general counsel is offline Registered User

Schaub to detroit?

If you were the lions (my best friend is a huge lions fan), would you give up a #1 for matt schaub? How about a swap of #1's with atlanta and adding a #2?

There is no way atlanta can keep him long term. They would be tempted to get immediate help i would think.

Personally, i would MUCH rather have schaub then cutler, harrington is terrible and i bet schaub can be signed for reasonable money long term since he hasnt had a full time job yet.

This reminds me of when martz convinced the rams to to out and get trent green.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Schaub to detroit?

Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about the liklihood of the Lions trying to acquire Schaub earlier today in the car. I remember hearing how Martz wanted to get this guy in the draft but he went just before we selected. I'm not sure the Falcons really want to get rid of him, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Schaub to detroit?

I dont think the falcons want to get rid of him at all, i just think that they arent going to have any choice at some point. I believe he will be a free agent after next year (i may be a year off on that) and at that point they will lose some trading leverage. They cant possibly afford to keep him cap wise given that they have the 130 million dollar overated vick on the roster.

ramming speed to all

general counsel