Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,876
    Rep Power
    154

    Sean Taylor spitting

    Here's the video...

    http://media.putfile.com/Taylor-edit29

    Still don't know why Pittman wasn't flagged. Whenever a guy retaliates to a punch with his own punch, he's always flagged.

    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  2. #2
    RamsFan16 Guest

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Ya that was a bad call.. Pittman shoudl have been ejected also since the ref didn't have any proof.

  3. #3
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,814
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Wow, I said in an earlier thread that I thought Taylor might not have spit on purpose or might not have spit at all from the one replay I saw on gameday.

    So I was dead wrong according to this video. I'm not surprised because Taylor is unstable.

    The thing that bothers me more than the spitting and Pittman not getting ejected is Taylor's fine. He is only getting fined $17,000 for this. I'm curious if anyone remembers what fine Bill Romanoski got when he spit in JJ Stokes face.

    Taylor should be fined $200,000 and be suspended for one game. That would eliminate this spitting crap.

    The bigger problem for me is that the NFL fined Clinton Portis $20,000 earlier this year for wearing the wrong colored socks, and Taylor only gets $17,000? What a joke the NFL is, pathetic really.

    Oh and Portis and whoever wants to wear different colored shoes or socks, should grow up, and if they feel like throwing money away, instead of getting fined they should donate what they would be fined to some charities.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  4. #4
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Taylor is such a talent, and such a jerk. Its a shame.

  5. #5
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    You an do a lot of things on a football field, but spitting is up there with the most contemptible.

    Just as an aside, there's a guy in the English Premier League called El Hadji Diouf who spat at an opposing player, and the country vilified him for it. He acted suitably contrite and said he'd never do it again, but since then he's spat at more opposing players, his own and opposing fans in the stadium, and fans in the street.

    It seems to me that it's compulsive for some guys, and like Romanowski points to something deeper that's really wrong with them.

  6. #6
    talkstoangels61 Guest

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Pittman didn't deserve anything. I was glad to see a ref finally not get someone for that kind of ignorance! Pittman didn't look to me as if he were really trying to hurt the guy,just letting him know that he wasn't taking that kind of **** from him. I would have done the same thing. there's no place for this kind of **** on the field! Just wonder what everyone here would be saying if it were one of our guys say Marshall or Marc or for that matter anyone of our guys?

  7. #7
    talkstoangels61 Guest

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Here's the video...

    http://media.putfile.com/Taylor-edit29

    Still don't know why Pittman wasn't flagged. Whenever a guy retaliates to a punch with his own punch, he's always flagged.

    Nic, maybe because the ref was almost spit on as the video said! Usually the refs claim they don't see the first punch so they always or usually go after the last guy throwing the punch.

  8. #8
    Jack_Youngblood Guest

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Wow, I said in an earlier thread that I thought Taylor might not have spit on purpose or might not have spit at all from the one replay I saw on gameday.

    So I was dead wrong according to this video. I'm not surprised because Taylor is unstable.

    The thing that bothers me more than the spitting and Pittman not getting ejected is Taylor's fine. He is only getting fined $17,000 for this. I'm curious if anyone remembers what fine Bill Romanoski got when he spit in JJ Stokes face.

    Taylor should be fined $200,000 and be suspended for one game. That would eliminate this spitting crap.

    The bigger problem for me is that the NFL fined Clinton Portis $20,000 earlier this year for wearing the wrong colored socks, and Taylor only gets $17,000? What a joke the NFL is, pathetic really.

    Oh and Portis and whoever wants to wear different colored shoes or socks, should grow up, and if they feel like throwing money away, instead of getting fined they should donate what they would be fined to some charities.
    The ref didn't eject Pittman because when Taylor spit, it nearly landed on the ref. That ref didn't care that Pittman retaliated because he was involved in Taylor's unsportsmanlike conduct.

  9. #9
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,814
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Sean Taylor spitting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Youngblood
    The ref didn't eject Pittman because when Taylor spit, it nearly landed on the ref. That ref didn't care that Pittman retaliated because he was involved in Taylor's unsportsmanlike conduct.
    I know why he didn't, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have ejected Pittman. Pittman swung at the guys head, the rule is immediate ejection. The rule isn't well if someone spits then it's ok to swing at someones head.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •