Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Ravens QB Flacco not a fan of Wildcat formation

Joe Flacco thinks ‘Wildcat’ package makes Ravens look like ‘a high-school offense’
    By Eric Edholm 3 hours ago Shutdown Corner

Don't expect to see Joe Flacco to be too happy if the Baltimore Ravens bust out the "Wildcat" offense again on Thanksgiving against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Why? He thinks they look like turkeys doing so.

Flacco was asked about the Ravens sprinkling in some "Wildcat" last week against the New York Jets, bringing in backup Tyrod Taylor to help spark a dormant offense, and Flacco's answers were brutally honest — and pretty hilarious:

Joe Flacco on Wildcat: "I don't like that stuff. I think it makes you look like a high school offense. That's just my opinion." #Ravens
    Flacco said ravens need to get better at basics. "I'm the quarterback. I want to take the snaps."
    Flacco said that the wildcat makes the Ravens not look like an NFL team
    Flacco said he doesn't expect to see much wildcat going forward.
    More Flacco: "I don’t care where it’s used, I’m just not a big fan of it. I’m the quarterback. I want to be behind the line of scrimmage.”
    And one more on his role in wildcat. Flacco: "I’m not doing a single thing. I’m not blocking, I’m not doing anything."
    So, Joe, tell us your real feelings, please.

The guy has a point: Flanking Flacco out wide offers no value if the defense is at all prepared for Taylor's skill set and the execution of whatever play the Ravens run. Flacco is literally an offensive player the defense doesn't have to worry about, making it 10-on-11 football. The Ravens need more offensive weaponry, not less.

It's understandable the Ravens would dip their toes in that water. But if Flacco has his druthers, they'll throw that baby out with the bathwater. Like, immediately.

Haste is offline Registered User

Re: Ravens QB Flacco not a fan of Wildcat formation

It would almost be worth it to make it obvious that he will be uncovered and have him make the catch. Then the defense gets a free shot at the real qb.