Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Replacement Refs just handed Seahawks MNF Game

Tez2010 is offline Registered User

Re: Replacement Refs just handed Seahawks MNF Game

I can't remember; did the Rams and their fans admit that they shouldn't have won the 1999 Playoff game against the Buccaneers when Bert Emanuel's catch was erroneously ruled incomplete?

I consider some of you guys to be reasonable fans and generally like this forum, but your uninformed anti-seahawks at every turn is going to get pushback from this reasonable guy.

I was at the game and earlier in the quarter the Packers were handed many gifts on the "TD" drive that should have resulted in just a field goal except for bad calls by the replacement referees.

The best unit of either team was the Seahawks D, so the teams were even at best throughout the game. The officials were hell bent on handing one team the victory over the other and until that last 8 seconds, they had handed it to the Green Bay Packers (apparently America's most beloved team right now).

Had they not made the more obvious, blatant, high profile dodgy call in our favor, Green Bay would have won on an accumulation of dodgy, but subtle calls in their favor.

Had that last play not happened and the Refs swung it in Green Bay's favor would Rams NFL forum have all these comments? No. Would Aaron "integrity" Rogers be holding emotional press conferences? No. Would Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson be asking the President to overturn the results? No.

Would Victor Cruz go on Mike and Mike and tell Jermichael Finley that he should admit that he was not the victim of Pass Interference on 3rd down when he extended the drive to lead to Green Bay's TD? No (this is a reference to Cruz suggesting that Tate should admit it, as the ever upstanding Cruz would do - interestingly Cruz never admitted that he fumbled the ball against the Cards last year when he "gave up and set the ball on the ground", but hey, the high road is for the other guy, right?).

I'd rather have won outright and without the Refs, but I'd rather not have lost because of earlier Ref calls that handed GB a win.

You've got your chance to stomp us this weekend, since we are such a pile of crap fraud of a team, I am sure you are confident and will take care of business, right?

See you Sunday.

Was there all this outrage when we were robbed of a Superbowl? No.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Just imagine if the Packers miss the playoffs by one game...
    Or if the Hawks make the playoffs by one game.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tez2010 View Post
    I can't remember; did the Rams and their fans admit that they shouldn't have won the 1999 Playoff game against the Buccaneers when Bert Emanuel's catch was erroneously ruled incomplete?
    I know what we didn't say....

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I consider some of you guys to be reasonable fans and generally like this forum, but your uninformed anti-seahawks at every turn is going to get pushback from this reasonable guy
    You are a reasonable guy Tez, but the entire sports world is showing anti-Seahawks sentiment, not just us. Even over at seahawks.net, there are loads of Seahawks fans admitting it was not a TD. You can push back, but the Tate push in the back and one-handed posession play is going to go down in NFL history as one of biggest, if not the biggest injustice ever.

For the record, I think the Seahawks are a vastly underrated team, especially on defense, and will be tough to beat. As far as being a fraud, it's not their fault the call was made, so no, I don't see that at all.

And believe it or not, there was plenty of outrage here after the Seahawks got robbed in the Super Bowl.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I have been over to the Hawks board this week to see what they are thinking about this call. I never knew they had such a low Self-esteem when it comes to their team. They really feel like the everyone is against them.

They are missing the point and that is, we all knew if these refs where going to keep calling games this would happen. It's not on the Hawks they did not make the call or hirer these unqualified refs. So stop with the videos and the pictures trying to convince yourselves it was a catch. It's OK, the fact is these refs stink and the call happened to be made on a game ending play that went the Hawks way. The smart play here is to just say, yes it was a bad call but we are not apologizing for it.
    HUbison likes this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

You were 'robbed of the Super Bowl,' how so? It was 'Gold-Plated Tate's' and Pete Carroll's vicorty celebration that has fans shaking their heads. The Packers got 'screwed' so the Seahags should shut up; take the victory tainted as it was; and head back to Seattle for a latte decaf skinny and some salmon sushi. BTW, I visited a couple of Seattle fan forums last season, none of which I'd let my young grand-daughters see becasue they haven't learned 'those words' yet. I'm curious, however, as to why you've joined our forum. Is it perhaps to 'stir the pot,' if so you're wasting your time because St.Louis Rams fans are too classy. I guess that comes with winning a Super Bowl. Your Seahags might win one some day. Or, maybe not! Enjoy Sunday's game! And, if you're in the Lou and in Seahags gear you won't have to worry about being spit on; or having beer dumped on your noggin. Again, Rams fans are too classy.
    Last edited by TorontoRam; -09-26-2012 at 09:15 PM.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Just imagine if the Packers miss the playoffs by one game...
    Worse yet would be the Packers losing a playoff tie-breaker to Seattle. Now, in that case, the NFL should be forced to disband if the league did not give the Packers the tie-breaker.

gap

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

No need to. We had that same call ruled against us at least twice that year. One took away a Torry Holt TD, and I believe it was in the Titans' game that we lost by less than a FG and a picked up roughing the kicker flag to end the game.

You've got your chance to stomp us this weekend, since we are such a pile of crap fraud of a team, I am sure you are confident and will take care of business, right?

See you Sunday.

Was there all this outrage when we were robbed of a Superbowl? No.
    Actually, I only watched about 3 or 4 series early in the game, and went to be sure that we have no chance this weekend. The way the Hawks' D was playing, the score is likely to be 41-6 (or worse) Hawks.

I see it this way. Seattle scores a TD and a FG on their own. Then our D implosions (15yds and 1st down) on successful 3rd down stops provides another 10 points. Lastly, our offenses adds another 21 points in Pick 6 or fumbles.

I hope Shotty learns from last week, and we have a gameplan that doesn't have one 5 or more step drops, and uses misdirection running plays. If that happens, and our agressive D doesn't issue any first downs via penalty on successful 3rd down stops, and we could win a close game.

This is, of course, if the refs don't think they are in Seattle when they give the "homefield advantage calls" like they gave Washington the "homefield advantage calls" in week two.

gap

gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12