15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

10 66.67%
  • Patriots

5 33.33%

Thread: Saturday's game

NyGiantz is offline Registered User

Saturday's game

As neutral fans, do you have a preference as to who wins this weekend between the Giants and Patriots? And if you do, why?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Saturday's game

I'll be honest I don't particularly care for Eli but I hate the Patriots.

C'mon Giants end the streak!!!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'll be honest I don't particularly care for Eli but I hate the Patriots.

C'mon Giants end the streak!!!!!
    Yep, Eli is a little cry baby that I have no respect for, but the Patriots are a classless, cheating, arrogant group that I hate with a passion.

The choice is a no brainer. Go Giants!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I want the Giants to win......scratch that, I could care less about a Giants win, but I do want a Patriots loss. You see, on my tv ESPN is channel 140 and TBS is channel 139. I like TBS, I watch TBS. And if the Patriots win, I don't want the full station climax on 140 to interfere with 139. It could get messy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't necessarily care, and honestly I don't think either the Pats or Giants really care. However, I hate the Dolphins back in the 70's worse than I hate the Patriots so in order for those Dolphins to get a life, I'll go for the Patriots.

Besides, I would rather see the Patriots go undefeated in the regular season then get knocked off in the playoffs, preferably the Super Bowl so most fans here can quit referring to the Patriots win against the Rams as the biggest upset in Super Bowl history. If the Patriots win Saturday, and go to the Super Bowl and lose, THAT would be the biggest upset.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

As much as I dislike Eli, I really dislike Brady. I hope Archie's genetics show up in this game and Eli makes Brady look like a whiny little brat...wait, he already looks like that. Maybe he can make him look like crap.

Go Gnats!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Tough call.. Whiny, spoiled, Archie's kid VS Bellycheat's club..... can there be a tie?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

rammiser is offline Registered User

The Giants will be my favorite team on Saturday. I am sick and tired of the season long climax ESPN is having over the Patriots, it's sickening. I mean no one points out that the Colts should have blown them out but for some reason the Colts went conservative in the second half of that game. Remember they were up by 14 and started to shut it down too soon obviousley. The Eagles had a good shot to win but for some reaon coach Reid thought Manning was his qb and threw one deep, too deep 20 yds over the wr's head and right into the arms of a pats db. The Ravens game was the most pathetic display of the NFL wanting to rake in fans and dollars by keeping the Pats undefeated. All of this is why I will root for the Giants not to mention the entire Patsies organization is so damn arrogant that it's plain gross. Unfortunately the Giants will be playing the Pats and the refs on the field and this will make it very difficult to win. Don't breathe on Brady or touch their wr's because the yellows will be flying all over the field in favor of the Pats. Thats ok though because the perfect matchup in the second round of the playoffs in the snow will be the Jaguars vs the Pats. The Jags running game will pound the Pats into submission and knock them from the playoffs. Go G-men and go any team playing the Pats.
    Just Fix It

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Thats ok though because the perfect matchup in the second round of the playoffs in the snow will be the Jaguars vs the Pats. The Jags running game will pound the Pats into submission and knock them from the playoffs. Go G-men and go any team playing the Pats.
    sigh

The biggest problem is that if the Pats don't win out, the old Dolphins can still boast the only perfect season.

I say let the old guys have their party!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm in the minority here, because I'm pulling for the Patriots to win. ...and I think they'll win big. Real big.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

NyGiantz is offline Registered User

Cmon guys you know you want some payback for that 2001 SB where you dominated and got screwed cuz the refs let the Pats get away with murder on Holt and Bruce.

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Yeah, That superbowl is a hurt that just won't go away, kinda like our season this year, I wish the Patriots had a tougher opponent, cause I really don't think Eli is gonna pull it off, and i think he is vastly over rated, probably because of his name, a lotof sizzle and no steak... as far as the Cards..this week.. my fav, kurt will probably wip up on us.. deservingly so...

I'm still pulling for the GIANTS to somehow detrone the Pats...:r

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NyGiantz View Post
    Cmon guys you know you want some payback for that 2001 SB where you dominated and got screwed cuz the refs let the Pats get away with murder on Holt and Bruce.
    Nah, not this Ram fan. We didn't lose that game because the ref's let the Cb's get away with murder. Although they did. We lost because we were severely out-coached. Our brainless coach at the time, Mr. Mike (aka; egomaniac) Martz wasn't smart enough to see what was happening, and failed to use our best weapon (Faulk) enough. The Patriots were outgunned and outmanned, and they knew it. They did what they had to, to win the game.

So, no, I have no animosity towards the Patriots because of that. They beat us in a game they had no busines of winning, because of our idiot coach.

Now, we could discuss my feelings about Mike Martz.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Thanks to Manning and the refs there looks like there is a few new records in the NFL.

WOW...that was a gimme for New England.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

True Justice: The Patriots losing in the first round of the playoffs and tarnishing their "perfect" season.