• 2 Post By BM_Face
  • 1 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 1 Post By MoonJoe
  • 1 Post By general counsel

Thread: Richie Incognito Suspended Indefinately

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Richie Incognito Suspended Indefinately

I thought about posting this in the Rams forum, but I don't like admitting he was once part of our team...

Here is the long story from ESPN.

The Miami Dolphins have suspended starting guard Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team.
    Incognito was being reviewed by the Dolphins, the NFL and the NFL Players Association for harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team last week after a lunchroom incident.
    The Dolphins announced in a statement late Sunday that Incognito had been suspended, adding "we believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time. As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matter."

More From ESPN.com

Based on the allegations that have been reported, the Dolphins had no choice but to suspend Richie Incognito, James Walker writes. Analysis Wagoner: Revisiting Incognito, Rams
    SportsNation: Hazing problem in NFL?
    Radio: Mike & Mike | Ron Jaworski
    Radio: Cris Carter weighs in

Sources told ESPN that one of the significant allegations being reviewed is that Incognito got Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Las Vegas by some teammates last summer, even though Martin preferred not to travel with the group.
    Rather than go, Martin simply gave Incognito the $15,000, sources told ESPN, fearing the consequences if he did not hand over the money.
    One source said there are other instances of intimidation captured in text messages and at least one demeaning voice mail. In addition, some of the messages were racially charged in nature, according to ESPN and media reports. The alleged racial aspect of the communication was first reported by Fox Sports. Also, Martin's recent reported text communications with Incognito that indicated he did not hold the guard responsible for his absence were sent out of fear of retribution, sources told ESPN.
    Incognito, who has been a part of the Dolphins' six-player leadership council, started all eight games for the Dolphins (4-4). He will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. Backup guard Nate Garner will start in his place.
    Representatives for Martin contacted the team Sunday regarding allegations of harassment and player misconduct, with the Dolphins saying in a statement they have asked the NFL to review the matter.
    Incognito took to Twitter earlier Sunday, saying that he wants his "name cleared." He called the reports "false speculation" and "slander" and said ESPN was hiding behind sources "who are not man enough to put their name behind the BS you report."
    This is not the first time Incognito has been in trouble. In 2009 he got into a verbal altercation with then-St. Louis Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo for multiple penalties in a game. Incognito was waived a few days later. Incognito also was suspended for the 2004 season in college at Nebraska because of off-the-field incidents.
    Incognito was voted the second-dirtiest player in the NFL from a player poll in the Sporting News during the 2012 season. Houston Texans defensive lineman Antonio Smith also swung a helmet at Incognito during an August preseason game, alleging foul play.
    Incognito talked to NFL.com last summer about problems he's had to overcome through therapy with anger-management issues and substance abuse, particularly when he was with the Rams at the beginning of his career.
    "I mean, we'd have practice the next morning, and I'm out until all hours of the night, running the town," Incognito told NFL.com. "Drinking. Doing drugs. I was doing everything that a professional athlete should not be doing."
    He had seemed to turn his image around with the Dolphins, however, earning a share of the team's "good guy" award last season, which is given to the player who is most cooperative with the local media. He also was voted to his first Pro Bowl in 2012.
    "I'm definitely not a choir boy," Incognito told NFL.com in the story published earlier this year. "You know, I'm definitely not healed, and I'm not saying that I don't make mistakes. But from where I was to where I am now, I mean, it's night and day. And it's something that, you know, I hope people can respect about me."
    The Dolphins will return to the practice field Monday, minus Incognito, to prepare for their "Monday Night Football" game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next week.
    It is unknown whether and when Martin plans to return to the team. The Dolphins have until 4 p.m. ET Tuesday to take him off the non-football-related illness list.

The short version from this and what I've seen/heard on twitter and other sites is that Richie was threatening John Martin, used racial slurs against him, and threatened him and his family.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Richie Incognito Suspended Indefinately

Makes me wonder, was he detrimental to our team when he was with the Rams? I mean, he was with the Rams during the worst years.. Hmmm.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I remember people on these boards saying Incognito was a 'victim' of the 4 pillars and should have been retained for his fire. *giggle*
    MoonJoe and lostsoul like this.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Sorry to get up on my soapbox, but racial taunts are unacceptable on any level and the dolphins did the correct thing (and only reasonable thing). I think the eagles are crap for not waiving Riley Cooper.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    lostsoul likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

He called the reports "false speculation" and "slander" and said ESPN was hiding behind sources "who are not man enough to put their name behind the BS you report.]
    It sounds like there is plenty of evidence to prove what Incognito did. Does he not realize tweets, emails, and voice mails don't simply vanish into cyberspace?

It amazes me that people don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that EVERYTHING you say, post, and put online is there to bite you in the ass.
    lostsoul likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It sounds like there is plenty of evidence to prove what Incognito did. Does he not realize tweets, emails, and voice mails don't simply vanish into cyberspace?

It amazes me that people don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that EVERYTHING you say, post, and put online is there to bite you in the ass.
    Social media never goes away...post it snap a picture it live son .....in this case looks to be in infamy...See you later Richie. Good luck without the salary of the NFL........

thoey is offline Registered User

The Miami Dolphins have suspended starting guard Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team.
    In other news, the sky is blue, the sun rises in the east, and beer is good...
    This space for rent...

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

To quote the girl from Animal House..."That man is a P.I.G. Pig!"
    lostsoul likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

general counsel is offline Registered User

HUGE POINTS to you moonjoe for quoting from the greatest film in the history of the planet. By the way moonjoe, i heard that you used to date Fawn Leibowitz. Is that true?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    lostsoul likes this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    HUGE POINTS to you moonjoe for quoting from the greatest film in the history of the planet. By the way moonjoe, i heard that you used to date Fawn Leibowitz. Is that true?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Well I did date Fawn, until the tragedy of course and her untimely demise!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood