Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Ravens sign Tommy Polley

-- Ravens Sign Polley --
    Sun Apr 10, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

WMAR2 reports free-agent LB Tommy Polley (Rams) has signed with eh Baltimore Ravens. There will be a news conference tomorrow to announce the signing.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: Ravens sign Tommy Polley

:tongue: lewis is gonna hurt that boy and it aint gonna be pretty.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Polley doesn't strike me as someone that would fit in to a Billick defense. Oh well, I guess we'll see.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramhard is offline Registered User

Good Signing by Them

I think that is a good signing. The issue with Polley has never been talent, it is intensity and toughness. I think Ray and the boys will definitely up his intensity, and the won't tolerate lack of toughness. He should be markedly better with them than us. This is another by-product of having a young and inexperienced LB core. I think if the Rams had someone like Fletcher (or now Coakley) on the LB core, Polley would have been much better. He is not a leader and needs a strong one(s) to push him.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

The Ravens may need to add to their depth, and he WILL look good being surrounded by a stable of STUDS with Lewis and Bilichik in his ear constantly, he can only get better.

His production this year or lack their of, should prove if Marmie is a HOAX or if TP was truly a poor piece for the RAMS D or a decent player in the wrong system.

When your LB's are hitting mean all day it can lift the play of the rest of the team on both sides of the ball as far as the men in the trenches are concerned.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

sparker is offline Registered User

Polley signs with Ravens

NEWS FLASH - April 11, 2:27 p.m.

Tommy Polley - LB
    Polley signed a one-year contract with the Ravens, who expect him to start next to Ray Lewis in the team's new 4-3 alignment.

Re: Polley signs with Ravens

Welcome aboard, Sparker.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sparker is offline Registered User

thanks....been a lurker & reader but finally decided to buck up and talk.

general counsel Guest

great to have you speaking out, jump in early and often. New names and faces are a great thing on this board.

Meanwhile, watch how much better tommy polley looks playing next to ray lewis.

general counsel

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

He will have a bullseye on his chest and footprints on his back. His side of the field will be referred to as the "passing lane".

Welcome Sparker

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Probably a good place for Polley. He'll be able to roam without anyone keying on him, and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed won't let him take plays off.

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    The Ravens may need to add to their depth, and he WILL look good being surrounded by a stable of STUDS with Lewis and Bilichik in his ear constantly, he can only get better.

His production this year or lack their of, should prove if Marmie is a HOAX or if TP was truly a poor piece for the RAMS D or a decent player in the wrong system.

When your LB's are hitting mean all day it can lift the play of the rest of the team on both sides of the ball as far as the men in the trenches are concerned.
    I think there are way to many intangibles to determine whether it was Marmie's system that didn't work the very first year he put it in with personel built for the cover 2 type of football. Give me a break...Any player that moves to a better D will perform better...Marmie is attempting to run the multiple front D that the Patriots and Eagles happen to run...If he has the personel I think it'll work fine...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Probably a good place for Polley. He'll be able to roam without anyone keying on him, and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed won't let him take plays off.
    Boy that's all he needs....a FSU guy taking orders from two Miami guys.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Polley a Raven

Ravens sign LB Polley to one-year deal

NFL.com wire reports

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (April 11, 2005) -- Free-agent linebacker Tommy Polley signed a one-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens, who expect the four-year veteran to play next to Ray Lewis in the team's new 4-3 alignment.

Polley comes to the Ravens from the St. Louis Rams, where he averaged 72 tackles a season. He joined the Rams in 2001 after starting three years at Florida State.

"It's good to be home," said Polley, who played high school football in Baltimore. "It's great for me and my family, but I'm here to do a job, and that's to get this team back to the Super Bowl."

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound Polley had 78 tackles in 15 games last year. He fills the void left by the departure of Ed Hartwell, who signed as a free agent with the Atlanta Falcons.

"We need another linebacker to team up with Ray," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "Tommy is a very athletic player that can run from sideline to sideline. He also has the ability to cover backs and tight ends down the field."

First-year defensive coordinator Rex Ryan this season will switch to a 4-3 alignment from the 3-4 set the team has used for the past several years. If Polley does his part, Lewis will be free to roam the middle.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Polley a Raven

"Tommy is a very athletic player that can run from sideline to sideline. He also has the ability to cover backs and tight ends down the field."
    REALLY? Could have fooled me.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast