Varg6 is offline Registered User

re-opening of the saints' dome...

I think it's great that they rebuilt it, but I think it will only be special if they win, I mean regardless its very special, but uhh its hard to explain. It just won't be as signficant imo if they lose. If they win, it'll be a huge thing for New Orleans, but if they lose, it's sorta meh...and Atlanta looks awesome, and I feel bad that they have a good chance of losing. They deserve to win it, but I don't know if it's going to work out for this team right now with the re-opening. I don't know..how do you guys feel about it?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: re-opening of the saints' dome...

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I think it's great that they rebuilt it, but I think it will only be special if they win, I mean regardless its very special, but uhh its hard to explain. It just won't be as signficant imo if they lose. If they win, it'll be a huge thing for New Orleans, but if they lose, it's sorta meh...and Atlanta looks awesome, and I feel bad that they have a good chance of losing. They deserve to win it, but I don't know if it's going to work out for this team right now with the re-opening. I don't know..how do you guys feel about it?
    I don't think you can look at it that way. It's not a win loss situation. I think it's hard for anyone who wasn't in New Orleans when Katrina hit to really realize what this means and how significant it is re-opening the Dome that was partially destroyed by some people when they were using it for a shelter and also by Katrina. The rebirth of the Dome is far bigger than a win or a loss in that game. It is very significant no matter how the game turns out.

With that being said some parts of New Orleans and the surrounding area are still a mess and the govt need to step up and fix the whole thing not just bits and pieces.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

No matter the outcome of the first game in the Superdome this season, it will be a win for the people of New Orleans. There is a sellout in the dome for the entire season. To me, this means that the residents who have money are willing to spend it. Hopefully, the ones who do not have the cash will end up reaping the benifits of the jobs provided by the dome selling out.

Man, that sounds insensitive on my part. I didn't mean to sound that way. Let me try again...

NO is a city that has been through hell. I'm positive that the majority of the residents are struggling. The people who bought the season tickets and caused the season sellout aren't the real people who have to rebuild their homes, they are the fortunate ones who can afford to overcome the difficulties. Hopefully, the people who live paycheck to paycheck can benefit from the Saints sucess. In any case, I know I feel better after the Rams win, even when things really suck.

New Orleans...I salute you. Here's to a BIG win over those dirty birds!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    No matter the outcome of the first game in the Superdome this season, it will be a win for the people of New Orleans. There is a sellout in the dome for the entire season. To me, this means that the residents who have money are willing to spend it. Hopefully, the ones who do not have the cash will end up reaping the benifits of the jobs provided by the dome selling out.

Man, that sounds insensitive on my part. I didn't mean to sound that way. Let me try again...

NO is a city that has been through hell. I'm positive that the majority of the residents are struggling. The people who bought the season tickets and caused the season sellout aren't the real people who have to rebuild their homes, they are the fortunate ones who can afford to overcome the difficulties. Hopefully, the people who live paycheck to paycheck can benefit from the Saints sucess. In any case, I know I feel better after the Rams win, even when things really suck.

New Orleans...I salute you. Here's to a BIG win over those dirty birds!
    I basically said the same thing right above you I will rep you if you rep me. hehe :l

hehe I repped you anyways
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Win or lose, it's got to be nice to have a home! Their own facilities, their own locker rooms, their own crowd. It's like getting out of your brothers room and into your own.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I agree with you guys, I just feel like it will be even more significant for the Saints to win at their new home. And I just feel as if, like it'll crush their spirit if they lose that first game...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams