RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Seahawks TE Stevens arrested for DUI, pot possession

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens was accused of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana after police stopped his car in downtown Scottsdale early Tuesday.

A Scottsdale patrol officer noticed the car traveling erratically and made the stop about 2:15 a.m.

Stevens, an unrestricted free agent after five seasons with Seattle, told the officer he had "four of five margaritas" at Salty Senorita, a downtown Scottsdale bar.

According to the police report, the officer smelled alcohol and noticed Stevens' eyes were "bloodshot and watery and half-closed. Spoke with slow, slurred speech."

As he got out of the vehicle, the report said, Stevens "dropped his cell phone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped to walk" toward the officer.

A second officer arrived and began a field sobriety test, but after Stevens "almost fell down" during the "walk-and-turn" test, the player declined to participate in any further testing.

Police said they found a "leafy green substance" believed to be marijuana in Stevens' pocket.

Stevens refused a breathalyzer test and declined to give a blood sample until police obtained a warrant about 5 a.m., the report said. Stevens was booked and posted bail and an initial court appearance was set for April 2. The blood test results haven't yet been released.

Stevens has had other run-ins with the law.

In June 2003, he pleaded guilty to reckless driving in a plea deal after being stopped in the Seattle suburb of Medina on investigation of drunken driving. He got a two-day jail sentence for that offense.

He received another five days in jail for violating his probation after he drove into a nursing home in 2000 in a hit-and-run case. Stevens was a student at Washington at the time of that incident.

The 6-foot-7, 265-pound player was a first-round draft pick by the Seahawks, the 28th selection overall, in 2002. He had a career-best 45 catches for 554 yards, a record for Seattle tight ends, in the Seahawks' 2005 Super Bowl season.

Last season, Stevens caught 22 passes for 231 yards and four touchdowns.
    Many of you may already know this, but I personally can't stand this arrogant jerkoff, and wanted to make a new thread to ridicule him in.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Seahawks TE Stevens arrested for DUI, pot possession

As he got out of the vehicle, the report said, Stevens "dropped his cell phone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped to walk" toward the officer.
    Sounds like a typical Jerramy Stevens move.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Nice. LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think Seahawk fans will be shedding many tears when Stevens isn't playing in Seattle this year.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I don't think Seahawk fans will be shedding many tears when Stevens isn't playing in Seattle this year.
    I'm not so sure of that Mike, even though he is a screw up, when he's on, he's on, and he's a lot better than what they have now, and most likely better than anyone they will draft this year anyways. I think Hass and the Hawks will miss him more than they know. Just my 2 cents.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Wow...he has some problems....he drove into a nursing home :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I'm not so sure of that Mike, even though he is a screw up, when he's on, he's on, and he's a lot better than what they have now, and most likely better than anyone they will draft this year anyways. I think Hass and the Hawks will miss him more than they know. Just my 2 cents.
    We'll see ramsbruce, but his drops are as infamous as his antics with the Seattle faithful.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Seriously this guy can't behave. What's not mentioned in this article is that he was arrested for drugging and raping a woman although the charges were later dropped. Before that he was in trouble for smashing somebody with a baseball bat. Pretty serious offenses even before he started to get drunk and blowed and then drive.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    HAHAH Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Tim Ruskell in an interview stated that they already notified Steven's agent that they are going in a different direction and have no intention of re-signing him.
    "We were facing the No. 1 offense in the National Football League", Vitt said.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk_For_Life View Post
    Tim Ruskell in an interview stated that they already notified Steven's agent that they are going in a different direction and have no intention of re-signing him.
    How do you and other Seahawk fans feel about that?

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    How do you and other Seahawk fans feel about that?
    I feel disappointed he never lived up to his potential. He's a rare athlete, with the size and speed, he has the ability to take over a game. There's no physical reason he cannot be a Top 5 tight end in this league. But we'd usually only see him bring his A game 2 or 3 times a year. I think a big part of it his lack of maturity and work ethic. He had no consistency from week to week, factor in that, with the attitude, and all the off the field issue's.... I'm glad to see him go. There's no place on this team for guys like him. Tim Ruskell is building a team of high character, hard working, professionals.

If you want to know a little more about Stevens, check out this story:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rodeur16m.html
    "We were facing the No. 1 offense in the National Football League", Vitt said.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk_For_Life View Post
    I feel disappointed he never lived up to his potential. He's a rare athlete, with the size and speed, he has the ability to take over a game. There's no physical reason he cannot be a Top 5 tight end in this league. But we'd usually only see him bring his A game 2 or 3 times a year. I think a big part of it his lack of maturity and work ethic. He had no consistency from week to week, factor in that, with the attitude, and all the off the field issue's.... I'm glad to see him go. There's no place on this team for guys like him. Tim Ruskell is building a team of high character, hard working, professionals.

If you want to know a little more about Stevens, check out this story:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rodeur16m.html
    Thanks for the link. This guy is just a waste of talent and a trouble magnet on and off the field. I'm sorry to see him leave Seattle.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, the Rams did make him an All-Pro for one game two years ago.

Tragic story that tends to crop up far too many times with athletes, or people in general.