• 1 Post By BrokenWing

Thread: Seahawks' Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely

Rambos is offline Registered User

Seahawks' Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely

USA Today

Seahawks' Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely
    Tom Pelissero, USA TODAY Sports 10:23 a.m. EST December 19, 2013
    2013-11-25 Brandon Browner

The NFL has suspended Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner indefinitely for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, the league said in a statement Wednesday.

Browner, 29, technically is suspended for life based on his status in the drug program but can apply for reinstatement after one year, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the details were supposed to remain confidential.

His appeal was denied Wednesday, the person said, adding that Browner has the right to file a process appeal that would be heard by Commissioner Roger Goodell. Unless that succeeds, the earliest Browner could apply for reinstatement would be Dec. 18, 2014.

"Although I disagree with the circumstances surrounding my suspension, I accept responsibility for all of my actions and I apologize for any (sic) that causes any unflattering reflections of my family and the Seahawks," Browner wrote Wednesday night in a statement posted on his Twitter account. "I believe in my innocence and will continue to fight with all legal resources available to me to."

It appears likely this will end Browner's career with the Seahawks, who signed him to a three-year contract in January 2011 after he spent four years in the Canadian Football League. He made the Pro Bowl in his first year. In July, Browner received a modest raise to the last year of his deal.

Being suspended the final two games of this season will cost him $80,920 -- two game checks worth $65,294, plus two roster bonuses worth $15,626 for being on the 53-man roster.

Browner has missed the Seahawks' past four games with a groin injury. He served an unrelated four-game suspension for violating the performance-enhancing drug policy last year.

"I want to thank the Seahawks organization for the incredible opportunity they gave me when they took a chance on a player who was out of the NFL and playing in the CFL for 4 years," Browner wrote. "I also want to thank all of my teammates, coaches, trainers, staff and the 12's for their support, respect, and friendship and for helping me grow into the player, father, and person I am today. I have been treated with nothing but first class by everyone associated with the Seattle Seahawks and for that I am forever grateful."

The Seahawks (12-2) have gotten along fine without him and Walter Thurmond, whose four-game suspension for a substance-abuse violation ends Monday. They rank No. 1 in total defense and pass defense entering Sunday's home game against the Arizona Cardinals.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks' Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely

This team needs to be a case study for PEDs. Just way to many guys on them IMO.
    RamFan_Til_I_Die and gap like this.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks' Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely

I agree, I suspect something is up.
    RamFan_Til_I_Die likes this.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."