Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    moklerman Guest

Schottenheimer equals kiss of death

I've never liked Marty as a HC and what makes it worse for fans of teams that he coaches is he is the equivilant of a kiss of death. You know you're poisoned and you're gonna die but you gotta wait it out. I feel sorry for SD fans after such a great season but I just knew that the 'Bolt's wouldn't advance(as a matter of fact, I went 4 for 4 this weekend. I'm a genius for a week!).

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Schottenheimer equals kiss of death

It makes me want to puke that they allowed the Patsies to comeback and win that game. Brady was playing a horrible game throwing 3 picks, and then when they end up winning the announcers won't stop talking about how great Brady is. /barf

It didn't help anything that on the Chargers last drive, Rivers looked lost trying to call a play after Gates 14 yard catch. Even worse was Gates horrible decision to stay in bounds and try for more yards after the 4 yard grab. Did he not see the 3 patsies there in front of him? Then with 8 seconds left instead of trying one last sideline pass to get into better FG range, they elect to go for the 54 yard FG and Kaeding blows it. Not surprising since it would have tied his career long.

I guess now I root for the Colts.

RamsFan16 Guest

Well lets just blame Nate Kaeding for missing a 54 yard field goal and losing the game.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I don't get it...twice they were closer and elected not to go for it...once on 4th and 11 and they go for the 1st and Rivers fumbles....next time they punt from the 38...who the heck punts from the 38??? Stupidhemier that's who.

moklerman Guest

"Ol Marty is the king of futility...actually, that may not be the best way to phrase it but he has 200 career regular season wins without a Superbowl appearance. That was pretty far in front of #2(Chuck Knox?).

BigDaddyPace Guest

I just knew that Marty was gonna choke but why did it have to be to the Patsies. Why did I take this game?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Ugh, I'm still in shock. As a big Charger fan and an even bigger Patriots hater, this one hurt. Schottenheimer must be cursed because the Chargers were definitely snakebitten today, AGAIN. That late interception then fumble by McCree was a killer, made worse by losing a time out as the result of a horrible challenge by Schottenheimer. Thanks Marty.

Guess it's time to jump on the rickety Bears bandwagon.:x

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The Bolt's choked, Marty is gone; the question is, will he be the new Faiders coach?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

You know what, I'm actually glad the Pats advanced. Because I'm anticipating their getting eliminated by a last-second field goal from Vinatieri against the Colts next weekend.

moklerman Guest

Good call, Nick. I've had this feeling that Indy is going to somehow get to the big one this year when no one really expected it. It seems..."seems" that Indy has figured out NE to some extent and this matchup is much better for them than facing SD would be.

I think the league is tired of having it's poster boy(I don't dislike Peyton by the way, it's just how it is) not get to the big one so I can easily see Indy maybe getting the close calls if needed. The tough one to call is Chicago vs. NO. Both are sentimental favorites but I think Chicago will have the advantage at home in bad weather. The reason I bring it up is because I don't really see an obvious subplot to any of the possible matchups that are left.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You know what, I'm actually glad the Pats advanced. Because I'm anticipating their getting eliminated by a last-second field goal from Vinatieri against the Colts next weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Good call, Nick. I've had this feeling that Indy is going to somehow get to the big one this year when no one really expected it. It seems..."seems" that Indy has figured out NE to some extent and this matchup is much better for them than facing SD would be.
    I hope you guys are right because if there's any coach poised to carry on Schottenheimer's legacy it's Tony Dungy.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

marty cant catch the ball, marty cant intercept the ball and acctually keep position of it like mcree didnt... this game was not his fault...

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    marty cant catch the ball, marty cant intercept the ball and acctually keep position of it like mcree didnt... this game was not his fault...
    Have to disagree,The lack of discipline cost his team(Bone-head Florence) and that is part of the HC's role..Also he wasted a Time-out on a review that everybody could clearly see was a fumble by McCree and would NEVER get overturned..With 8 seconds left he easily had time to to run a play to the sideline and give Kaeding a better chance to make the FG.So Marty has to take his fair share of blame,IMO Chargers should chase him,this is easily the best team he has had and he still can't win a play-off game..:l

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That would be SWEEEEEET!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    Have to disagree,The lack of discipline cost his team(Bone-head Florence) and that is part of the HC's role..Also he wasted a Time-out on a review that everybody could clearly see was a fumble by McCree and would NEVER get overturned..With 8 seconds left he easily had time to to run a play to the sideline and give Kaeding a better chance to make the FG.So Marty has to take his fair share of blame,IMO Chargers should chase him,this is easily the best team he has had and he still can't win a play-off game..:l
    I agree with everything except the wasted time-out review. In my opinion Marty called that challenge knowing he would lose it. He was trying to regroup and give the defense a bit of a rest. A challenge stops the game longer than a regular time out. I thought it was a smart move at the time.
    Of course the Chargers sure could have used that time out on their last drive of the game.:x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast