Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Schottenheimer equals kiss of death

:r

And on the other side of the spectrum.....

You have to marvel at how 'Lady Luck' has been in love with Belichick and the Pats.

:r

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

the chargers killed themseleves in that game with stupid penalties and poor ball handling

which in the end comes down to the coaching, especially the discipline side.

i also have to agree with Nick though, i can definitely see a last second Vinatieri FG being the talk of the Pats vs Colts game. Question is will he be repeating his heroics like he did as a Pat, or will he finally mess up now that he has moved on?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, I just heard on the radio that Marty will be back for another round of; "As the Chargers Choke".
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Marty messed up! I think the Chargers should have used Tomlinson *even more*, the Patriots had a lot of trouble stopping him, they went with a few too many pass plays with a rookie QB, plays that could have been screens or draws with Tomlinson IMO.

But the one critical point where the Chargers lost was when Marty decided to GO FOR IT on the Patriots 30 yard line on 4th and 11! What the hell?! That's a terrible decision, and then Kaeding ends up missing a 54 yarder, if Marty had given him the chance to kick that 48 yarder from the 30 yard line earlier he wouldn't have had to make that 54 yarder in the end, they would at least have gone to overtime. Insanely stupid IMO, Marty may have taken the critique of his conservative style a little too much to heart, you don't go for it on 4th and 11 on the 30 yard line, you just don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12