Thread: Shaun Alexander

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Shaun Alexander

Shaun Alexander is a great back, but he's got to be the biggest goofball in the NFL. No offence to our Seahawk friends, but his television interviews, like his MNF promo, are embarrassing to watch. Being in the limelight is not his specialty.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Shaun Alexander

But boy can that man run the football.

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

I'm one of those Seahawks fans who likes to lurk on your board - I've got to agree on this one.....great back, great skills, great eyes for holes, but damn if he isn't more than a bit weird off the field.....He's quite religious and previous to this year the knock on him was that he wasn't a very good practice player-he felt his talent was God Given so coaches felt thta he thought that he didn't really see the need to practice that hard. They were always trying to tell him how much better he'd be if he became a better practice player. I think that has happened this year

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's pretty evident that SA want's to be one of those guys with that demostrative media "star power" presence, but he just can't pull it off and ends up looking kind of dorky. He'll just have to settle for letting his on-field play do the talking, which serves him quite well.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

He's a great guy though. I've met him a few times down here in Alabama and you wont meet a nicer guy. I personally think that Chad Johnson often looks like he's trying far too hard to think of a joke when he's on t.v. It doesnt really come natural like when I see guys like Michael Strahan. Yet, Johnson is a media darling. Go figure.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

socalramfan is offline Registered User

Believe me if their is any Seahawk who is not a good player off field if you ask me my vote goes to Ken (the hammer) Hamlin. The guy just keeps getting his #&% kicked in bar fights. Give up dude! You may hit hard on a football field but you sure take the hard hits off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    But boy can that man run the football.
    I agree completely what the hell happened to Alexander how come he has been so average in the past and then all of the sudden he rushes for more yards than anybody in the nfl? are the backs getting worse? Is it because running QBs are getting more popular i dont get it?

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by socalramfan
    I agree completely what the hell happened to Alexander how come he has been so average in the past and then all of the sudden he rushes for more yards than anybody in the nfl? are the backs getting worse? Is it because running QBs are getting more popular i dont get it?

Average in the past? Are you new to the NFL?

Year-Yards-Ave.-Rush Td's-Total Td's
    2001 1318 4.3 14 16
    2002 1175 4.0 16 18
    2003 1435 4.4 14 16
    2004 1696 4.8 16 20
    2005 1496 4.9 23 23(so far)

-NFL-record five straight seasons with 15 touchdowns
    -Franchise record for the most rushing yards in the Seattle Seahawks' history

I only posted two records that showed his sustained production to counter your point, that he was "average" before this year. That's 5 years of way above average production.

Also over the 5 years where he has been a starter, he averages 1424 yards a season, and 16.6 rushing TD's a season. That's not average.

His "average" is better than LaDainian Tomlinson ran for last year. His average rushing TD production is also about the same as LT last year(17).

Socal, get your facts straight before you start typing. I don't want to have to embarrass you again.
    Last edited by Seahawk_For_Life; -12-13-2005 at 02:09 PM.
    "We were facing the No. 1 offense in the National Football League", Vitt said.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by socalramfan
    Believe me if their is any Seahawk who is not a good player off field if you ask me my vote goes to Ken (the hammer) Hamlin. The guy just keeps getting his #&% kicked in bar fights. Give up dude! You may hit hard on a football field but you sure take the hard hits off the field.
    What? How can you say that. The guy got hit with a freaking street sign. It wasn't even close to a fair fight. It's not like Ken was looking for a fight, the guy picked the fight with Ken and then hit him with a magnetic street sign. This is Hamlin's first ever off-field incident since he has been with Seattle, he has been a model citizen since he was drafted, and since at least his senior year in college.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    What? How can you say that. The guy got hit with a freaking street sign. It wasn't even close to a fair fight. It's not like Ken was looking for a fight, the guy picked the fight with Ken and then hit him with a magnetic street sign. This is Hamlin's first ever off-field incident since he has been with Seattle, he has been a model citizen since he was drafted, and since at least his senior year in college.
    Uh yah he was he was walking out of the club and he saw his brother surronded then he ran over then got hit.
    Last edited by socalramfan; -12-16-2005 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk_For_Life
    Average in the past? Are you new to the NFL?

Year-Yards-Ave.-Rush Td's-Total Td's
    2001 1318 4.3 14 16
    2002 1175 4.0 16 18
    2003 1435 4.4 14 16
    2004 1696 4.8 16 20
    2005 1496 4.9 23 23(so far)

-NFL-record five straight seasons with 15 touchdowns
    -Franchise record for the most rushing yards in the Seattle Seahawks' history

I only posted two records that showed his sustained production to counter your point, that he was "average" before this year. That's 5 years of way above average production.

Also over the 5 years where he has been a starter, he averages 1424 yards a season, and 16.6 rushing TD's a season. That's not average.

His "average" is better than LaDainian Tomlinson ran for last year. His average rushing TD production is also about the same as LT last year(17).

Socal, get your facts straight before you start typing. I don't want to have to embarrass you again.
    I guess I didnt hear about him as much as I did this year. Dont get mad dude. Believe me you didnt embaress me as bad as the rams did seattle last year can you say 3 LOSSES to the rams

I guess I didnt hear about him as much as I did this year. Dont get mad dude. Believe me you didnt embaress me as bad as the rams did seattle last year can you say 3 LOSSES to the rams
    Did you not watch the Rams last year? Alexander has always embarressed us every season. He's the second best back in the league, but as a pure runner he's the best RB the league has had since Barry Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Did you not watch the Rams last year? Alexander has always embarressed us every season. He's the second best back in the league, but as a pure runner he's the best RB the league has had since Barry Sanders.
    How did he embaress us if we got 3 w's out of the deal. I wish he would have embaressed us this year

Because he has run all over the Rams since he came into the league after the 99' season. BTW, he did embaress us this year. I believe he had over 120 yards when we played in Seattle. Not too mention the 100 yards he had in St.Louis.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Because he has run all over the Rams since he came into the league after the 99' season. BTW, he did embaress us this year. I believe he had over 120 yards when we played in Seattle. Not too mention the 100 yards he had in St.Louis.
    I don't think there is any shame in being run all over by Alexander because he does it to almost EVERYONE.

The real shame is having Rock Cartwright from the Skins run for over 100 yards against us this year with the Skins running for over 200 total on us.

Oh and the Falcons last year running everywhere on us, and when the uhhh........ well you get the picture.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE