Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: Roethlisberger in wreck

Had to get screws to fix his face that could be annoying going to airports with doctor's notes and what not.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

This just in: Big Bens face plates that were put in will be in his face for the rest of his life.
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    This just in: Big Bens face plates that were put in will be in his face for the rest of his life.
    And here's the most recent post-surgery photograph of Rothlesburger...
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Looks like Big Ben has learned a valuable lesson and will be adjusting accordingly:

"In the past few days, I have gained a new perspective on life. By the grace of God, I am fortunate to be alive, surrounded by loved ones and lifted by the prayers and support of so many. I am sorry for any anxiety and concern my actions have caused others, specifically my family, the Steelers organization, my teammates and our fans.

I recognize that I have a responsibility to safeguard my health in the offseason so I can continue to lead our team effectively. I never meant any harm to others nor to break any laws. I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me. If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet. "

rams! is offline Registered User

Ben was released from the hospital today, so he's going to be alright. He was lucky this time, maybe now he'll start wearing a helmet.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams!
    Ben was released from the hospital today, so he's going to be alright. He was lucky this time, maybe now he'll start wearing a helmet.
    if I were him, I'd be done with motorcycles period..

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Yeah, I agree Varg.

I'm suprsided he wasn't arrogant agian like a year ago and say he was going to ride without a helmet.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    I'm suprsided he wasn't arrogant agian like a year ago and say he was going to ride without a helmet.
    Let's give the guy a break. The man made a mistake, expressed remorse, and has taken responsibility for his actions. He's also changed his attitude about wearing a helmet. I don't know what more he can do.

Well his bike has to be totalled so he can make the whole team and coaching staff happy and not buy another bike.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Roethlisberger releases statement, says if he ever rides again, it will be with a helmet

The following statement was released by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Thursday:
    Advertisment

"In the past few days, I have gained a new perspective on life. By the grace of God, I am fortunate to be alive, surrounded by loved ones and lifted by the prayers and support of so many. I am sorry for any anxiety and concern my actions have caused others, specifically my family, the Steelers organization, my teammates and our fans.

I recognize that I have a responsibility to safeguard my health in the offseason so I can continue to lead our team effectively. I never meant any harm to others nor to break any laws. I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me. If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.

My deepest appreciation goes out to the Steelers organization and my teammates for the compassion they have shown me. The physicians and support staff at Mercy Hospital were simply amazing, and I will forever be grateful for their caring treatment.

I want to assure everyone I am committed to a complete and timely recovery. I look forward to being at training camp in Latrobe and to winning football games this season. "

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Shannon Sharpe made an great point that now the Ravens are the most stable at QB (ironically enough) in the NFC North. Browns got a very young and inexperienced Charlie Frye at the helm, Bengals have a rehabilitating Carson Palmer (knee), and this incident. Ravens have a solid Mcnair under center.

woodyramfan1 is offline Registered User

You would think that the Steelers would have something in his contract about riding motorcycles or at least wearing a helmet. Oh well I wish him the best and hopefully this will not affect his football career.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]woodyramfan1

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Ben,

Get well soon....... dumbass.

Bill

woodyramfan1 is offline Registered User

And I am the one referred to as negative. Hmmm.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]woodyramfan1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123