Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Truth
  • 1 Post By Keenum

Thread: Saints @ Whiners

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Saints @ Whiners

This is a classic matchup of top offense vs top defense.
    It's always been said that defense wins in the playoffs.
    I think it will be very interesting to see if that holds true in this game.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Saints @ Whiners

Elite offense > Great defense

Wait till the Saints spread the ball around to their 3-4 WR sets, the Whiners don't have any depth at DBs so it'll only be a matter of time until the Saints exploit that glaring hole on the Whiners defense.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think the Saints will just have too much offense, they score 21 on the road or close to that... But heck the west beat them last year at this time.

Truth is offline Registered User

Just started watching the game with my 10 yr old son. If I can't pass anyhting else on to him, let me at least pass on my complete disgust for the @#$#ers, and their @#$%# fans!
    Rambos likes this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

im trying to decide who i want to win, niners win and we can talk to gregg williams but i just cant support them...

Keenum is offline Registered User

What is it with the Saints and NFC West teams? Last year... Seattle. This year we stomped them (scoreboard said 10, but it felt like a blowout) and even a few years ago we beat them to end a losing streak. Now, the Niners have an offensive explosion and Alex Smith looks like Joe Montana late in the 4th quarter.
    ramsbruce likes this.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

yeah i feel a little less excited about hiring Gregg Williams after that game...

Hate the Whiners. Always have, always will!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    yeah i feel a little less excited about hiring Gregg Williams after that game...
    Not the best defensive effort. However, you can't turn the ball over that much and expect to win in the playoffs. This loss is more on the offense than the defense.

Rambos is offline Registered User

That was a great game... was also not impressed with Gregg Williams D. But VD was just too much for anyone to handle. Whiners will get handled in Green Bay and VD will have another reason to cry

Have I mentioned recently that I really hate the Whiners???

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Elite offense > Great defense

Wait till the Saints spread the ball around to their 3-4 WR sets, the Whiners don't have any depth at DBs so it'll only be a matter of time until the Saints exploit that glaring hole on the Whiners defense.
    What their DBs lacked in talent, they made up for in blind refs. I cannot believe the pass interfierence they were getting away with, espcially late in the game when two out of three plays (on a three and out) had gross pass interfience in the red zone.

I will have to say that I was impressed with the whiners' ability to score on those late game drives, as I cursed every completion.

gap

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I was going to include this in my last post, but it didn't tie in with the quote.

Was I the only one that thought the officials allowed WAY TOO much pushing and shoving after the whistle? That played right into the 9ers' game plan. I also fully believe that muffed and "fumbled" kick return was not a fumble. My DVR will get destroyed and drove over with my truck if I have to prove it with images, as it keeps switching to massive FF when I try to stop the damn bottom banner from getting in my way. The player was down (right leg by a SF player), but the officials were all too eager to give anything that looked like a turn over to the 9ers. That obvious down by contact that was ruled a fumble, and had to be reversed with a challenge, is proof of that. They also took way to long to blow a play dead when the Saints had the ball. I guess to allow more opportunities for turn overs.

I wonder if the league is tired of not having SF in the post season, and is trying to prop them back into a "dynasty"; ala the cheatriots since 2001.

Right now I am hoping for a Packer win, even though I would rather they lose, so the 9ers cannot get another home game, with very biased officiating, to propell them into a SB.

gap

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I thought the Niners last night, were a little too impressive for my liking as a Rams fan. Hopefully we can get a competitive rivalry going with them again.? Because I think they could be around, for quite a while yet.?

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    What their DBs lacked in talent, they made up for in blind refs. I cannot believe the pass interfierence they were getting away with, espcially late in the game when two out of three plays (on a three and out) had gross pass interfience in the red zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Was I the only one that thought the officials allowed WAY TOO much pushing and shoving after the whistle? That played right into the 9ers' game plan. I also fully believe that muffed and "fumbled" kick return was not a fumble. My DVR will get destroyed and drove over with my truck if I have to prove it with images, as it keeps switching to massive FF when I try to stop the damn bottom banner from getting in my way. The player was down (right leg by a SF player), but the officials were all too eager to give anything that looked like a turn over to the 9ers. That obvious down by contact that was ruled a fumble, and had to be reversed with a challenge, is proof of that. They also took way to long to blow a play dead when the Saints had the ball. I guess to allow more opportunities for turn overs.

I wonder if the league is tired of not having SF in the post season, and is trying to prop them back into a "dynasty"; ala the cheatriots since 2001.

Right now I am hoping for a Packer win, even though I would rather they lose, so the 9ers cannot get another home game, with very biased officiating, to propell them into a SB.
    Utter nonsense. You saw what you wanted to see. The officiating was very hands-off, but by no means biased. You complain about PI, but completely ignored the holding all along the Saints' offensive line, or the blatant helmet to helmet hit Roman Harper put on Alex Smith on his first sack that wasn't called. In fact, the Saints weren't called for a single penalty.

If you want to complain about biased officiating, complain about the refs in the Packers-Giants game. It was appalling. The refs gave Green Bay a second chance on drives that should've ended twice in that game, both times leading to Packers TDs. The refs do their jobs correctly and the Packers get blown out after only putting up 6 points.

EDIT: The Saints were actually called for 1 penalty.
    Last edited by Brain Daddy; -01-18-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: factual error

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard