Rambos is online now Registered User

Robert Griffin III rants about attention, scrutiny on Facebook

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
    January 13, 2014 5:30 pm ET

Mike Shanahan might be gone, but don't think the drama will dissipate from Washington just because Jay Gruden's installed now as the new Redskins head coach. Robert Griffin III will still draw plenty of scrutiny regardless of who's in charge.

For example, RG3's latest rant in the comments of his Facebook page (via CSN Washington). Griffin changed his cover photo, someone (apparently) commented about the sleeve he wears on his arm, Griffin took umbrage and he unleashed a 297-word diatrabe on his feelings about team and WE and commercials.

Or something. Here's his full text:

I usually don't do this because everyone will have an opinion on what you do or don't do. But to answer your question. I wear a sleeve because....well the same reason Pierre Garcon wears a fang mouthpiece-S. Moss wears a hand warmer when it's 70 degrees-Will Montgomery wears elbow pads-Alfred Morris wears shin guards-London Fletcher doesn't wear sleeves in below freezing weather-Adam Carriker does bicep curls and tricep extensions before a game-Chris Baker dances before every game in the locker room-Logan Paulsen does 2 handed spikes when he celebrates touchdowns-Chris Chester does ninja spins to block people-Some guys wear sleeves & some don't-Some guys wear wristbands & some don't-Etc Etc
    You see WE do these things because they make us comfortable. Not to be different. Been wearing a sleeve and glove for 10 years.
    You see WE are a team.
    You think I want it to be national news that I visit a beach? Or shop at Walmart? Or wore red shoes instead if green yesterday? Well I don't. I'm "striving" for greatness just like my fellow teammates do. The "attention" that comes with being a QB in the league is what you are referring to. All the press conferences and talking to the media? Mandated by the league to have a press conference every week during the season and during team activities during the off-season. Oh wait, you must be talking about the Commercials? Right? Oh ok so what was the deal with those in 2012? WE won the division. So in 2013 when WE get knocked down, and finish last it's because of the commercials? If that is your reasoning I have nothing more to say. WE will get back up. That is what matters. I hope I answered your question well enough.
    And that you keep supporting the team.
    If he has another bad year he will crack, sounds like he is under a ton of pressure.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Robert Griffin III rants about attention, scrutiny on Facebook

RG III needs to keep quiet....period!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

It seems that's part and parcel of his current job.

I don't seem to remember his complaining about the limelight when he was playing college ball and while chasing the Heisman trophy?

I guess he'll just have to suck it up and cash those checks.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    RG III needs to keep quiet....period!
    If he'd keep quiet, I think he'd be shocked how quickly things quieted down around him.

People seem to be writing RG3 off as done. They are most definitely wrong.

denverram is offline Registered User

Agree. Do not write RGIII off. The Redskins nada coach trying to get fired, RGIII was injured and not ready to play t he beginning of the season. Shanny was a good coach with the Broncos while Elway was there. It is amazing how hard it is win without a guy like Elway around. RGIII just needs some time to mature as a QB and he will be good.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I'm glad we stayed away from drafting him. I agree he still has a chanceto become a stud QB in the league, but we don't need that drama in the locker room.