Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User

The Seahawks Are Underdogs In The SB

The more I see the Steelers, the more I think they can dominate the Hawks. The Steelers have been on a roll and there last few regular season games were also playoff games to them. Where as the Hawks already had it locked up.

The Steelers have the momentum going into this game and they beat better teams to get there. The Steelers beat the #1, 2, and 3 seeds in the AFC playoffs which is amazing in itself, that coupled with the AFC being a much stronger conference then the NFC, I see the Steelers taking it all.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: The Seahawks Are Underdogs In The SB

One trend that plays against the Seahawks is the "momentum" factor. Since 2000, only the 2002 Bucs have won the Super Bowl, though having less of a win streak than their opponent. Here's the recent Super Bowl teams and their respective win streaks going into the Super Bowl:

2000 - Baltimore 10, Giants 7
    2001 - NE Pats 9, Rams 8
    2002 - Tampa 3, Oakland 4
    2003 - NE Pats 14, Carolina 6
    2004 - NE Pats 4, Philly 2

2005 - Pitt 7, Seattle 2

Unless the Hawks can pull a '02 Bucs, the momentum factor has the Steelers winning this one.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The Seahawks have been fighting adversity and doubt all year, why should the Super Bowl be any different? I thought the Seahawks were the most resiliant, confident, complete "team" going into the playoffs, and I still see it that way. They completely dominated a very good Carolina team that most thought would walk all over them. Looks like the only way they'll get any respect, is to win it all.

The Seahawk defense is wreaking havoc with any opponent that gets in their way, and they now have the confidence in knowing they can win on the shoulders of Hasselbeck or Alexander, guys that have both shown this year that they are no longer post season no shows.

The way I see it, Seattle has battled demons and adversity all year, and as a result is the more mentally tough team, which will be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    The Seahawk defense is wreaking havoc with any opponent that gets in their way
    The thing is the Hawks haven't played anyone as tough as Pitt. The NFC was extremely weak this year. Pitt has the momentum and has shown in the last 2 games that they aren't just a running team anymore and that makes them real dangerous.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

It should be a good game. We have two quaterbacks that will be experiencing this for the first time. It may come down to who makes the fewer mistakes at that position. I believe that Pittsburgh has the advantage at defense, and that should be the edge to get them the win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The thing is the Hawks haven't played anyone as tough as Pitt. The NFC was extremely weak this year. Pitt has the momentum and has shown in the last 2 games that they aren't just a running team anymore and that makes them real dangerous.
    Fair points. I think it will be a good matchup though, I don't see the Steelers dominating. The Seahawks may not have played as difficult a schedule, but they sure have fought through more difficulties and adverse circumstances. They've done it in convincing fashion lately too.

The way they have been able to back each other up and pick up the slack when someone goes down has been amazing IMO. They impressed me during the season but really showed me something when Alexander went down against Washington and didn't miss a beat. Hasselbeck is no longer the guy that will throw an interception at a critical moment, he's a guy that can now take over a game and win it on his own.

I like the Seahawks to win it all as a more battle tested, confident team. They have the look of a group that will not be denied.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am going to hope that it is a close game. Both of the games this weekend were not all that interesting. The defenses played well for both Seattle and Pittsburgh. I hope they match up well in the Super Bowl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Go Steelers!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Rams will be there in Jan/Feb 2007
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Seahawks Are Underdogs In The SB-04winning_td.jpg  
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I am hoping for a Steelers victory and a ring for Bettis, I think it's going to be a good game and Pittsburgh seems to be moving full steam ahead here. And a little side note I just hope my numbers come up in my superbowl football pools as well!!!!!!

DanS761 is offline Registered User

HAHA this is setting up perfectly for the Seahawks!!!

Nobody thinks they will win. Everything that everyone said we wouldnt do, we've done. Seahawks are playing at such a high level right now. And whats this momentum talk? The Hawks have won 14 out of the last 15 games. Thats amazing. People think the Steelers will win just cause its a popularity contest.

Seahawks 27
    Steel 13

Has nothing to do with a popularity contest, not sure how you come up with that.

The Steelers have the momentum because they have been playing for their playoff lives since the were 7-5 in the reg season.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The Steelers only lost one regular season game last year, but that did not protect them in the playoffs. I would not be counting on number of wins to mean much of anything now. The Super Bowl is all about the present. Nothing else matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    And whats this momentum talk?
    The "momentum talk" is from the fact that 4 out of the last 5 super bowl winners have been the team with more consecutive wins coming into the game.

It's just a stat, dude, nothing to get worked up over. Personally, I don't understand the lack of respect being given the Seahawks by the media. Some have already wrapped this game up for the Steelers, which I don't understand. These same media types just got burned doing the exact same thing with the Rose Bowl. I'm rather surprised that would be so quick to look that bad again.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DanS761 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Has nothing to do with a popularity contest, not sure how you come up with that.

The Steelers have the momentum because they have been playing for their playoff lives since the were 7-5 in the reg season.

Sure it is. There are a lot more Steeler fans then Hawk fans especially in the media. I'm sure if we were the NY Giants with the ame players, people would give us a good chance of winning. Its that we are the Seahawks. You cant argue stats

Beating Detroit and Cleveland and similar teams isnt as hard as it seems. Yes they've played very good football last part of the season no matter who they beat but the fact is the Seahawks have won 14 of the passed 15 games. Thats momentum also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast