r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Reid Is About The Only One Who Wants To Keep McNabb

Report: Reid is about the only one who wants to keep McNabb
    By MJD

According to a report this morning at myfoxphilly.com, there's a bit of friction within the Eagles organization about whether they should trade or keep Donovan McNabb.

It seems they're getting a lot of offers for the veteran quarterback. Head coach Andy Reid wants to keep him. "The Eagles' brass" wants to move him. In their words:

There are many interested teams out there, but right now the Eagles are not accepting any offers yet.

Sources tell Fox 29's sports department that the Rams are not one of those teams, contrary to some reports.

But we're also being told that trading McNabb is not going to be easy because internally the Eagles' brass wants to move him but Andy Reid does not.

My first thought is to give some free advice to the brass, whoever that might be: Listen to Andy Reid. He's the one on the field, seeing what works and what doesn't. He's the one who sees the quarterbacks working every day. He knows what's going to win you games, if indeed that is your objective.

If you're looking to save money, get younger and rebuild, fine. But if you want to win football games, listen to your football guy.

If true, it makes for an interesting little situation, not only in terms of what happens this offseason, but all the way through 2010. If there is significant friction, and Reid stands firm with McNabb, you've got to think that the "brass" might tie Reid and McNabb's fortunes together, based on their performance next season.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Reid Is About The Only One Who Wants To Keep McNabb

The Eagles have done an excellent job the last few years bringing in their youth and making the transition. McNabb is the last veteran on offense and Kolb is sitting there waiting his turn. If you could get a 2nd rounder to cushion Kolb moving forward, I think that would be very tempting.

Reid just signed an extension. I don't think they've tied he and McNabb together.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I really like Reid but maybe it's time for him to realize that McNabb needs to move on,the Eagles have alot of talent and maybe Kolb with those young receivers can get them to the next level and even win it, who knows for sure but I don't think McNabb is the guy for Philly anymore.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Is Kolb better than Mcnabb?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Is Kolb better than Mcnabb?
    good question and I guess I would have to say no,but sometimes you just need to cut the cord and let them move on,a fresh start for everyone.

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

This whole situation reminds me of the Rodgers/Favre situation. Is Rodgers good enough to fill Favre's shoes? The only way to find out is to make the switch, and it worked out well for the Packers. Maybe it will work out for the Eagles too.