Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Ray Buchanan says Vick fights dogs

I am posting this information strictly from the website that I have linked and quoted below. I am by no means condoning or confirming any of this info, just passing it along as I found it while browsing online. Below is the link to the website that posted it and the story itself.

Link: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ANOTHER BOMBSHELL: BUCHANAN SAYS VICK FIGHTS DOGS

In a Friday afternoon interview with our buddy Steve Duemig of 620 WDAE in Tampa, Chris Landry of Fox Sports Radio said that former Atlanta Falcons defensive back Ray Buchanan told Landry on the weekend of the NFL draft that Vick is directly involved in dog fighting.

Said Landry of his discussion with Buchanan: "He tells me that Michael has been into this dog fighting for so long that . . . .he not only knew about, he is behind all of it, he's paying for all of it. . . . Apparently, he's into it big time."

Landry also said that Vick was actively recruiting teammates to become involved in the "sport." The audio of the Landry interview can be heard right here.

Buchanan was a member of the Falcons for the first three years of Vick's career.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: Ray Buchanan says Vick fights dogs

To update a story I posted recently, here is something else I found. Once again, take it for what it's worth

http://www.oxfordpress.com/sports/co..._0515_COX.html

Buchanan denies implicating Vick
    By STEVE WYCHE
    Cox News Service
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ATLANTA, Ga. Former Atlanta Falcons player Ray Buchanan denied comments attributed to him during a radio talk show about having direct knowledge of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick being involved in illegal dogfighting.

"I don't know anything about Mike being involved in dogfighting, and that's for real, coming from the Mouth of the South," Buchanan told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Monday. "For me to say something like that is wrong because I'd never throw another player under the bus. I don't know and I didn't say anything about Mike Vick, who I know, who I live by, having anything to do with dogfighting.

"All I know is what everybody else knows, and that's the stuff I see on the news or read about."

Vick is under investigation for animal cruelty and dogfighting in Surry County, Va. Nearly 70 dogs, mainly pit bulls, were discovered at a property Vick sold last week, after police initially went to the property as part of a drug investigation.

During a radio broadcast aired in Tampa on Friday, Fox Sports analyst Chris Landry said Buchanan told him Vick was deeply involved in dogfighting and that Vick funded it. Landry also said Buchanan, who works for Fox Sports Radio, told him Vick openly spoke to players about his involvement.

Buchanan said that he did speak with Landry about Vick's situation, but it was in an office of another Fox Sports employee last month at the NFL draft. Buchanan described it as a casual conversation where nothing was recorded, to his knowledge.

Landry did not back down from his comments Monday.

"I went on a radio station there and said what I had to say," Landry said. "I'm not looking to make news with this thing."

When told about Buchanan's denial, Landry was stunned.

"I'm going to stand by comments that I made on the show," Landry said. "That's all I'm going to say about it."

The radio host, Steve Duerring, said Monday that Landry "was pretty convincing."

Buchanan, a teammate of Vick from 2001-2003, was steadfast in his assertion that Landry spoke out of line and was using him to legitimize rumors and innuendo that has circulated about the dog-fighting investigation.

"That stuff he said I said is stuff he was saying to me, that 'He heard this and he heard that,'" Buchanan said. "I told him that I didn't have common knowledge about that. I told him that I knew that Mike loves dogs. Everybody knows that Mike loves his dogs. But I never heard anything about Mike and dogfighting.

"I did make a joke about Mike making $130 million and why would he need to be involved in dogfighting making that kind of money. Maybe he took something out of that to try and legitimize some of the things he came at me with. I guess he was trying to get something out of me."

Buchanan said he and Landry have a good relationship and that he did not know about Landry's comments until Monday when they appeared in the Journal-Constitution.

"Chris might want to retract some of the things he said," Buchanan said.

Steve Wyche writes for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Vick can try to keep it quiet, but the truth will come out in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

After checking out the Atlanta Falcons website at NFL.COM. I find it peculiar that there aren't any articles about the Vick/Pitbull situation.(at least not on the frontpage) I would think that the Falcons would want to protect Vick's rep.?

general counsel is offline Registered User

the best way to protect his rep is to say nothing. the falcons have been burned plenty of times already standing up for vick. they are very reluctant to take any public position because frankly they dont know what really happened. At this point, even to falcons ownership, vicks credibility is highly suspect.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Vick can try to keep it quiet, but the truth will come out in the end.
    You would think, but it appears the "don't snitch" rule is in place.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

I'm wondering how much snitching there won't be if Vick is involved but leaves his family to take the heat for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post
    I'm wondering how much snitching there won't be if Vick is involved but leaves his family to take the heat for it.
    I guess it depends on whether or not he "takes care of them" for taking the heat as well as the fall. Everybody has their price and Vick certainly has the resources.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Michael "Ron Mexico secret waterbottle compartment dogfighting" Vick is a bad guy. Yes, he is the best running QB the NFL has seen, but he's a bad guy. The media needs to stop sugar coating this. He's a bad guy.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

it will be very interesting to see what the nfl does to Vick,if this dog story is true,a year off should be the starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    it will be very interesting to see what the nfl does to Vick,if this dog story is true,a year off should be the starting point.
    Not to mention what the ramifications could be if he's found guilty of any dog fighting charges, which would be a felony.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Falcons | Animal control officer confident Vick was at dog fights
    Tue, 15 May 2007 21:07:23 -0700

ESPN.com reports investigators do not agree with Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick that he was rarely at the Virginia house he owned where officials have found evidence of dog fighting. Vick also said he never took part in the practice, but the animal control coordinator for the City of Chesapeake in Virginia told Yahoo.com she has spoken with individuals who can "put Vick on that property" during matches. Kathy Strouse, the animal control coordinator, says she is "very confident" that Vick will be tied directly to the dog fighting on the property, and has challenged Surry County Commonwealth attorner Gerald Poindexter to bring charges. "He [Poindexter] was at the home and saw the equipment that we seized. When we were there, he said he had enough right there to issue an indictment. He didn't say who he would indict, but he said he had enough," Strouse said. Strouse indicated that the individuals who can place Vick at the scene have been reluctant to testify. An investigator told WVEC-TV in Norfolk, Va., that a meeting has been requested with Poindexter to review evidence, but Poindexter said that they have not requested a meeting a with him.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

There is no excuse for this in today's society. This isn't a backwards 3rd world country with little or no repsect for human or animal rights.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

They apparently now have a reliable confidential informant that can place Vick at the home during fights. They've also been able to secure convictions on circumstantial evidence in the past, so I would be really surprised if Vick got out of this one.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    They apparently now have a reliable confidential informant that can place Vick at the home during fights. They've also been able to secure convictions on circumstantial evidence in the past, so I would be really surprised if Vick got out of this one.
    Looks like the Falcons should have hung onto Matt Schaub.:x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast