throwback week

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: As a redskins fan

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    Well i'm glad you felt touched. That was not my intention. Perhaps you need a Hallmark card and a hug from a friend.
    I see the sarcasm train hasn't pulled into the station in your town yet.

I'd rather have a confident team winning tough games a letting an easy won slip away, than be in whatever position the Rams are in.
    Perhaps. But I'm fairly certain that you'd rather be here gloating today than doing what you are doing now.

I will let you guys "worry about what the Rams need to do to win more games." Maybe Haslett will take your suggestions.
    Thanks. Maybe we'll beat the Cowboys for you this week.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

The skins are a great team, and they'll do fine this season, more than likely making the playoffs...

But they lost to a team that was desperate, it was a win we needed sooner than later.

Neither team played great, but I think the Rams gave it their all and they deserve the win because they won it. They played four quarters for once and I'm really happy about it. I don't care who we beat, I'm just glad to see some progress.

I honestly don't understand the hostility in some of these posts I've been seeing, especially by the original poster. Dude, you lost, it's not the end of the world and quite frankly when you come to a Rams forum to say how awful we are after losing to such an "awful" team, it speaks volumes of your maturity (you don't have any), and your arrogance. We take pride in respecting everyone and never being rude. I don't think you will find one user on this forum that will go to a Redskins forum and go "Haha you guys suck because you lost to the rams!! Hur hur hur!!" It's just childish...

We may not be the best team this year, but things change and one reputation the Rams have is having damn good fans. We have been miserable the past few years but we've never once been bitter to anyone else, it's our business who win win and lose against. You have absolutely NO right to come in here, make a username and make a ridiculous post like that...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I see the sarcasm train hasn't pulled into the station in your town yet.
    Perhaps I'm already on it and your looking at the tail end as you just missed it...

rampower is offline Registered User

Who is crying? Please tell me? I came here after the game and ate my crow on another thread.

But then I see the most insane things being written on here, including the OP's lack of class, and wanted to post my opinion.

Is that too much to ask?
    I am awfully sorry, if you go back to the start of this thread, the one you are defending, read the first post, preclaiming us as bums, then talk about a lack of class??

The rams won their first game of the year, in a hostile environment away from home against a good team.

Then we get called bums? I guess thats eating crow.

Glad we could be of service
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps I'm already on it and your looking at the tail end as you just missed it...
    No, that's the train to mediocrity. You're apparently on the express.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    The skins are a great team, and they'll do fine this season, more than likely making the playoffs...

But they lost to a team that was desperate, it was a win we needed sooner than later.

Neither team played great, but I think the Rams gave it their all and they deserve the win because they won it. They played four quarters for once and I'm really happy about it. I don't care who we beat, I'm just glad to see some progress.

I honestly don't understand the hostility in some of these posts I've been seeing, especially by the original poster. Dude, you lost, it's not the end of the world and quite frankly when you come to a Rams forum to say how awful we are after losing to such an "awful" team, it speaks volumes of your maturity (you don't have any), and your arrogance. We take pride in respecting everyone and never being rude. I don't think you will find one user on this forum that will go to a Redskins forum and go "Haha you guys suck because you lost to the rams!! Hur hur hur!!" It's just childish...

We may not be the best team this year, but things change and one reputation the Rams have is having damn good fans. We have been miserable the past few years but we've never once been bitter to anyone else, it's our business who win win and lose against. You have absolutely NO right to come in here, make a username and make a ridiculous post like that...
    I absolutely agree with you my good man. The OP should have never came on here the way he did. You guys won. We lost. Enjoy the win. I'm glad you were able to keep things in perspective as many of us Redskins fans have. I have eaten my crow. Best of luck to your Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    No, that's the train to mediocrity. You're apparently on the express.
    Oh thanks for pointing that out. I'll gladly be on the train then with my team at 4-2. If I'm on the train of mediocrity, where does that put the Rams and its fans? Come on...i'm sure you're clever enough to come up with something. I'm not going to touch you again...

Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    I am awfully sorry, if you go back to the start of this thread, the one you are defending, read the first post, preclaiming us as bums, then talk about a lack of class??

The rams won their first game of the year, in a hostile environment away from home against a good team.

Then we get called bums? I guess thats eating crow.

Glad we could be of service
    I ate my crow respectfully. I wanted to defend my team. But if it were they other way around, Rams fans would have felt the same way. How does a good team going back home let an awful team win. In perspective, the Redskins hurt themselves. The Rams did a good enough job to just secure some points off the mistakes to win the game. Its frustrating for our fans. I'm not defending, merely pointing out the obvious. The Rams are still a very bad team and we should have won...but not the way we played.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

It's the Skins fault for giving up one play? No, they let an inferior team hang around, even leading. Seems there would be more than one play that the Rams made in there. Gee, the turnovers..........Avery.........superior punting

We could use some of you Skin fans out in California. We're in a drought and could use the water you big baby.
    Semper Fi!

zingers16 Guest

Well, i guess then you guys will get many more turnovers that way. Foolish of me...
    Isn't that the point. The goal of the defence is to stop the other team from scoring and create turnovers. Don't really see your point here

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Nope. Just putting things into perspective. The Rams caught some big breaks. Lets not forget a 51 yard field goal where the ball hit the upright and bounced in...or was that skill too?

The Redskins are a better team. They made mistakes and the Rams capitalized on them. The Rams did not play better overall but made the plays that counted. Good for them. They deserved to win.

However if you Rams fans are going to think that the game was played great by the Rams, then good luck trying to get another win, because the Rams aren't going to be able to win anymore games like that.
    I don't think most of us would disagree significantly with that assessment except that I haven't read anywhere that we " think that the game was played great by the Rams ".

In fact, apart from our playing with this Smacktard OP, the most emotional threads on any Rams board are about how Incognito nearly cost us the game & how "badly"Bulger played. I say "badly" because it's as gray an area as what kind of victory our undeniable "W" was.

Your team would do well to ask why they themselves performed so far below their season par in all three phases AS THAT PERFORMANCE IS REFLECTED IN THE SCOREBOARD.

I think you'll find there's more to it than bad luck.
    Bad luck played a big part but you responded poorly to it.

Adversity101 First Pop Quiz

Result: F

Quote Originally Posted by zingers16 View Post
    Isn't that the point. The goal of the defence is to stop the other team from scoring and create turnovers. Don't really see your point here
    The goal of the DEFENSE is to create turnover overs of course. But lets be honest, 3 fumbles like that will not happen every game. If not for those fumbles, the Redskins would have won. Two of the fumbles were well with in the 50 yard line where we could have AT LEAST had to touchdowns.

I wrote that in response to someone saying the defense played great. I was saying overall, they did not. The Redskins coughed up the ball 3 times but still had 360+ yards of offense for the day. Its going to take more from the Rams defense to win games in the future is what I was saying.

Great win though

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I don't think most of us would disagree significantly with that assessment except that I haven't read anywhere that we " think that the game was played great by the Rams ".

In fact, apart from our playing with this Smacktard OP, the most emotional threads on any Rams board are about how Incognito nearly cost us the game & how "badly"Bulger played. I say "badly" because it's as gray an area as what kind of victory our undeniable "W" was.

Your team would do well to ask why they themselves performed so far below their season par in all three phases AS THAT PERFORMANCE IS REFLECTED IN THE SCOREBOARD.

I think you'll find there's more to it than bad luck.
    Bad luck played a big part but you responded poorly to it.

Adversity101 First Pop Quiz

Result: F
    That was really cute how you did the whole class and grade thing. I'm sure someone will appreciate it. Maybe your mommy?

I'm not sure how I responded to anything poorly. Take the time to read all my threads before speaking. I understand if you don't want to...but if you don't, then shhhh. I have eaten my crow, i'm only responding to specific things people have said.

Ignorance101

Result: A+

Slug is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by foreverST21 View Post
    I am ashamed to lose to a team such as the rams. You cant pin a lose on one play but in this case, you really can. Explain to me how an offensive lieman picks up the ball after a tipped pass and runs with it and fumbles it.We were in field goal range and had enough time and downs to take a shot at the endzone. if we played the ****ty rams 20 times this season the redskins would win 19 and the only one the rams would win is on bull**** lucky plays. So congrats on the victory you Bums.

Dude, seriously. You're embarassing us. Don't rep the 'Skins by acting like a jackass. The simple fact of the matter is that we didn't do enough to win. They did. Lose with some dignity FFS.

Rethink, regroup and look ahead to next week. We've got the Browns to worry about now and we'll be cheering for these same Rams against the Cowboys.

Hail to the Redskins.

rampower is offline Registered User

I ate my crow respectfully. I wanted to defend my team. But if it were they other way around, Rams fans would have felt the same way. How does a good team going back home let an awful team win. In perspective, the Redskins hurt themselves. The Rams did a good enough job to just secure some points off the mistakes to win the game. Its frustrating for our fans. I'm not defending, merely pointing out the obvious. The Rams are still a very bad team and we should have won...but not the way we played.

Fairdo mate, went and read what you said and you did eat crow.

I do think it is fair to defend your team as it is fair for me to defend mine and hope that this win is the start of the rams building some confidence and hopefully not be the very bad team, you refer to them as. The fact they didn't give up at 17-16 shows me, that we might just start to fight more, which is a good start point for a 0-4 team. With the boys, pats and 5 divisional games, a suddenly scary looking falcons team and the bears, We have a tough enough schedule for a team that has only won 4 games in 21. But I feel a little better than I did 3 weeks ago.

We just need bulger to get back to his best and get jackson a bit more breathing room, keep fighting and I am sure we might not be as awful as you beleave.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast