Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Redskins FS Sean Taylor wanted by police

The Dade County Police Department is looking for safety Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, a former Miami Hurricane star.

Detective Robert Williams, a public information officer for the Dade County police department, said Friday that Taylor is "a person of interest" in an ongoing investigation regarding an alleged crime, which Williams would not detail. According to Williams, "a person of interest" means Taylor could be a subject, victim or witness of an alleged crime and that the police department was looking for him. He would not say whether there was an arrest warrant out for Taylor.

An NFL source tells ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the league has gotten a communication from the Dade County Police Department, which says there is a warrant out for Taylor's arrest in regards to an alleged assault with a weapon. Another NFL source, involved in league security, tells Mortensen that he has been told by Dade County police that there will be an arrest warrant issued for Taylor if he does not turn himself in by 5 p.m. ET Friday. The NFL security source also said that no one was hurt in the alleged incident.

Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who says he has not spoken with Taylor, says he has no knowledge of any problems involving Dade County Police and Taylor.

Taylor was the Redskins' No. 1 pick (fifth overall) in the 2004 draft.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel Guest

Re: Redskins FS Sean Taylor wanted by police

Classic! another guy screaming that he wants more money, not showing up at team workouts and then getting into some kind of trouble. I am not suggesting he isnt innocent until proven guilty, only that the ongoing theme of athletes who think the rules of the professional and civilized world dont apply to them never seems to change. Can you imagine if any of us working stiffs decided we wanted more money so we just didnt show up to our jobs, especially when we were under contract? Bye, bye, and welcome to the world of "would you like to supersize that sir."

rammming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wait a minute! Stop the presses! Are you trying to tell me that a former U of Miami Hurricane represented by Drew Rosenhaus is in trouble with the law?!?!

No way! Get outta town! -sniff, sniff- Is that sarcasm I smell?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Chiledog Guest

I think that one of the reasons that Joe Gibbs skipped over Winslow and opted for Taylor in the 2004 draft, was in hopes of avoiding this very type of problem.

jkramsfan Guest

a former miami hurricane in trouble,whats the chances of that.

hail_redskins Guest

Alright guys listen...

There is a reason why Sean Taylor wasn't returning Joe Gibbs calls, he was busy shooting people with his gun he recieved from The U. I mean give the kid a break, he's already 22 and this is only his 2nd arrest. I mean, everyone makes mistakes... right?

I mean, didn't you guys give Leonard Little a second... third chance too?