Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Walrus is offline Registered User

Seahawks dealt huge injury blow

No one is confirming anything out of Seattle yet, but DT Marcus Tubbs injured his knee last night and Holmgren described it as "serious". Last year when Tubbs was injured Seattle's run defense went from a stingy 82 yds/gm to a sieve-like 147 yds/gm.

This is bad news for the Hawks. Of all the injuries last season, the only one that more negatively impacted the team was Hasselbeck. Our D went from respectable to bottom 10.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks dealt huge injury blow

Our sympathies for the loss of tubbs. He is truly an excellent player. I think the loss of alexander was highly significant last year for you guys, but you are the hawks fan and would know better than we would.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

I watched that game last night and saw Tubbs go down. It didn't look good, so hopefully it's not too bad.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Our sympathies for the loss of tubbs. He is truly an excellent player. I think the loss of alexander was highly significant last year for you guys, but you are the hawks fan and would know better than we would.
    The offensive line was in such bad shape last season that Alexander was largely ineffective prior to his injury. When Tubbs went out last season it was immediately devastating to the run defense. Marshall (d-coord) said Tubbs was the single most critical player to the success of Seattle's defense and Seattle's coaching staff lamented his loss virtually all season.

Seattle has a very talented group of DT's, but they all serve one-gap penetration roles while Tubbs was our big plugger...and a damn good one at that. This hurts.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I hate to see any player go down... they work their butts off to play on those fields and its a shame when it happens.

I didn't see the injury...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

This is why the preseason is a hold your breath, hide your eyes time of year. Having this happen in the 4th and final game must be a bitter pill to swallow. I hope it's not too serious.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    The offensive line was in such bad shape last season that Alexander was largely ineffective prior to his injury. When Tubbs went out last season it was immediately devastating to the run defense. Marshall (d-coord) said Tubbs was the single most critical player to the success of Seattle's defense and Seattle's coaching staff lamented his loss virtually all season.

Seattle has a very talented group of DT's, but they all serve one-gap penetration roles while Tubbs was our big plugger...and a damn good one at that. This hurts.
    Which begs the question: Why was he even playing at all? Especially a guy who is coming off a significant injury from the year before. Holmgren certainly knows better than that; I'm rather shocked that Tubbs wasn't sitting his fat butt right next to Mike's fat butt the entire night. Anyway, we at Clanram hope that it's not as serious as it looks right now.

WHAT SAY YE?

The idea was to get him a few snaps so he'd be up to game speed for week one. He had just come back from microfracture surgery to the other knee the previous week and with limited practice time available the Hawks were hoping preseason action would get him game-ready for the Bucs.

Unfortunately the man can't stay healthy.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

I've heard that this injury is suspected to be season ending. To bad for you guys, I hadn't really heard about any major injuries in the preseason this year for anyone, the Cardinal's tackle got hurt, but that was about it.

This kind of stuff is why the preseason needs to be shortened. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say Tubbs is kind of injury prone.

Jonze is offline Registered User

My sympathies, man! God I hate these preseason injuries. What's up with the four preseason games? Wouldn't it be better with two or three "training" games. I realise that it's important to work on timing, getting back in the game, and evaluating, but wouldn't two games be enough? (There would still be chances of injuries in these two games of course.)

Yes, he has been injury prone, which is frustrating. He's a tremendous talent, but talent can only get you so far if you can't stay healthy.

Results of the tests on his knee are supposed to be out later this afternoon, but it doesn't sound good.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

For the sake of his health, I hope he is ok. Injuries are such a crappy thing to go through, and luckily most of our players (and yours, that I know of besides Tubbs) have survived the pre-season. Wish the best of luck to you guys this year, except when you guys are playing us of course :P

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

prof22693 is offline Registered User

This is terrible. I hope by some miracle it's not as bad as we think, I can't stand seeing poeple get injured (esp. in the preseason).

My sympathies, man! God I hate these preseason injuries. What's up with the four preseason games? Wouldn't it be better with two or three "training" games. I realise that it's important to work on timing, getting back in the game, and evaluating, but wouldn't two games be enough? (There would still be chances of injuries in these two games of course.)
    I agree with Jonze for the most part. I still think preseason is important for the young players, but I like the idea of "training" games. I would hope guys don't go full speed. Yes it is important, I just hate to see this kind of thing happen. Maybe 3 or keep 4 preseason games. Unfortunately, injuries are just part of the game.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Seahawks DT Marcus Tubbs will miss the season with a torn ACL.

Here we go again. Tubbs is Seattle's best run defender, and his season-ending surgery last year spelled disaster for their defense. Now they are vulnerable again, and Tubbs is facing a long road back after microfracture surgery and a torn ACL in successive years. Rookie Brandon Mebane will likely fill in.
    Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Keenum is offline Registered User

Dang, that bites for the Hawks. I know he's gotta be upset, after working for all offseason, and now you're going to miss everything you work so hard for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast