throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LARAM is offline Registered User

Santonio Holmes foot didn't touch !

Am I the only one that doesn't think, Santonio Holmes's foot touched on that touchdown catch. I saw it from couple of angles and the way I saw it:

One foot touches, no question, but the second foot never touched. The toe on the second foot looked to be about 2 inches shy of the turf, quite possibly his toe got hung up on the cleets of his first foot........Did anyone see or notice this, am I the only one in America that saw this.

Not really sure that was the right call on the last Kurt Warner pass attempt either. It looked like a failed pass attempt to me...... Sort of looked like Kurt muscled his way through the swat and actually got the pass off. It looked like it should have been called a incomplete pass to me. Anyone agree with me on any of these two calls?

Oh well......doesn't really bother me one way or the other, But maybe I'm being a little impartial to Kurt .

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Santonio Holmes foot didn't touch !

IMO - it looked like holmes got both feet down.

Why on earth the final pass play from Warner was not reviewed is beyond me. I thought his arm was moving forward and that motion propelled the ball forward.

Once more the officiating comes into play at the end of a close superbowl game.

Too bad the arizona defense sucked for most of the game and when it was needed at the end of the game.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

It was a TD. Not even a close call.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Holmes made a spectacular catch while 3 Cardinal defenders watched. Even if he didn't actually get both feet down it was too close to overturn. No question it was the right call.

As far as the Warner fumble, I thought he did an amazing job just holding onto the ball and actually making a forward throw. That was a bad call, although it probably wouldn't have mattered much.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I thought it was a catch after review. For a moment it looked like the second toe was above ground, but then it seemed to touch as he came down.

Ahbalone Guest

I agree - from the sideline line view you can't see depth of the right toe as he fell. From the goal line view, his right toe stays wrapped slightly behind the left foot and actually levers upward as he fell - I don't think the right toe hits the turf.

DistantRam Guest

I don't think that his right toe touched the ground (he lands on his left toe and the right foot seems to get stuck behind the left foot) but the call was the right one as there was no incontrovertible evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.

Pittsburgh got every debatable call their way last night: the Rodgers-Cromartie facemask wasn't a personal foul under the new rulings; Dansby's late hit on Roethlisberger was completely unavoidable (how can he pull up in half a second?) and there was no hint of any intent on the roughing the holder call.

Even so, Arizona only have themselves to blame for losing that game and it boils down to whoever made the call to go for the slant pass which was intercepted by Harrison should be fired: you've got Larry Fitzgerald, probably the best player in the NFL right now at making TD grabs in congested areas (as he once again demonstrated later on) as a target and you ignore him completely? Madness.
    Last edited by DistantRam; -02-02-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Ahbalone Guest

Found a photo of both toes touching - but you can't see complete control of the ball yet...well it's history...Party On Steelers!

Ahbalone Guest

Here's a link to the toe touch - from the backside view - but did he have control? Good enough.
    Holmes goes from drug dealer to Super Bowl MVP - Breaking News - Sports - MiamiHerald.com

Right click your mouse and zoom in on the pic.
    Last edited by Ahbalone; -02-02-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Ahbalone Guest

Last edited by Ahbalone; -02-02-2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: duplicate

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

he did have control of the ball, i watched closely at that, and from the downfield angle it clearly showed both feet touching.

absolutely the correct call!
    as for the int return that should have been spotted at the 1 and the "fumble" at the end that showed forward arm momentum, both bad calls imo

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

That was the correct call, the int by Kurt proved to be costly. That's the one play that lost the game for the Cards.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The one question I thinks that's on everybodies mind is will they be back. Probably not.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Is sure looked like to me he got both down fairly easily. It was close on the other toe, but I really think you gotta give it to him.
    Forget about that though, how in the heck do 3 defenders let a guy slip behind them like that in that situation?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Holmes Holmes Holmes! I get a lot of Steelers games out this way, and it's nice to see him developing into such a great receiver. I think next year is going to be epic for him.

Yeah, he touched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast