LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Seattle Looks Good in Pre-Season Opener

or was San Diego unconcerned? Seahags scored on their first drive (statement) and scored a quick TD. And a little taunt n' dance by Branch.

Still they gave up 124 yrds rushing. I know its just pre-season which leads to my question. Seattle Looks Good in Pre-Season Opener or San Diego unconcerned?

Are we worried? Madden said they are the best in the NFC.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Seattle Looks Good in Pre-Season Opener

Madden tends to talk great about who is on TV at that time, so I wouldn't buy it just yet.
    Seneca Wallace had a NICE TD pass to Ben Obomanu late in the game.
    But it's just the first preseason game, and they didn't face L.T. I think you learn more in the 2nd and 3rd games than in the others.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    its just pre-season.
    That's all there is to it. Ask me again after week 4 or so of the regular season, then we'll have a better feel for how teams will do for the year. Unless you're the Rams...then you'll tank and miss the playoffs.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

I think they will be better than we think, I mean we do have a little bias being Rams fans. I'm not saying they will be better than us, but they will be pretty good.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    I think they will be better than we think, I mean we do have a little bias being Rams fans. I'm not saying they will be better than us, but they will be pretty good.
    Right. I don't need a preseason game to tell me that. The Seahawks are a very good team. Even minus their best players they beat us twice last year. That says alot about how just how good of a team and coaching staff they have.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Right. I don't need a preseason game to tell me that. The Seahawks are a very good team. Even minus their best players they beat us twice last year. That says alot about how just how good of a team and coaching staff they have.
    Very true, though we were going through our fair share of coaching/system changes, they are a very good team and very balanced, that's why many people are picking them to go far, though I think this year we will close the gap on them. They are balanced, so we must prove to the media that our defense can step-up.

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

I couldn't agree with you guys more about it just being pre-season.....and I'm a Hawk Fan (and frequent lurker here)!!!

Seriously though, while I'm encouraged with what we were able to do last night against San Diego's first team defense, you really can't put too much into the preseason - just look at the Colt's record over the last 2 pre-seasons - they went like 1-7 in those two years in the pre-season and then went out and won most of their regular season games those two years and won the Super Bowl last year.

In short, it is a good time to try a lot of things situationally, but if your team went 0-4 you shouldn't be looking for bridges to jump off of. (And I know you guys won the other day...just using this as an example).

I AM looking forward to 2 more knock down, drag out Seahawks vs Rams games again this year and also look forward to some friendly banter with you guys as those games approach.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_CW View Post
    I couldn't agree with you guys more about it just being pre-season.....and I'm a Hawk Fan (and frequent lurker here)!!!

Seriously though, while I'm encouraged with what we were able to do last night against San Diego's first team defense, you really can't put too much into the preseason - just look at the Colt's record over the last 2 pre-seasons - they went like 1-7 in those two years in the pre-season and then went out and won most of their regular season games those two years and won the Super Bowl last year.

In short, it is a good time to try a lot of things situationally, but if your team went 0-4 you shouldn't be looking for bridges to jump off of. (And I know you guys won the other day...just using this as an example).

I AM looking forward to 2 more knock down, drag out Seahawks vs Rams games again this year and also look forward to some friendly banter with you guys as those games approach.

Exactly. Preseason records mean nothing. If any member of the Clan thought the Seahawks would suddenly disappear into the night, they're fooling themselves. The Hawks are good. Real good. You don't win the division year after year by accident. And I fully expect the Hawks to be better than last year. Unseating them will be not be easy for the Rams, or any other team in the West.

Not all coaches and players approach the preseason the same way. I would expect that teams with bad win/loss records the previous year tend to put a little more emphasis on winning in the following preseason, just to get the taste of winning as a psychological tactic with their players. Conversely, I see teams that are good, and confident, take a little more "who cares" approach. Also, what you see in the preseason (offensive playcalling and defensive tactics like blitz schemes) is so watered down that it's impossible to gage a teams strengths (or weakness) solely on their performance in these meaningless games.

Bottomline, the games mean little to nothing, except to get rookies and newcomers a chance to hit someone else. If I had my way, I'd eliminate at least two of the four preseason games.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Lightbulb Re: Seattle Looks Good in Pre-Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Exactly. Preseason records mean nothing. If any member of the Clan thought the Seahawks would suddenly disappear into the night, they're fooling themselves. The Hawks are good. Real good. You don't win the division year after year by accident. And I fully expect the Hawks to be better than last year. Unseating them will be not be easy for the Rams, or any other team in the West.

Not all coaches and players approach the preseason the same way. I would expect that teams with bad win/loss records the previous year tend to put a little more emphasis on winning in the following preseason, just to get the taste of winning as a psychological tactic with their players. Conversely, I see teams that are good, and confident, take a little more "who cares" approach. Also, what you see in the preseason (offensive playcalling and defensive tactics like blitz schemes) is so watered down that it's impossible to gage a teams strengths (or weakness) solely on their performance in these meaningless games.

Bottomline, the games mean little to nothing, except to get rookies and newcomers a chance to hit someone else. If I had my way, I'd eliminate at least two of the four preseason games.
    Yep, preseason is essentially meaningless except for the rookies/young players/people fighting for jobs. I would take away one game of the preseason but not two; it is still an integral part of a player's development.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_CW View Post

IMO, all the games within the NFC West are going to be entertaining and very competitive.

Cards vs Whiners
    Cards vs Rams
    Cards vs Seahawks

Whiners vs Rams
    Whiners vs Seahawks

Seahawks vs Rams

Home or away these games are going to be great.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    IMO, all the games within the NFC West are going to be entertaining and very competitive.

Cards vs Whiners
    Cards vs Rams
    Cards vs Seahawks

Whiners vs Rams
    Whiners vs Seahawks

Seahawks vs Rams

Home or away these games are going to be great.
    I always love the Rams v. Hawks games. They are always nailbiters. Likely settled by a field goal at the end of regulation as time expires. They are real great football games that give you are heart attack every time you watch them. They are heartbreakers if you come out on the wrong end. And most of the time, they decide who leads the division. Given a few more of those great close games...it will be a great rivalry. Right now...it's a great mutual respect. Plus when we play the Rams, I get to talk to Rams fans a lot, and they know their football (even if they do cheer for the wrong team) and they have lots of good football discussion. It's a fun week.

I hate playing the Niners..cause we have to listen to those annoying fans all week. And all they can bring up is...how many Super Bowls have you won? That's all they can say. never any good discourse on the strengths and weaknesses of their team. Just the standard living in the past smack. And it's boring.

I would mention the Cardinal's fans...but I don't think they have any.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr View Post
    I hate playing the Niners..cause we have to listen to those annoying fans all week. And all they can bring up is...how many Super Bowls have you won? That's all they can say. never any good discourse on the strengths and weaknesses of their team. Just the standard living in the past smack. And it's boring.

I would mention the Cardinal's fans...but I don't think they have any.

True, Whiner fans are much like their cross-bay rival, the Jokeland Faiders. Every conversation, no matter the topic, always ends in "yeah, but we won X rings". It's a weak statement, unless you like to live in the past.

But the Cardinal comment, very funny.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Hawks had Hasslebeck and Alexander out for 4-5 games last year. With Dion Branch, they are solid.

I don't know why everyone is picking the Cowboy's in the NFC, I would probably pick the Hawks over the Cowboys.

As for the Rams, we're one of those 8-8 teams that is hopeful that some of our draft picks will come through, and crossing our fingers on the fact that our defense will have one more year in the same system, etc... for this all to come together. Unfortunately, that and a quarter will get your a phone call.

It could happen, but I'm sure that's what Arizona and SF are thinking as well, which is why the Hawks are ranked above the rest of the teams in the NFC west. They just need to stay healthy and in theory should be even better than last year, not that they are that superior, just that they know what they have, we don't.

We need to stay healthy AND have a bunch of other things come together, which lowers our odds.