Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: RUMOR: Miami local media saying Wannstedt has resigned

Wow, there are more than a few of us with WAAAAYYYYY too much time on our hands, me included.

:tongue:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Wow, there are more than a few of us with WAAAAYYYYY too much time on our hands, me included.

:tongue:
    Yea, I know, but curiosity got the best of me. So now I pay for my "research time" by staying late at the office to finish what I should have been doing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

As Steven Tyler would say: "Dream on, dream on..."
    This pretty much sums up the scenario here. Although I would love to see it happen, it's just way too political. Not only would it alienate both Martz and Marmie, it would have them each looking over their shoulder as Wannstedt has the credentials to be both DC AND HC. I'm not sure the FO would want to create that situation.

If however something was to come out of this, it might imply that Martz is on the hot seat and not as safe as some might think.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Here's two things from PFT.com about Wanny. Laugh them off, perhaps. But still, interesting tidbits.

Quote Originally Posted by PFT.com
    WANNSTEDT WAS GIVEN ULTIMATUM

Despite scattered reports and suggestions that Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga would not have made an in-season coaching change by firing Dave Wannstedt, a league source tells us that Wannstedt's resignation came in direct response to a quit-or-be-poop-canned mandate.

The clincher for Huizenga, we're told, wasn't the loss on Sunday to the lowly Cardinals, but the number of fans disguised as empty seats at The Stadium That Is Still Named For A Company That No Longer Exists. The thinking was that something/anything was needed to appease the fans. Since it's hard to get 53 new players in November (not to mention what cutting them all would do to the salary cap), the path of least resistance was to make a coaching change.

We hear that the players weren't happy about the move. Nor should they be. Apart from the fact that Wannstedt is a class act and a great guy, the players are smart enough to know that the move was necessitated by the piss-poor performance of the guys who wear a helmet -- not a headset -- on Sundays.
    and...

Quote Originally Posted by PFT.com
    PITT NEXT FOR WANNY?

On the same day that Dave Wannstedt resigned as the head coach of the Dolphins, we're also hearing that the departure of coach Walt Harris from Wanny's alma mater, the University of Pittsburgh, is a done deal.

Pitt's A.D., per an NFL source, "hates" Harris.

We're hearing that the Panthers want to hire a guy who played for Pitt. The list of coaches with mustard-and-blue roots who likewise are qualified to take over the program is, in our view, limited. Apart from Wannstedt, potential candidates with NFL ties include Ravens offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh, Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, Raiders defensive line coach Sam Clancy, Panthers defensive line coach Sal Sunseri, Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm, Seahawks defensive backs coach Teryl Austin, and boner pill salesman Mike Ditka, there aren't many/any candidates.

As to Grimm, who's responsible for the incredibly impressive performance of the Steelers offensive line, word is that the Panthers are very interested. A potential problem, we're told, is that Grimm might not have secured a degree, which would prevent the Panthers from hiring him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12