ramsbruce is online now Registered User

The Seahawks Could Be In For A Tough Time.

I think Seattle could be in trouble. All three teams left are fairly complete teams, and all have really good D. Seattle might have been better off matched up against the one dimensional Bears. The Panthers win on the road almost everywhere, they beat the Giants in NY, they just beat the Bears at home. They went 6-2 on the road this season. The Hawks caught a break by DeShaun Foster of the Panthers breaking his ankle, but can they shut down Smith and Delhomme?

The Hawks best chances to win went out the window when the Bears and Colts lost. The Bears are one dimensional, and the Colts have an extremely overrated D as proven by the Rams earlier this season, the Chargers, and by the Steelers yesterday. The Panthers, Broncos, and Steelers are all complete teams and could really take it to the Hawks.

If the Hawks want to win, they need to fix their special teams fast, get that Williams kid out of there because if they don't the Hawks are in trouble.

If I were a Hawks fan I would have felt more comfortable playing the Bears and then the Colts, rather than the teams that are left now.

It looks like all 4 teams are pretty evenly matched, so hopefully the games will be good.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: The Seahawks Could Be In For A Tough Time.

The Seahawks just keep winning in the face of weekly adversity. Nothing seems to shake them or slow them down. I don't think they necessarily have the best team, but they sure have the confidence and chemistry. They have the look of a team that knows they're going to win, and IMO, that's powerfull stuff.

Carolina may just be the team that has a tough time. We'll see.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Those are good points Mike,but i'll take the Panthers.
    I think the panthers are going to be to much for the hawks to handle.
    Its gonna be a great game,but I feel like it will be the Broncos and Carolina in the bowl,and who wins?
    dont know,but i'd put money on Denver.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Over here in Seahawks land we really would have preferred the Bears...their weaknesses matched up with our strengths really well. But we don't mind the Panthers either. It should be a great game, if we can just stop Steve Smith...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    The Seahawks just keep winning in the face of weekly adversity. Nothing seems to shake them or slow them down. I don't think they necessarily have the best team, but they sure have the confidence and chemistry. They have the look of a team that knows they're going to win, and IMO, that's powerfull stuff.

Carolina may just be the team that has a tough time. We'll see.
    As I read what you wrote (and I agree), it made me realize what a difference a year makes. Can you imagine having said anything like that about the Seahawks one year ago? I'm suddenly a firm believer in that whole "addition by subtraction" theory. You get some guys with a good attitude in there and it's amazing what you can do with "above average" talent.

I think they'll play tough. At this point, now that we're over the "no playoff wins in a million years" skid, I can be proud of this team win or lose. This team losing games is never what killed me, it was the losing games because of a lack of heart (see all three games against the Rams last year) that crushed me. This team did more than I could have expected last offseason. If they make (or even win) the Super Bowl, that's bonus.

And by the way RB, they did in fact get Williams out of there. Peter Warrick will be the punt returner this week. Hopefully that does the trick.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    And by the way RB, they did in fact get Williams out of there. Peter Warrick will be the punt returner this week. Hopefully that does the trick.
    Smart move.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    As I read what you wrote (and I agree), it made me realize what a difference a year makes. Can you imagine having said anything like that about the Seahawks one year ago?
    You're right, what a difference a year makes. Last year we were talking about the Seahawks not being able to win close games, player problems, the playoff hex, Hasselbeck not able to win big games and the whole Ram psych thing. To overcome all those obstacles in the face of numerous key injuries, is amazing IMO, especially on defense. If your defense continues to play inspired football, I like your chances to win it all.

Hodgins is offline Registered User

after seeing how lax seattle looked last week vs washington and remembering how alexander seems to dissapear in the playoffs in years past I gotta say that carolina will be too much for the hawks

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

rams2061 Guest

I believe the Panthers defense will stop the run and will make it to the Superbowl.

socalramfan is offline Registered User

Go Nfc West!!!!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by socalramfan
    Go Nfc West!!!!
    I'll second that (with the exception always being the **ers). The media always calls us a doormat and never gives us any credit or support (unless of course it is their beloved **ers). Stop Steve Smith and it's all gravy from there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...