Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Should we go after Devin Thomas?

The Redskins are actively working to trade WR Devin Thomas, according to the National Football Post.
    Thomas has been buried on the depth chart and relegated to a special teams role ever since coach Mike Shanahan arrived. The underachieving 2008 second-round pick still has plenty of upside if he gets a change of scenery. Still, his inability to move past names like Joey Galloway and Anthony Armstrong speaks volumes. Perhaps the Redskins could coax a team like the Rams, Seahawks or Vikings into giving up a late-round pick for a flier on Thomas.
    Source: National Football Post

If we could get him for a late pick, I'd say go for it. I think he has potential to be a good WR. From what I've seen of him, he is quick and can run over people. I was surprised that he hasn't been getting any playing time in Washington.

Though I wonder whats wrong with him if players like Galloway, Armstrong and Roydell Williams are playing and he's not.

Even if he doesn't turn out to be anything great, with our injuries at WR we could use another WR or two just for depth. So if we can get him for a 4th or lower I think we should defiantly do it.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Should we go after Devin Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    The Redskins are actively working to trade WR Devin Thomas, according to the National Football Post.
    Thomas has been buried on the depth chart and relegated to a special teams role ever since coach Mike Shanahan arrived. The underachieving 2008 second-round pick still has plenty of upside if he gets a change of scenery. Still, his inability to move past names like Joey Galloway and Anthony Armstrong speaks volumes. Perhaps the Redskins could coax a team like the Rams, Seahawks or Vikings into giving up a late-round pick for a flier on Thomas.
    Source: National Football Post

If we could get him for a late pick, I'd say go for it. I think he has potential to be a good WR. From what I've seen of him, he is quick and can run over people. I was surprised that he hasn't been getting any playing time in Washington.

Though I wonder whats wrong with him if players like Galloway, Armstrong and Roydell Williams are playing and he's not.

Even if he doesn't turn out to be anything great, with our injuries at WR we could use another WR or two just for depth. So if we can get him for a 4th or lower I think we should defiantly do it.

I would prefer not to. I think Clayton, Amendola, Gibson and Gilyard are fine for now, and we have some yong guys on the practice squad if need be.

Also, what has Thomas shown to indicate he would be worth trading for? Being unable to beat out Galloway, Armstrong or Williams doesn't indicate he would get playing time in St Louis. For that reason, i can't see why you would trade a fourth for him.

We got Clayton and 7th rounder for a 6th rounder. Thomas would barely be worth a 7th

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

My answer is NO.

The coaching staff has slowly been giving Gilyard more playing time and I really think that he is a diamond in the rough.

Save the draft picks......DeSpags has proven that they will make them count.

GO RAMS!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Enough already.....

Clayton, Amendola, Gilyard, Gibson, and Robinson are performing very well as a unit. As far as I am concern the Rams have a very productive WR core that is developing and to go after another teams malcontent unproven player makes no sense.

Clayton is developing into a fine #1. Sam trust him he may not get seperation but when the ball is in the air the guy goes and gets it.

Danny is your dependable great hands guy who is not afraid to go in the middle mix it up and get YAC's.

Gibson gets the seperation and when he continues to get more comfortable hopefully some of the drops will no longer be an issue.

Gilyard has the potentail and when he gets the confidence look out.

Go Rams

richtree is offline Registered User

Plus he makes a ton of money....they will probably cut him anyway, so no

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

........and Denario's waiting on the practice squad........

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
    ........and Denario's waiting on the practice squad........
    I forgot about him

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

the guy hasn't played well and he's had every opportunity to do so given the redskins' poor receiving corps. not interested.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Its not a crazy idea if you could trade a 6th or 7th for him then yes I would consider doing it. He is only 23 years old 6'2 220 and runs a 4.3 40. There are a few bright spots that shows he could help out:

Thomas is sixth in the NFL with a 28.0-yard kickoff average. Last season against the New Orleans Saints, the eventual Super Bowl champions, Thomas had seven receptions for 100 yards and two touchdowns.

We could use him to help improve our kickoff return game as well. He is only 23 and there are no WR's younger then 23 on the roster. There is no WR taller then him at 6'2 on the current roster. He weighs 220 which is more then any WR on the roster. He runs faster then any WR on the roster with a 4.3 40.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -10-06-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

He was cut today by the Redskins. Maybe a tryout in St Louis ?
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I remember reading that Skins insiders were saying that neither Malcolm Kelly nor Thomas seemed to "get it" & were at risk of ruining the careers by not working hard enough.

Do The Rams need an underachiever ?

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I remember reading that Skins insiders were saying that neither Malcolm Kelly nor Thomas seemed to "get it" & were at risk of ruining the careers by not working hard enough.

Do The Rams need an underachiever ?
    Nothing to lose really give him a shot IMO and see what he has. Youth (23), Speed (4.3 40), and Size (6'2 220) are things you cant teach either you have them or you don't and he has them. He is also currently 6th in the NFL with a 28 yard kickoff return average. He could possibly give our special teams a boost. Last season against the Saints he had seven receptions for 100 yards and two touchdowns. Sure he might not work out but he has tools that we need if he does which is a big WR with speed or a good return man for special teams.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

In a word, NO!!! I don't see Washington's receiver's as any better than ours, and if he can't make it there, what would make me believe he'd be worth our time here? Nothing, that's what.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Nothing to lose really give him a shot IMO and see what he has. Youth (23), Speed (4.3 40), and Size (6'2 220) are things you cant teach either you have them or you don't and he has them. He is also currently 6th in the NFL with a 28 yard kickoff return average. He could possibly give our special teams a boost. Last season against the Saints he had seven receptions for 100 yards and two touchdowns. Sure he might not work out but he has tools that we need if he does which is a big WR with speed or a good return man for special teams.
    I've never really liked that argument, esp if the attitude/commitment problem I heard about is the issue. You're either on the bus or off the bus.Bring him into camp, sure, but not midseason. You only get 53 spots & The Rams already have a WR project (Danario) taking up one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast