Haste is offline Registered User

Seahawks Browner likely suspended for a year.

The Seattle Seahawks' secondary is set to face another obstacle.NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported Monday that Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browneris facing a suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. The suspension is for one year, NFL Media's Albert Breer reported, per union sources. Browner has filed an appeal, per Breer, which has been heard. The Seahawks are ready to move on without Browner, per Silver.
    Silver previously reported that Browner was facing a suspension for performance-enhancing drugs, rather than substance abuse. We apologize for the error.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday thatSeahawks cornerback Walter Thurmond is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Thurmond is expected to drop an appeal of his suspension next week in order to return for the playoffs.

Browner also missed the final four games of last seasonfor violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. He's currently recovering from a groin injury and was not expected to be available until mid-December, coach Pete Carroll said last week.
    Silver reported that the Seahawks are trying to sign veteran Antoine Winfield to help replace Browner and Thurmond. He also reports that free-agent cornerback Perrish Cox is expected to visit Seattle for a tryout Tuesday. Rapoport reports that former Seahawk Marcus Trufant worked out for the team Monday.
    This suspension will end Browner's Seahawks career, according to Silver's sources. Browner's contract expires at the end of the season. Browner's agent declined comment to Silver, citing the confidentiality of the league's program.
    Silver reports that the topic has already been brought up in a recent team meeting. Center Max Unger and cornerback Richard Sherman addressed their teammates. The message: We're going to the Super Bowl. If any of you want to do this stuff, go ahead. You won't be coming with us.

This is huge.

Thoughts?

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

Re: Seahawks Browner likely suspended for a year.

I don't feel bad for them in the slightest bit. If it were an injury, that would be a different story.

Edit: Even though (potential) drug abuse is a serious issue and *that* I feel bad for him, if it's an abuse issue and a major problem, not just thinking he can do whatever he wants because he's on an NFL player...but ultimately, it's a choice. The Sea Hawks have the highest number of PED players in the league, something smells in Seattle.
    Last edited by BrokenWing; -11-26-2013 at 02:17 AM.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Randart is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks Browner likely suspended for a year.

He is a over rated player a corner that hits and ruffs up those he covers not good on deep routes but a good defender in tight spots and against the run due to his size. As a cover guy I never liked him, they can replace him with a safety imo. Sherman is their ball hawk with size but all the Sea Hags do the physical game to control recievers and get called for alot of PI's and holding cause that is how they play. Edgey stuff to say the least, Trufant if he can run would be better in coverage imho. Even though he is old, not sure about Winifield think he has slowed over the years too much due to injuries. They may not miss Browner as much as some think...