Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

San Francisco and QB Alex Smith agree to contract terms

***** avoid holdout with Smith
    Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 15 minutes ago

The No. 1 pick in this year's draft will be in on time.

FOXSports.com has learned that the ***** have agreed to terms with their top pick, and the top overall selection, Utah quarterback Alex Smith. The deal exceeds the total the Giants gave to Eli Manning, last year's No. 1 pick.
    Smith's six-year contract is for $50 million and includes $24 million in bonus money, the most guaranteed money given to a rookie in the history of the NFL.

The signing of Smith is significant, as nearly every other draft pick has been waiting for the No. 1 pick's deal to get done in order to base their deals upon that contract.

Smith is expected to be the starting quarterback for the Niners this year ahead of last year's starter Tim Rattay and was signed to be the cornerstone for the next generation of ***** football.

Last year at Utah, Smith led the Utes to the first BCS bowl appearance in the school's history and guided them to a 35-7 rout of Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: San Francisco and QB Alex Smith agree to contract terms

Smith's six-year contract is for $50 million and includes $24 million in bonus money, the most guaranteed money given to a rookie in the history of the NFL.
    $24 million of guaranteed money (read: cap hit) for a kid that has never set foot on a professional field....now that is fiscal responsibility for you :tut .
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

Oh exactly, I am just waiting to see what happens, when the rams play the *****.

p.s That will be a good game to watch as Bulger and The rams will crush the dreaded *****.

Oh and I apologize for anything that wasn't agreed with.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

They showed some footage of Smith on ESPN with a helmet and no pads.

Is it me, or does he look exceedinly scrawny for an NFL QB?

I always thought Bulger was pushing the limit in terms of physique, but Marc is actually an inch shorter and 5 pounds heavier than Smith!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Why you give Smith more money than Eli Manning is beyond me. Then again, I guess they are desperate to have him in camp. Still, he's really not as good of a pro prospect as the younger Manning.

Now I'm interested to see what kind of numbers Aaron Rodgers is going to get. Days before the draft, it still wasn't locked as to who the Whiners were going to take between the two. Then Rodgers falls to #24. Should be interesting.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tank70 is offline Registered User

I remember reading that the Niners knew all along who they were going to pick. that they didn't want to tip their hand. playing behind farve it might be a while before rodgers gets playing time.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=NickSeiler]

Now I'm interested to see what kind of numbers Aaron Rodgers is going to get.

I'm going to be real interested what Matt Leinert gets by whoever drafts him.Damn look at my post number.911 at this time.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -07-26-2005 at 11:50 PM.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Here is an interesting question, how about the Rams next year trading up to get Leinhert?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Why? Marc Bulger is an established starting QB who knows the system and has a cap friendly contract.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Masspatsfan12
    Here is an interesting question, how about the Rams next year trading up to get Leinhert?
    Not going to happen.It woould scare the......out of me.beause,who would we have to let go in order to sign him.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

Hmmm, I wonder if it were us who had drafted Smith if people would be bashing the money amount of the deal or calling Smith scrawny and saying that he never has played pro ball (either has Barron by the way, we don't seem to knock him for it). Come on people. The convenient Ram friendly spin jobs are getting out of hand. A couple of friends of mine (Steeler fan, Lion fan) have vistited this board have been giving me so much crap for being a Ram fan cuz this board makes us all look ultra biased and as if we give the Rams a free pass and rip the heck out of everybody else. I'm tired of being a punch line!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Hmmm, I wonder if it were us who had drafted Smith if people would be bashing the money amount of the deal or calling Smith scrawny and saying that he never has played pro ball
    If the Rams drafted him, I'd rip him harder. If the niners want to spend "Eli+" money on "Eli-" talent, that's their business, but if the Rams had done that, I'd be livid! And the team that drafted him has nothing to do with his weight or experience, so yes, I for one would still consider him to be scrawny and inexperienced.
    A couple of friends of mine (Steeler fan, Lion fan) have vistited this board have been giving me so much crap for being a Ram fan
    So get new friends.
    I'm tired of being a punch line!
    Oh gosh, this is too easy...I'll leave this one alone.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by KurtWarner2005MVP
    Hmmm, I wonder if it were us who had drafted Smith if people would be bashing the money amount of the deal or calling Smith scrawny and saying that he never has played pro ball (either has Barron by the way, we don't seem to knock him for it). Come on people. The convenient Ram friendly spin jobs are getting out of hand. A couple of friends of mine (Steeler fan, Lion fan) have vistited this board have been giving me so much crap for being a Ram fan cuz this board makes us all look ultra biased and as if we give the Rams a free pass and rip the heck out of everybody else. I'm tired of being a punch line!
    I think you need to take a chill pill or take a holiday. :tut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast