Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    109

    Scott Pioli hired by KC Chiefs

    Adam Schefter (NFL.COM)
    2/13/09

    Scott Pioli has been hired by the Chiefs. Also the Denver Broncos have signed Mike Nolan to a 2 year contract to fill the DC position.
    Last edited by laram0; -01-13-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Broncos hired Nolan not the Chiefs


  2. #2
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,665
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Scott Pioli hired by KC Chiefs

    Will Pioli want the Chiefs to switch to a 3-4? If so, kind of sucks for Dorsey.

    Also makes you wonder if he'll try to bring Cassel over.

  3. #3
    RAMarkable is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,098
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Scott Pioli hired by KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Adam Schefter (NFL.COM)
    2/13/09

    Scott Pioli has been hired by the Chiefs. Also the Denver Broncos have signed Mike Nolan to a 2 year contract to fill the DC position.
    Didn't he just take the same job that he had at New England? If so, why did the Patsies let him go? Was there a falling out between he and B. Bellicheat?

    WHAT SAY YE?

  4. #4
    KCRamFan's Avatar
    KCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Age
    41
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Scott Pioli hired by KC Chiefs

    I also wanted to add, and this is completely rumor at this point - I live in Kansas City and 610 sports radio said there were unconformed reports that Steve Spagnuolo interviewed with Chiefs owener Clark Hunt last week in Dallas and that he is currently in Kansas City meeting with Chiefs officials and possibly Piolo about the head coach position.

    Like I said, pure rumor at this point but it is being reported none the less. I just know he was wanted by many here on clanram.

  5. #5
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Scott Pioli hired by KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by KCRamFan View Post
    I also wanted to add, and this is completely rumor at this point - I live in Kansas City and 610 sports radio said there were unconformed reports that Steve Spagnuolo interviewed with Chiefs owener Clark Hunt last week in Dallas and that he is currently in Kansas City meeting with Chiefs officials and possibly Piolo about the head coach position.

    Like I said, pure rumor at this point but it is being reported none the less. I just know he was wanted by many here on clanram.
    The only thing that I've heard since the hiring of Pioli is that Herm Edwards is most likely out. (Satelite, NFL Talk)

    A potential replacment wasn't mentioned.

  6. #6
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Scott Pioli hired by KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Didn't he just take the same job that he had at New England? If so, why did the Patsies let him go? Was there a falling out between he and B. Bellicheat?

    WHAT SAY YE?
    Pioli wanted a position that allowed him more control. Pioli and Belichek have been very good friends for a long time and nothing has changed with this move.

Similar Threads

  1. RamView, 11/5/2006: Chiefs 31, Rams 17 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
  2. More coaches hired
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -01-29-2006, 03:33 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: -01-19-2006, 07:07 PM
  4. Chiefs trade LB Scott Fujita to Cowboys
    By Nick in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-04-2005, 02:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •