Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Rod Woodson is a moron(Confirmed)

Blah. :confused:

Positional rankings are boring and pointless, unless it has to do with fantasy football. Coming from a guy like Rodney Harrison, it's even less credible - plus it looks like he's going by either stats from just the last couple of years or how much media attention a guy gets. He knows nothing about covering receivers one-on-one being a safety, playing only deep zones - I'm sure if they had any CB or WR as a guest analyst, Torry would be in the top 7 at least. Holt has set a NFL record with six straight 1,300+ yard receiving seasons. That's consistency that you can't deny, but it's boring to "analysts" ilke Harrison who are probably looking for a more controversial/jock-popular [i just made that up] opinion rather than relying on facts and production like the reliable John Clayton. Be careful who you listen to.

When it comes down to this team, though, who cares? The Rams are no worse off by R. Harrison ignoring Holt's prowess, that doesn't hurt my feelings; I'd rather have him do that than take a cheap shot at Marc Bulger's knee in preseason. The more disrespect we get from the general media, the more I'm loving it - in '99, despite our decade of losing streaks, they were hyping us up in preaseason until Trent Green was injured, then according to the experts, we were going 6-10 at best. I personally love it when we're overlooked and underappreciated.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -07-25-2006 at 12:13 AM.

rams#1 Guest

It hurts knowing that we could have been the best team that the nfl has ever seen, do you guys ever wonder what would have happend if kurt warner had not gone down in the giants game in 03? I do, warner would have led us back to the superbowl and we would have won, and gotten our revenge on the Damn Patriots, the only thing that hurt us in the 03 playoff loss was marc bulgers inexperience, damn it I want it back, I want the old days back, I miss it damn it I miss it.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    It hurts knowing that we could have been the best team that the nfl has ever seen, do you guys ever wonder what would have happend if kurt warner had not gone down in the giants game in 03? I do, warner would have led us back to the superbowl and we would have won, and gotten our revenge on the Damn Patriots, the only thing that hurt us in the 03 playoff loss was marc bulgers inexperience, damn it I want it back, I want the old days back, I miss it damn it I miss it.
    I think we'll get it back. If anytime that we can get it though, I honestly would say either this year or next year. I think we can be some serious contenders, and I think we can definitely be NFC West Champs again, I would be more shocked to see us do worse than SF and AZ, than go to the superbowl and win it all.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

You sre exactly right. When I saw that on tv I realized most of those players are the showoffy type and over confident while holt has class and records they pick the celebrators, besides marvin of course, he is the quiet one. but anyways who cares what rod woodson thinks we know holt is a top 5 WR and that's what matters.
    Built RAM tough

ConnecticutRamFan is offline Registered User

Rod Woodson? Who's He?....LOL! I think Woodson is one of the most overrated players to ever play. Second only to another loud mouth gasbag, Dion Sanders. Torry Holt is the claasiest,most no nonsense receiver in the league. You can have T. A** O. , Randy "cry baby " Moss and The ever winey Mesawn Johnson, I'll take Torry and Ike anyday.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

What's funny is no guy in that top 7 list, has had 1300 yards 6 years in a row. A couple of those years were 1400 and 1600. Not even Rice. I think where it hurts Holt is the TD production, which is not his fault, it was Martz. He is mos def a Top 3 Reciever.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000
    I think where it hurts Holt is the TD production, which is not his fault, it was Martz. He is mos def a Top 3 Reciever.
    How in the world is that Martz's fault? The reason Holt's TD numbers aren't higher is because we have Faulk and Bruce, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

rams#1 Guest

It dosent Matter even if he still got 12 TD"S a year he would be overlooked, people dont like holt because he is not a showoff type player, and when he does dance in the endzone he only runs in circles, or he and ike bump chests, the fact is torry holt is the best reciever in the nfl and espn and nfl total access fail to realize it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12