RamsFan16 Guest

Saints | Team won't tag Bentley

Saints | Team won't tag Bentley
    Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:00:17 -0800

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the New Orleans Saints are not planning to place a franchise or transition tag on free agent OC LeCharles Bentley. He almost certainly will find a new home when the NFL's free agency period begins March 3. "I'm not ruling out the idea of coming back," Bentley said. "But with that being said, New Orleans has had ample opportunity to put their bid on the table. And once the other bids start coming in, I have to make the best decision I can." He was disappointed that the team did not sign him to a long-term contract extension sooner. Bentley, who is now represented by Neil Schwartz, is expected to seek a contract similar to what the Carolina Panthers gave guard Mike Wahle last year, reportedly a five-year deal worth up to $28 million with $11.5 million in bonuses. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis also did not rule out the possibility that the Saints could re-sign Bentley, but they have allowed themselves the possibility to be outbid for his services.

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Saints | Team won't tag Bentley

you know I would love the Rams to sign this center I just don't see the Rams having the cap space with the Holes on D to fill!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Welker83 Guest

We are definitly checking bently out to take over for us.... Our GM mueller drafted that guy.

majorram is offline Registered User

welker83 if you sign this guy you are going to get a hell of a player!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

five-year deal worth up to $28 million with $11.5 million in bonuses
    Man, that is a big chunk of change for an interior OL. But he is the best C in the market right now. IF we get him, we shouldn't expect much more through FA.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce_wannabe Guest

we resigned mcollum to a 2 yr deal i dont think the rams are going to look at center

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    we resigned mcollum to a 2 yr deal i dont think the rams are going to look at center
    I do. That guy is old and is declining very fast

general counsel is offline Registered User

We could sign him as a guard as well. he plays both positions very well. in adddition, dont underestimate the importance of a guy that can get back in action after taking a shot in the nuts as he proved this year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel