Milan is offline Registered User

Shaun McDonald To The Lions

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RTS01/70312048

Lions sign WR McDonald

March 12, 2007

By GEORGE SIPPLE

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz will be reunited with another of his former St. Louis Rams wide receivers.

The Lions signed free agent Shaun McDonald to a two-year, $2.8 million deal on Monday. McDonald will receive $1.5 million in guaranteed money.

Advertisement
    McDonald, 25, played in 16 games last season, mostly on special teams. He caught 13 passes for 136 yards and one touchdown and averaged 7.5 yards on 23 punt returns for 172 yards.

McDonald visited the Lions on March 6, along with former Michigan State running back T.J. Duckett, who agreed to a one-year deal on Saturday.

Martz drafted McDonald, 5-foot-10, 183 pounds, in the fourth round of the 2003 NFL Draft when he was coaching the Rams.

McDonald’s best game in the NFL came in 2005, when he caught nine passes for 121 yards in a 44-24 loss to the N.Y. Giants.

Last season the Lions reunited Martz with Mike Furrey, who had played wide receiver and defensive back for him with the Rams. Furrey, whose previous career high was 20 catches in 2003, finished last season ranked first in the NFC and second in the NFL with 98 catches. Furrey caught six touchdowns, averaged 11.1 yards per catch and had 1,086 receiving yards.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: Shaun McDonald To The Lions

Interesting signing, I thought McDonald would command more. So I guess this makes him their #2 for the time being.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i think he will be their third not 2nd, Roy Williams is first and Furrey is 2nd?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Funny, when I first looked at this thread title I could have sworn it said "Shaun McDonald Thrown To The Lions".

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's going to interesting to see how he does. Hopefully we haven't made a mistake by letting him get away.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    It's going to interesting to see how he does. Hopefully we haven't made a mistake by letting him get away.
    Don't think he is anything special,and IMO with his lack of size he didn't figure much in Linehan's system as proved last year..:l