Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Seahawks Are Underdogs In The SB

Quote Originally Posted by DanS761
    Sure it is. There are a lot more Steeler fans then Hawk fans especially in the media. I'm sure if we were the NY Giants with the ame players, people would give us a good chance of winning. Its that we are the Seahawks. You cant argue stats

Beating Detroit and Cleveland and similar teams isnt as hard as it seems. Yes they've played very good football last part of the season no matter who they beat but the fact is the Seahawks have won 14 of the passed 15 games. Thats momentum also.
    I would add that the 1 loss in that streak was against GB, when the Seahawks pulled many of their starters early. As I mentioned before, the Seahawks will only get repect if they win it all, which they are more than capable of doing.

DanS761 is offline Registered User

i agree r8. The only way they will get a little more respect is if they win. Even with a win I can see the headlines now "Steelers lose", "Steelers have of day" "Seahawks get lucky win"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

i agree r8. The only way they will get a little more respect is if they win. Even with a win I can see the headlines now "Steelers lose", "Steelers have of day" "Seahawks get lucky win"
    You're probably right, Dan. Cowher will be drug through the mud for losing to the "underdog" Seahawks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DanS761 is offline Registered User

so guys are you cheering for the Steelers? or Hawks? If the Rams were in the SB i'd sure as hell cheer for them. Alhough we are in the same division when 1 of us makes it we should cheer for that team. Thats just the way i think though.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

so guys are you cheering for the Steelers? or Hawks? If the Rams were in the SB i'd sure as hell cheer for them. Alhough we are in the same division when 1 of us makes it we should cheer for that team. Thats just the way i think though.
    Well, I'm in the vast minority rooting for the Seahawks. I have a few reasons like respect for the NFC West, but it's mainly because before the season, I had a lot of battles with Seattle fans and I pretty much discounted the Seahawks as a perpetual group of losers who were no where near getting over the hump. They proved me wrong in a convincing and overwelming way, so I feel obligated to throw my support their way. Hopefully, I'll never have to do it again!

I've said it here before....I've even said it over at seahawks.net......I'm rooting for the Seahawks. I can copy of paste my 5 reasons that I posted last week, but I'll save everyone the bandwidth.

Bottomline: I'm rooting for the Seahawks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Well, I'm in the vast minority rooting for the Seahawks.
    Ahh, this calls for a POLL!!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Sure it is. There are a lot more Steeler fans then Hawk fans especially in the media. I'm sure if we were the NY Giants with the ame players, people would give us a good chance of winning. Its that we are the Seahawks. You cant argue stats

Beating Detroit and Cleveland and similar teams isnt as hard as it seems. Yes they've played very good football last part of the season no matter who they beat but the fact is the Seahawks have won 14 of the passed 15 games. Thats momentum also.
    Well for me and any knowledgeable football fan it's not a popularity contest, so what fairweather fans and media say doesn't affect how I think about the game.

Sure Seattle has some momentum, I still think the Steelers have more momentum, they beat the #1,2,3 seeds in the playoffs all road games of course. I'm not taking anything away from Seattle I just think Pitt has more going for them heading into this game, who knows I have been wrong once or twice before. LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12