldn't, but..whatever.). Hopefully for the Raiders, he gets back on track.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Brooks has what 2 completions in 2 games so far? Might as well give Walter a shot. At least then you're getting him some experience.

HoltFever is offline Registered User

brooks cant do anything throw pass start he wont impress me

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I disagree, Brooks is a very athletic QB, maybe not the brightest bulb. He has a good arm and is on a bad team. Let's not forget he played for the Aints, where did have some success despite Deuce being injured all the time.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Brooks is a serviceable QB at best. He's not a guy you can depend on to win a game and is inconsistent in his play. If he remains the starter, I think he'll be on a very tight leash and at the first sign of trouble, he'll be replaced by Walter.

The Faiders made a mistake with Brooks and I think they made one with Shell too. He didn't have control of things in his first go round, and if the lack of respect from Moss and the same old undisciplined play are any indications, Choaktown is most definitely not heading in the right direction. That's the way I like it.

Even though I hate the Raiders (see my name) and cannot stand guys like Moss (me,me,me) I have to side with Moss on this one. During the Raiders 2nd preseason game, there was an interview with Brooks, asking him about Moss and getting the ball to him. Brooks said one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I'm not quoting him ver betum, but it was something like, "I'm not looking for him (Moss) everytime I throw. If he's open, I'll get him the ball, but I'm not looking to him first and only."

WHAT? You idiot! Moss IS your first and best receiver. As much of an Ahole that he is, he's still the best talent that you have, and the best chance you have to make something positive happen! You had better seek him out first. It was like he was saying; "I'm not going out of my way to get him the ball." What a moron....

The idea is to get the ball in the hands of the best players as much as possible. Brooks doesn't get it. Never did, never will.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Randy Moss is completely off base on this one. I find that the Faider's offense is EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE....as in STINKS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I agree Nick that Brooks is wretched and past his prime. Walter has potential, but it seems like he throws the majority of his passes too high so far in the preseason. Oakland fans do see him as a potential breakout QB, but he has not impressed me thus far.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Brooks is not a starter in this league, and I'm still amazed Oakland offered him the job. Unless the economics of the situation gets in the way, Walters should be starting week 1.
    What's the Faiders motto; "Commitment to excrement".
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

So, to solve this problem, the old man in the white jump suit signs Jeff, "I had a few good seasons but failed as a first round draft pick" George.

This is a truely sad day for Faider fans.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

nfl2fun is offline Registered User

And I agre that Brooks is wretched and past his prime. Walter has potential, but it seems like he throws the majority of his passes too high so far in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    So, to solve this problem, the old man in the white jump suit signs Jeff, "I had a few good seasons but failed as a first round draft pick" George.

This is a truely sad day for Faider fans.
    Oh, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true. But what a happy day for those of us that can't stand the Silver and Bleak.

It'll get even better when the Rams beat them in the black hole. :l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast