Thread: Refs!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Question Refs!

Heres a good topic for discussion!!

Word has it they just truned down the last offer.

How is this whole thing play out and will it effect games??

I am not sure how many of you know this, but most of these officals are being advertised as NFL Europe officals and Arena officals. What that means is that they are HIGH SCHOOL OFFICALS!! HONEST!! That is where they get officals from. Its officals HOPING to move up the racks to college. SCAREY!!!

Mmm, maybe these replacements have something to prove .... that they can play in the NFL. so maybe they will try harder ???

Hopefully :confused:

Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.
    Originally posted by RamDez
    Mmm, maybe these replacements have something to prove .... that they can play in the NFL. so maybe they will try harder ???

Hopefully :confused:

I hope they do well, if for no other reason then to prevent unfairness and allow the right calls to be made. NO MORE APOLOGIES TO THE TEAMS FROM THE NFL FOR BLOWN CALLS! And that was with the real refs. But oh well. Nothing we say or do is going to really change whatever happens.

Unfortunately, even if they do better then the old refs, not that they will, I don't see them ever being in the NFL for an extended length of time. The Players' Union is in support of the regular refs and that will have a major effect on this deal. The replacements will start the season. But the regulars will be back. There's too much heat on everyone for them to be able to just replace the regulars. And when they regulars do return, the replacements will be out on their butts. No matter how good they do. Sadly, that's just the way it is. Though, it may not be fair.

I guess the best thing is to hope this all comes to a an end as cleanly as possible so we can all get back to some football.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

Rams13 is offline Registered User

Re: Refs!

Originally posted by J-Ram
    Heres a good topic for discussion!!

Word has it they just truned down the last offer.

How is this whole thing play out and will it effect games??

I am not sure how many of you know this, but most of these officals are being advertised as NFL Europe officals and Arena officals. What that means is that they are HIGH SCHOOL OFFICALS!! HONEST!! That is where they get officals from. Its officals HOPING to move up the racks to college. SCAREY!!!

I sure hope they do ok. I won't be surprised though if some blown calls cost a few games throughout the course of this. Strikes and lockouts are part of sports today in all phases so we just have to get used to it. GO RAMS!

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    they did "good" (aka "B") in the preseason...they're were numerous missed or bad calls, but nothing out and out game deciding.

I am all for Labor getting what they deserve, but the refs work maybe 15 games a year and they want the same $ as NBA, NHL, and MLB refs/umps who work anywhere from 80-120 games a year. I just have a hard time accepting that and the NFL does too.

The replacement (interesting how the word scab has never come up) refs should do fine, but they went to one seminar with the NFL as compared to the regulars who work damn near full time at the highest level.

We need the regulars, but not at the cost they want. I have a feeling the NFL will cave, but i hope they stay steadfast.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Rams13 is offline Registered User
    You won't get any disagreements from me there. An NFL officials job is not full time such as MLB or the NBA or even the NHL. They are asking for a bit to much and probably the NFL sees it as if you give them an inch they will take a mile because I'm sure in 5 years they will want an even bigger increase.