Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rip32 is offline Registered User

Rod Woodson is a moron(Confirmed)

I always had an incling into the fact that he is a Moron but it has been confirmed,when I sat down to watch NFL total access I saw that he was going to pick his top 5 WRS i turned to my friend and said If Torry Holt is'nt in this top 5 he is a moron and here it is Rod Woodsons top 5 actually top 7:

1 - Steve Smith
    2 - Chad Johnson
    3 - Marvin Harrison
    4 - Terrell Owens
    5a - Santana Moss
    5b - Anquan Boldin
    5c - Larry Fitz

And he said Randy moss would be next on the list,like I said MORON.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rod Woodson is a moron(Confirmed)

I wouldn't go so far as a moron. I agree with at least three of his top four. Not sure Steve Smith is top five, but he's definitely top ten. Johnson, Harrison, and TO all deserve to be there, IMO. Santana Moss, I don't see in the top five, and I don't think you can make a case for either of the Cardinal receivers above Torry Holt.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Rod Woodson disses Holt!

I was watching the NFL Network the other day and Woodson was ranking his top five wr's. Well he ranked his top seven and Holt was nowhere to be found or mentioned. Ranked in the top seven were Fitzgerald,Boldin,Santana Moss,Randy Moss,Harrison, and of course T.O. I forgot he also mentioned Steve Smith. I just dont see how people continuously overlook Holt when it comes to being an elite wr. Holt has what now a record 6 straight seasons with 1300 or more yds and he was injured at the end of last year. To me Holt just get zero respect in the media, maybe its not Holt maybe the media just dislikes the Rams.
    Last edited by rammiser; -07-24-2006 at 05:58 PM.
    Just Fix It

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Rod Woodson disses Holt!

That @$$!! Torry Holt IS a TOP 5 Reciever!!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Just because Santana Moss had a good year last year doesnt make him a Top 5 WR. What ever this guy is Moron. i agree with you Rip

I thought Holt was a top 3 wr but he at least top 5 right?
    Just Fix It

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

How in the world can something called "Santana" Moss be rated ahead of Torry Holt? Unless, of course, we're talking guitar players;then certainly Carlos Santana is a much better player than Torry. (O.K. I've never heard Mr. Holt play, but I'm reasonably confident that he's not in Santana's class on this issue.)

WHAT SAY YE?

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

There are certain bias people in the football analyst realm and Mr Woodson in obviously one of them-
    No matter the non recognition for Torry Holt- He continues to amaze the media- Torry is very low key- And in order to be mentioned you have to cause
    drama and media attention. Otherwise you are just boring.
    Holt does his thing on the field and that's where the credibility is earned.
    The Rams have been under the radar in recent years and not having the spotlight weekly or bye weekly hurts his status of being mentioned with the rest of the pack.
    THE FIELD GOAL

Rambos is offline Registered User

I saw that and was thinking he's a Ram hater. He always has been and always will be.

denverram is offline Registered User

Part of the problem both Holt and Bruce is each other. You see it when they discuss Isaac for the Hall of Fame. Look at his numbers, they compare very favorably with other rec in the Hall but Issac gets no respect. People say you need to be the best WR on your team to make the Hall. I say Isaac deserves to be in for sure. I seem to remember he missed most of 97 and 98 as well.

Now back to Holt. Imagine the numbers Holt would put up if Isaac was not with him. They would be monstrous.

Point being I think they hurt each other in the publicity game as much as they help each other on the field. After all how many teams have 2 HOF rec on the field at the same time!!!

Besides I never liked Rod as a player. As an analyst he is even worse!!!

DenverRam:ramlogo:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Who cares, everyone under ranks all our players. It's been this way for awhile, get used to it! I'm used to it, and I don't care what these people have to say anymore, because most of the time, they're wrong. Nobody thinks Bulger is that great, yet he is proven to be #1.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Depending on when I'm asked, I may or may not put Holt in the top 5, though I consider him a top 5 caliber receiver, if that makes any sense. What I'm saying is that the guy is an elite talent, it's just that there's alot of talent at that position.

I think Woodson ranked Smith too high, and to be honest, I don't think Moss should be up there at all just yet. I would put Holt where he put Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy
    Depending on when I'm asked, I may or may not put Holt in the top 5, though I consider him a top 5 caliber receiver, if that makes any sense. What I'm saying is that the guy is an elite talent, it's just that there's alot of talent at that position.

I think Woodson ranked Smith too high, and to be honest, I don't think Moss should be up there at all just yet. I would put Holt where he put Moss.
    I agree to a point, I dont expect Holt to be #1 but Santana Moss,Boldin and Fitzgerald have nothing on Holt. If you want to put Steve Smith,Owens and Harrison above him I can deal with that. But to put these other guys, Boldin had 2 good years out of 3 and Fitzgerald is too young to even have paid his dues,hes had 1 good year. Santana Moss cant hold Holt's jock. Where is Chad Johnson or Hines Ward even those guys are better than Boldin,Fitz, and Moss.
    Just Fix It

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    I agree to a point, I dont expect Holt to be #1 but Santana Moss,Boldin and Fitzgerald have nothing on Holt. If you want to put Steve Smith,Owens and Harrison above him I can deal with that. But to put these other guys, Boldin had 2 good years out of 3 and Fitzgerald is too young to even have paid his dues,hes had 1 good year. Santana Moss cant hold Holt's jock. Where is Chad Johnson or Hines Ward even those guys are better than Boldin,Fitz, and Moss.
    Chad Johnson was #2

I agree with you, though. I'd put Holt over Johnson, Boldin, and Fitz, but not Smith, Harrison, or TO. I guess that would make him #4 in my book

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

rams#1 Guest

what in the hell has steve smith proven, he has had only 2 1,000 yard seasons, they think ok torry holt is the most consistent reciever but lets put somebody above him who has yet to win anything but a fluke superbowl run 3 years ago. the media hates holt because he has enough class not to celebrate after a TD, except when he And ike jump in the air and bump chests, and when holt runs in circles in the endzone, I guess the media wants somebody that has proven nothing rather than somebody who is on pace to break Jerry rice's records. the media hates holt and everybody knows it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast