Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Sean Taylor spitting

Here's the video...

http://media.putfile.com/Taylor-edit29

Still don't know why Pittman wasn't flagged. Whenever a guy retaliates to a punch with his own punch, he's always flagged.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Sean Taylor spitting

Ya that was a bad call.. Pittman shoudl have been ejected also since the ref didn't have any proof.
    RamsFan16

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Wow, I said in an earlier thread that I thought Taylor might not have spit on purpose or might not have spit at all from the one replay I saw on gameday.

So I was dead wrong according to this video. I'm not surprised because Taylor is unstable.

The thing that bothers me more than the spitting and Pittman not getting ejected is Taylor's fine. He is only getting fined $17,000 for this. I'm curious if anyone remembers what fine Bill Romanoski got when he spit in JJ Stokes face.

Taylor should be fined $200,000 and be suspended for one game. That would eliminate this spitting crap.

The bigger problem for me is that the NFL fined Clinton Portis $20,000 earlier this year for wearing the wrong colored socks, and Taylor only gets $17,000? What a joke the NFL is, pathetic really.

Oh and Portis and whoever wants to wear different colored shoes or socks, should grow up, and if they feel like throwing money away, instead of getting fined they should donate what they would be fined to some charities.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Taylor is such a talent, and such a jerk. Its a shame.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

You an do a lot of things on a football field, but spitting is up there with the most contemptible.

Just as an aside, there's a guy in the English Premier League called El Hadji Diouf who spat at an opposing player, and the country vilified him for it. He acted suitably contrite and said he'd never do it again, but since then he's spat at more opposing players, his own and opposing fans in the stadium, and fans in the street.

It seems to me that it's compulsive for some guys, and like Romanowski points to something deeper that's really wrong with them.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Pittman didn't deserve anything. I was glad to see a ref finally not get someone for that kind of ignorance! Pittman didn't look to me as if he were really trying to hurt the guy,just letting him know that he wasn't taking that kind of **** from him. I would have done the same thing. there's no place for this kind of **** on the field! Just wonder what everyone here would be saying if it were one of our guys say Marshall or Marc or for that matter anyone of our guys?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Here's the video...

http://media.putfile.com/Taylor-edit29

Still don't know why Pittman wasn't flagged. Whenever a guy retaliates to a punch with his own punch, he's always flagged.

Nic, maybe because the ref was almost spit on as the video said! Usually the refs claim they don't see the first punch so they always or usually go after the last guy throwing the punch.

Jack_Youngblood is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Wow, I said in an earlier thread that I thought Taylor might not have spit on purpose or might not have spit at all from the one replay I saw on gameday.

So I was dead wrong according to this video. I'm not surprised because Taylor is unstable.

The thing that bothers me more than the spitting and Pittman not getting ejected is Taylor's fine. He is only getting fined $17,000 for this. I'm curious if anyone remembers what fine Bill Romanoski got when he spit in JJ Stokes face.

Taylor should be fined $200,000 and be suspended for one game. That would eliminate this spitting crap.

The bigger problem for me is that the NFL fined Clinton Portis $20,000 earlier this year for wearing the wrong colored socks, and Taylor only gets $17,000? What a joke the NFL is, pathetic really.

Oh and Portis and whoever wants to wear different colored shoes or socks, should grow up, and if they feel like throwing money away, instead of getting fined they should donate what they would be fined to some charities.
    The ref didn't eject Pittman because when Taylor spit, it nearly landed on the ref. That ref didn't care that Pittman retaliated because he was involved in Taylor's unsportsmanlike conduct.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Youngblood
    The ref didn't eject Pittman because when Taylor spit, it nearly landed on the ref. That ref didn't care that Pittman retaliated because he was involved in Taylor's unsportsmanlike conduct.
    I know why he didn't, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have ejected Pittman. Pittman swung at the guys head, the rule is immediate ejection. The rule isn't well if someone spits then it's ok to swing at someones head.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE